1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just found out about this today... Looks pretty similar to the P5:

Crossover Utility Vehicles | XUV560 | John Deere US

Deal breakers: 16 horsepower, air cooled, top speed 28 MPH

BUT, it has 1100 pound towing capacity, 8" of travel all round, comes with better tires plus the option of 26" bighorns from the factory, comes with the underhood storage and glovebox.

Looks like a cool little machine at a good price! (not trading my P5 for it tho!!!)
Ok ehart, here's the skinny. I stopped by my local John Deere store to see the new XUV560 and they don't have any and won't be ordering any in. They say that it's the same as the old XUV550 with a new sticker on it. The 550 (and the new 560) both have Briggs and Stratton motors, and every 550 they sold netted them unhappy customers to a person. So they won't be stocking them, and I lost my interest.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok ehart, here's the skinny. I stopped by my local John Deere store to see the new XUV560 and they don't have any and won't be ordering any in. They say that it's the same as the old XUV550 with a new sticker on it. The 550 (and the new 560) both have Briggs and Stratton motors, and every 550 they sold netted them unhappy customers to a person. So they won't be stocking them, and I lost my interest.
Wow! That is good information. Very interesting. Surprising that a company like John Deere would continue to produce such a product.... I guess they are probably just manufacturing them to a price point at the expense of quality.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow! That is good information. Very interesting. Surprising that a company like John Deere would continue to produce such a product.... I guess they are probably just manufacturing them to a price point at the expense of quality.
Exactly, sometimes it's better to stay and do even better job with the market area the cover and not expand to sxs field if they don't have good designer group.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It is to a price point, that's it. Same thing with their low end mowers sold at the box stores. It's unfortunate that the corporate decision makers find that better. But here's the deal, I've been buying my tractors from this dealership for 20 years and he told me that most of the people that buy UTV's are also tractor buyers, this is very rural country in eastern Oklahoma. He values his customers and that's why he won't be bringing any 560's in. The 590 however has a Chery engine that he's very proud of. It's a water cooled Italian motor that they've sold many trouble free models of.

Reactions: jawquin
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Exactly, sometimes it's better to stay and do even better job with the market area the cover and not expand to sxs field if they don't have good designer group.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
They do, the XUV 550 and 560's however is what they should abandon and leave the low end to others. They make a good UTV at the $12-13,000 range with good reviews and so they should stick with that and preserve their reputation for quality.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Kinda crazy that you can let a Honda sit around for years, crank on it a few times and it fires up...
you can run a Briggs yesterday and it won't start today.
Guess my buddy was right about those Gators. That's too bad for JD.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Kinda crazy that you can let a Honda sit around for years, crank on it a few times and it fires up...
you can run a Briggs yesterday and it won't start today.
Guess my buddy was right about those Gators. That's too bad for JD.
I agree with you. And my local dealer is pissed about it. He quit ordering in those low end mowers that you can get at Lowes, and he's not going to stock anymore of their air cooled UTV's. He really is concerned for his customers and his reputation.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with you. And my local dealer is pissed about it. He quit ordering in those low end mowers that you can get at Lowes, and he's not going to stock anymore of their air cooled UTV's. He really is concerned for his customers and his reputation.
Sounds like a good man to do business with!

Reactions: Montecresto
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
John Deere.
is not wat they use to be...
They went to the UTV sales
....because Mahindra is taking
alot of there business. ....
Goggle it....

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
None of the manufacturer's are what they used to be, and Honda is no exception in my opinion. It's all about making their shareholder's alot of money rather than putting good old quality first.
I agree.....they all have

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
None of the manufacturer's are what they used to be, and Honda is no exception in my opinion. It's all about making their shareholder's alot of money rather than putting good old quality first.
Honda p500 engine .....
has been out there
for years.....
not a JD fan
"IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING THE OH....
NOT SO MIGHTY $

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'd take this old Ford Tractor
any day....
Not sure wat yr it is.....
but that's a tractor

20160709 120041

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm sure there's truth to that. But I traded in my first JD with 16,000 hours on it, and I have a 4 and a 5 series presently that I wouldn't take for. My first tractor was a 1939 ford 9N. Probably a good tractor in its day, but that dang down draft carb gave me fits every time I went to start it. Nice sounding little flat head motors.

Reactions: jawquin
O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
I test drove a deere gator 590i ,pretty sure was it. It ran awesome, way smoother than my pioneer 1k. The power steering was effort less. I was gonna order one until the motor was identified as a Chinese built cherry. Couldn't spend that much money on a Chinese powered rig. Very impressive lea p forward for deere though .

Last edited by a moderator:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like an 8n Ford. I used to have one, it was a '48 I think. the guy I sold it to still uses it on a regular basis!
Old Tractors
catch my eye

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks like an 8n Ford. I used to have one, it was a '48 I think. the guy I sold it to still uses it on a regular basis!
Not much difference in the 8/9 N's, neither were 4 wheel drive though like so many JD's today. Bet you wish you still had that little flat head four banger.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I test drove a deere gator 590i ,pretty sure was it. It ran awesome, way smoother than my pioneer 1k. The power steering was effort less. I was gonna order one until the motor was identified as a Chinese built cherry. Couldn't spend that much money on a Chinese powered rig. Very impressive lea p forward for deere though .
I was raised to believe the same thing about things made in Japan in the 60's. While there is still cheap s*** coming out of China, just shop ChinaMart (Walmart), the Chery company actually produces a good product. Nice looking cars and SUV's too. They have partnered with Jaguar and Land Rover as well as several European car manufactures and they build in South America as well. I checked out the 590i, and it's a very nice machine, unlike their cheaper air cooled models that they apparently think will compete with the P5, lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just found out about this today... Looks pretty similar to the P5:

Crossover Utility Vehicles | XUV560 | John Deere US

Deal breakers: 16 horsepower, air cooled, top speed 28 MPH

BUT, it has 1100 pound towing capacity, 8" of travel all round, comes with better tires plus the option of 26" bighorns from the factory, comes with the underhood storage and glovebox.

Looks like a cool little machine at a good price! (not trading my P5 for it tho!!!)
That's a great looking rig but I can't believe the hp numbers

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!