P1000 New factory hard cab install

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pick up my new pioneer the other day and all my accessories that I have to install. Factory hard cab, heater and some other small accessories. One thing I did different on the factory hard cab order is I ordered the flip out front hard glass windshield from Hard Cabs. I ordered it through the dealer. I had a Gator before with a cab and flip out windshield and I can tell you if you don't have a flip out/up windshield you will cook in the summer time. I have know idea why Honda doesn't offer this as a factory install. It's made by the same people that make their cab. Anyway, on to the install. Sure am glad a buddy of mine showed up to help because it is a two man job. The doors are super heavy, heavier than my solild glass Gator doors. It way no easy job putting together the cab. After installation I noticed the cab has several gaps that let cold air in, I would think Honda could do better than this but I see what their doing, Their build a vehicle that can be pieced together in many different combinations. The flip out windshield fits like a glove and the I'm super impressed with the doors and roll up window. Over all it's a nice cab with a little bit of foam sealing here and there. But make sure you ask you dealer about the flip out windshield. Trust me, if you don't get you will kick yourseld in the head, plus you'll cook in hot or even semi hot weather.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
With buying the flip out windshield does it work with the Honda roof or do you have to use the hard cabs roof . ???

Reactions: HBarlow and Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Duplicate

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
With buying the flip out windshield does it work with the Honda roof or do you have to use the hard cabs roof . ???

From their web site FAQ:

Can I Buy Doors Or Windshields Separately?

HardCabs, with the exception of 2 Windshield Only Kits, will only sell full cab kits. The primary reason for this is because our cab panels at times rely on each other for supports. Also, we cannot guarantee that our doors or any other component will fit with the other roof or windshield that you have on your vehicle.

Also, I only see a 1000-3 offering.

Reactions: Lady01
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's some pictures:

IMG 20220221 135313 IMG 20220221 135259 IMG 20220221 135234

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
From their web site FAQ:

Can I Buy Doors Or Windshields Separately?

HardCabs, with the exception of 2 Windshield Only Kits, will only sell full cab kits. The primary reason for this is because our cab panels at times rely on each other for supports. Also, we cannot guarantee that our doors or any other component will fit with the other roof or windshield that you have on your vehicle.

Also, I only see a 1000-3 offering.
It works with the Honda roof and Honda doors. For some reason, Hard Cabs site doesn't list this windshield. If fact, when I ask my Dealer to get it for me his Rep told him the only one they made had to be used with their cab system. So I sent the Dealer a link from another web site that was selling the unit that went with the Honda roof. The next day the Dealer calls and tells me the Rep called him back and he can get the windshield. I said, great, order it. Here is a link to the website selling the windshield that works with the Honda roof and doors. Honda Pioneer 1000 Glass Front Windshield | Side By Side Stuff

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
It works with the Honda roof and Honda doors. For some reason, Hard Cabs site does list this windshield. If fact, when I ask the my Dealer to get it for me his Rep told him the only one they made had to be use with their cab system. So I sent the Dealer a link from another web site that was selling the unit that went with the Honda roof. The next day the Dealer calls and tells me the Rep called him back and he can get the windshield. I said, great, order it. Here is a link to the website selling the windshield that works with the Honda roof and doors. Honda Pioneer 1000 Glass Front Windshield | Side By Side Stuff
Does it seal up that huge gap at the front of the Honda roof?

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes. it has a large piece of foam that is at the top of the windshield frame. You will have to cut out where the clamps are that hold down the roof. Just take your time with a razor knife. Mine sealed great in this area. Remember, you can cut more off but you can't put it back on, so cut a little at a time to get it right. I put the roof on last and I can tell you that to get the roof clamps between the rollbar and the top windshield frame is tough. I had to push on the windshield frame and force the clamp round the rollbar. I may have not done it right, but the instructions for the windshield suck. You may want to put the windshield in last. I'm not sure, I done it the way I did it and it worked out. When we first set the windshield we had to go back and re-adjust. You want it high enough to clear the two bolts located on the bottom frame mount for the windshield. The windshield and frame are super great quality. The company that makes the windshield may be Hard Cabs but the parent company DFK is a world wide manufacture of equipment cabs and doors.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!