Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, I’m not a payment guy so I dunno about that.. but I get it and don’t blame ya. Point being who gives a f*** what kind of mileage a vehicle gets if it won’t get you there. And who cares if it will pull the wheels off a the trailer if you can’t stand to drive it around town (cough cough, kilo)... the max tow F150 is very much like the PK5... it’s not the cheapest and it’s not the best for every situation or everybody. BUT it’s all around the best truck to suit MY needs. I don’t give a flying f*** if the rest of you cocksuckers drive a space shuttle around! The thread was/is about F150’s... so you can choose the left or the right nut to lick. Don’t matter, there’s dog slobber in both!
I make some payments too. Pretty hard to find good deal on a 30yo Cummins powered Sxs to do what I need it to lol. These Sxs’s are killing me, I understand payments.
I was just flipping some s***. I know trucks have come a long ways and they are much nicer to drive. I work on, have more experience around and drive more different trucks in a month then damn near anyone on this site.
We really enjoyed driving the new rental over there, much smoother truck then ours and the price I’d probably rent again. Hell we dropped it’s resale more then 700$ in that 5000 miles and didn’t need an oil change, why not beat up someone else’s s*** lol. Our truck would make it though. But I agree if I had to put a ton of miles on a truck daily I wouldn’t drive ours.

J

JTW

Your new f150 wont hold a candle to my Cummins for the same price soooooo you can justify anything you want but at least it ain't a Chevy...
In what way? When I blew past you on the way home after the overland ride.. I understood exactly how you get such fuel mileage numbers. Ps... if you price a similarly equipped ram diesel truck..
FFB02B41 14A0 441C BBAC 0EC2E11DD655

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh damn it! Here we go
Bhahahaha. So little of the fight in here is mine. You would’ve originally thought it would all be. Now I’m kicking back enjoying someone else’s fight stoking the fire like all you f***ers do to me occasionally.

J

JTW

Bhahahaha. So little of the fight in here is mine. You would’ve originally thought it would all be. Now I’m kicking back enjoying someone else’s fight stoking the fire like all you f***ers do to me occasionally.
It’s way better when you’re spectator!! Having to talk to stupid people is like f***ing the neighbor boy... there’s always someone crying and whining talking about how wrong you are.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In what way? When I blew past you on the way home after the overland ride.. I understood exactly how you get such fuel mileage numbers. Ps... if you price a similarly equipped ram diesel truck.. View attachment 118540
72-74. No need to die. Yeah mine listed for 63. But hit the turn over. You pay the same that cant compete towing.

J

JTW

72-74. No need to die. Yeah mine listed for 63. But hit the turn over. You pay the same that cant compete towing.
It’ll do everything I NEED it to and will ride better doing it! I don’t need to tow a 30ft toyhauler, so why buy a truck that will ride like s*** when I’m primarily NOT towing? Did you not pay more for Fox shocks to improve the ride of your sxs? Would you pay more to get the factory ride back? No! Why would I want a diesel for everyday driving when I’m not hauling anything? Even if the prices of mine and yours are the same and even if they were similar equipped.. yours will cost more to run than mine.

And ps... you’re a cocksuck because you KNOW I cant stop now!

advertisement
J

JTW

I'm here to have the best within reason. I got a pioneer 1000, a new Cummins, a wolverine for the wife. Not a bad resume
Not at all... if I drove a work truck as my daily driver I would probably go the cummins route too. But considering this is my work truck and my tow truck.. it doesn’t make sense for me. I never said the F150 was the best towing truck.. I said it was better than the gas rams! As for initial cost... you either buy a gas ram and suffer pulling. Buy a diesel ram and suffer in ride.... OR buy an F150 max tow add some bags and get the best of both worlds (within reason)! You know why nobody has a Dodge Ram gas truck thread.... because they suck!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That truck we had didn’t care at 100mph in Montana on the way to Takeover. Still remember Ang not noticing forever then looking over as we blew by some cars then chewing my ass and eagle eying it the rest of the way. Could’ve been more efficient by just setting fire to an oil field then doing that though.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was outside and checked the mileage again. This was with stock tune so on the way back I may use the two tune but but recently I have not been using the tuner when towing just because I don’t want to add too much stress when I don’t really need the extra power. I love it tuned when I’m not towing because it’s so much more enjoyable to drive.

Eed719fed84eed16e00581b2cca08039

J

JTW

I was outside and checked the mileage again. This was with stock tune so on the way back I may use the two tune but but recently I have not been using the tuner when towing just because I don’t want to add too much stress when I don’t really need the extra power. I love it tuned when I’m not towing because it’s so much more enjoyable to drive.

View attachment 118569
That’s completely reasonable... basically 9mpg towing. I can live with that. But half that is unacceptable!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That’s completely reasonable... basically 9mpg towing. I can live with that. But half that is unacceptable!

I’m not bragging because it could be better. I’m just showing real numbers...good or bad. If I’d slow down or draft with the big rigs I could do a lot better.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!