Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I knew the 1st Gen (or whatever they were called) didn't really deliver on the fuel economy side of it, but I thought the newer ones were doing better? Maybe not.

Gotta give Ford credit: Those EB's put out like a drunk whore. There is a reg cab (poss 2wd) at the chase just up the road. Kinda wonder how well it does burnouts.
Careful, don't rock the boat! ;) If you buy enough aftermarket things you can make what you want regardless if it will handle or stop it.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Funny article! Obviously biased. I don’t care what my neighbors or friends drive or any of you guys. I’ve got great friends that drive all brands.....even plumber! We are an EcoBoost family and my brother is still driving a 2011 model. All of these are tuned and extremely powerful and they are not grocery getters. They are all Max Tow models and used that way. And for the economy, it all depends on how you drive.

for the third row seating I borrowed my brother-in-laws Tahoe to go to the beach with the family, got 14mpg with that 5.3. It was terrible but I probably could have drove the speed limit or slower and then bragged about the GM product like that article.

One of our co-workers has a crew-cab Ram 1500 2wd with hemi and he drives like g-pa. I can’t touch his lifetime mileage of 24mpg. Of coarse that’s no towing.

Point is, all these trucks are awesome, choose what you like. That article above is funny how biased it is.

My truck new, not broken in. First tank of fuel, not bad for a crew cab 4x4 with the low gear for MaxTow.
B6b976c22182378ec64bf6d1403dc0ae

I lost about 3mpg with lift, 35’s and tool boxes in the back.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Funny article! Obviously biased. I don’t care what my neighbors or friends drive or any of you guys. I’ve got great friends that drive all brands.....even plumber! We are an EcoBoost family and my brother is still driving a 2011 model. All of these are tuned and extremely powerful and they are not grocery getters. They are all Max Tow models and used that way. And for the economy, it all depends on how you drive.

for the third row seating I borrowed my brother-in-laws Tahoe to go to the beach with the family, got 14mpg with that 5.3. It was terrible but I probably could have drove the speed limit or slower and then bragged about the GM product like that article.

One of our co-workers has a crew-cab Ram 1500 2wd with hemi and he drives like g-pa. I can’t touch his lifetime mileage of 24mpg. Of coarse that’s no towing.

Point is, all these trucks are awesome, choose what you like. That article above is funny how biased it is.

My truck new, not broken in. First tank of fuel, not bad for a crew cab 4x4 with the low gear for MaxTow.
View attachment 124603

I lost about 3mpg with lift, 35’s and tool boxes in the back.
Were just trying to ruffle your feathers.

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
A few years back we had a Titan in the work fleet. Drank gas worse than all the others but never failed. It was a 2wd crew cab 5.6. Like 200k or more miles when it was retired.
I was thinking someone was going to answer "because we have eyesight"?

I drove one when they debuted in 2004. Seems to have started strong (sales wise), but soon dropped off. Seems like they had inadequate rear axles for a big, powerful truck.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was thinking someone was going to answer "because we have eyesight"?

I drove one when they debuted in 2004. Seems to have started strong (sales wise), but soon dropped off. Seems like they inadequate rear axles for a big, powerful truck.

I also test drove one in 2004 and my main take away was the lack of low-end torque. It seems like that motor made all of its power in the upper RPM range and that turned me off.

You lost me on the eyesight comment

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm saying the new Titan looks like it fell out of an ugly tree and hit every limb...

I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder just like beauty is as well. I never really thought much about it. I like the way most trucks look except for a lot of the GM trucks, they just never really looked that good to me.

My favorite is probably the late 70s dent side Fords. But that could be because of my emotional attachment to the one given to me by my grandfather. It’s not a dent side but it’s the model just before those.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I guess ugly is in the eye of the beholder just like beauty is as well. I never really thought much about it. I like the way most trucks look except for a lot of the GM trucks, they just never really looked that good to me.

My favorite is probably the late 70s dent side Fords. But that could be because of my emotional attachment to the one given to me by my grandfather. It’s not a dent side but it’s the model just before those.
If you buy a new Titan, you can always park it next to the new Chevy HD. That will make you feel better.

Honestly, the big 3's 1/2 tons are all sharp looking rides.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The first years of Titans were plagued with cheap interiors and rattles. They never were a worthy truck. They are built here in Canton,Ms. and there is a reason Nissan just layed off some people.

Reactions: DG Rider
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!