Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’ve never understood the obsession with fuel mileage logs or the need to brag (often very inflated, I’ve pointed out before) about mpg on a pickup.

For business vehicles okay, but for personal I don’t get it.

The variance from pump to pump is enough to toss hand calculations by full digits.

At the end of the day I know exactly what it costs overall (fuel, maint,etc) to operate my truck without wasting my time on minor details. I also know why I have it ( cause I want it!) and it honestly makes no financial sense.

Off my soap box now.
Some may not worry about mileage and others do but an extra 100$ month really isn’t anything. If there’s a 1000$ truck payment and they don’t go very far pennies don’t matter. But some of those guys travel long distances and 3-400 does so a truck that gets good mileage is important
For us personally mileage means everything! Because of our schedules we are stuck bringing two rigs up camping. We camp a lot, in fact we’re already scheduled nearly every weekend for months, maybe hit 30 this year. Our rigs average 20 between the two, that’s 10 combined with 2 Sxs’s and dirt bikes. Average is about $200/month camping every weekend with both and no payments on those, so it’s very reasonable for us.
We started years back with a 6mpg motor home and a 10mpg truck, that’s fine for some but I’m not going back. That s*** keeps most people stuck at home or only going out occasionally, that’s not how I’m designed inside. Mileage allows us more frequency.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
As a 2017 Titan owner I agree when my co-workers asked how did I like it when I drove it to work the first words was it's ugly and will have to grow on me. Well a year later it's still ugly next year it will be a Ford F250, F350 or F450 haven't made up my mind yet I'm looking for a unicorn I have only seen one a King Ranch with 4 captain chairs instead of the bench.
I saw one at the gas pumps yesterday. I don't guess it's that bad...but it's certainly a bit unusual.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some may not worry about mileage and others do but an extra 100$ month really isn’t anything. If there’s a 1000$ truck payment and they don’t go very far pennies don’t matter. But some of those guys travel long distances and 3-400 does so a truck that gets good mileage is important
For us personally mileage means everything! Because of our schedules we are stuck bringing two rigs up camping. We camp a lot, in fact we’re already scheduled nearly every weekend for months, maybe hit 30 this year. Our rigs average 20 between the two, that’s 10 combined with 2 Sxs’s and dirt bikes. Average is about $200/month camping every weekend with both and no payments on those, so it’s very reasonable for us.
We started years back with a 6mpg motor home and a 10mpg truck, that’s fine for some but I’m not going back. That s*** keeps most people stuck at home or only going out occasionally, that’s not how I’m designed inside. Mileage allows us more frequency.
For me to drive to you and back with the Cummins was $400 dollars cheaper than it would be in a gas truck pulling my camper.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
For me to drive to you and back with the Cummins was $400 dollars cheaper than it would be in a gas truck pulling my camper.
That’s a lot. That’s exactly what I meant. 400 either makes the trip a lot better or makes it easier to do!

C

Chooglin

Started truck shopping this week. I originally started looking at the F-150 3.5 EB. After pricing a few of them , I quickly realized I could get me a low end F-250 for the same $ or less and have alot more truck for towing.

My 2014 5.0 did the job , but it was maxed out on its tow capacity. I was actually dreading the trip down to Takeover towing with this truck again.

Anyway , bought me a 2019 F-250 6.2 gasser and I can't wait to hook up the toy hauler and drag it down the road with this thing. I will be so much more relaxed knowing this truck won't break a sweat pulling the camper. No need to worry about added wait when I go camping now........I am going to load her up!!!!!

IMG 6995

J

JTW

Started truck shopping this week. I originally started looking at the F-150 3.5 EB. After pricing a few of them , I quickly realized I could get me a low end F-250 for the same $ or less and have alot more truck for towing.

My 2014 5.0 did the job , but it was maxed out on its tow capacity. I was actually dreading the trip down to Takeover towing with this truck again.

Anyway , bought me a 2019 F-250 6.2 gasser and I can't wait to hook up the toy hauler and drag it down the road with this thing. I will be so much more relaxed knowing this truck won't break a sweat pulling the camper. No need to worry about added wait when I go camping now........I am going to load her up!!!!!

View attachment 125181
Take your f***’n twenty five cent piece someplace else... you damned sellout!

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 125181
Congrats on the new truck.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!