New guy loves his P500

M

MTsurveyor

Sep 1, 2020
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Bozeman! I'm a new owner of a P500 and this is my first post. I use my rig for work and restricted USFS trails. I'm looking a getting a set of 4 equal sized Bighorn OG, 26x9x12 or 14 and keeping the stock wheels/tires for 50" trails. The main purpose of my rig is to get me up in the high country for work (surveyor), carry my gear and not tip over. Anybody in South Central Montana, you know what pucker factor is when riding in the hills. Should I look at 26's or 27's with spacers or 4+3 offsets? i'd like to stay close to 50, but I want more traction, clearance and a better ride. I also was told by a local dealer to get Sedona Rip Saw tires (cause they're tough) but heard they weren't good in the snow. Thoughts for a nube are greatly appreciated!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy from Bozeman! I'm a new owner of a P500 and this is my first post. I use my rig for work and restricted USFS trails. I'm looking a getting a set of 4 equal sized Bighorn OG, 26x9x12 or 14 and keeping the stock wheels/tires for 50" trails. The main purpose of my rig is to get me up in the high country for work (surveyor), carry my gear and not tip over. Anybody in South Central Montana, you know what pucker factor is when riding in the hills. Should I look at 26's or 27's with spacers or 4+3 offsets? i'd like to stay close to 50, but I want more traction, clearance and a better ride. I also was told by a local dealer to get Sedona Rip Saw tires (cause they're tough) but heard they weren't good in the snow. Thoughts for a nube are greatly appreciated!
I used to work for the Museum of the Rockies back in 95’ great area. Welcome to the forum.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State :cool:

Remember...pics or it didn't happen ;)

#NTC

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Welcome to the club surveyor. Congrats on the new toy!
Adding bigger tires and staying at 50" isn't recommended, it'll be a pucker fest. 26's and some spacers on stock wheels will work. Some 5+2 aftermarket wheels would work too. Consensus says Rip Saws suck in snow and sand, heavy and flat profile. They might be better in mud but BH's on 12's is the way to go.
Where's the pics?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Ga, also ride USFS restricted trails. Just barely fit through gates at 54 inches wide with 27s on 5-2 rims, no spacers. Glad the Koplin side mirrors swing in to pass thru.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy back at you from Oklahoma, and welcome to the forum.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
WELCOME! Be safe!

MtClimber500

MtClimber500

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Butte, Mt
Ownership

1. 500
Hello from Butte. I hunt and ride a lot in SW MT. I have the Sedona Coyote 27 inch tires and love them . Haven't had any traction issues. Though am thinking about getting the front differential lock mod. I haven't gotten any spacers yet because of the many 50 inch trails around here. A lot of those trails have only been cleared to exactly 50 inches and there are some tight places where I barely squeeze through. I carry a small chain saw in my box just in case I run into a gap that is too small or some new dead fall or an elk that I have to rip up.

Mbradley42

Mbradley42

Aug 22, 2020
Waynesville NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Welcome from one surveyor to another glad to see another one on here! Also welcome from western NC.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!