New member from Mesilla New Mexico

sayulero

sayulero

Supporting Member
Oct 30, 2023
Mesilla New Mexico
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello all. Bought a used 2014 700-4 to modify some and take to our place in a small fishing village on the Pacific coast of Mexico. We won't be putting this machine through the typical off road use, rather using it for local transportation and chores. The roads there are either cobblestone or unpaved and some are very steep, After considerable research, I found this machine to be ideal for our needs. The town is too small for more cars and the Yamaha four wheeler we took down 20+ years ago is sometimes too small for certain tasks. Will be taking friends into town and to area beaches, picking up building and maintenance materials, towing a small trailer. Maybe a little mild trail exploring. The machine had been laid over in a ditch by the previous owner, so had to replace a couple of the cage pieces with used ones from PSN on Ebay--worked out perfectly. Now working on finding places to create the missing storage spots for tools and emergency gear. Posted a couple of ideas I have had for that so far, and finding some great ones that members have already done on the forums. Looking forward to learning lots from fellow members!

IMG 2987 IMG 3016

Last edited:
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the club. What is that white sports car on the upper level? I can usually recognize most of that era, but that one has me stumped.

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Howdy from Oklahoma and welcome to the club. What is that white sports car on the upper level? I can usually recognize most of that era, but that one has me stumped.

Edit: I'll guess MG Midget.
I was gonna say MG Midget.

Lights and fuel cap look right. So does the boot handle and the logo above it.

I'll say early '70s. '72 maybe.

advertisement
sayulero

sayulero

Supporting Member
Oct 30, 2023
Mesilla New Mexico
Ownership

1. 700-4
That is the second to last 1974 (1275cc) RWA MG Midget built. Exactly like the one my wife owned when we got married. I swapped out the rubber bumper over-riders for the nicer chrome ones from '73. I also have my very first car, a 1960 MGA 1600!

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I was gonna say MG Midget.

Lights and fuel cap look right. So does the boot handle and the logo above it.

I'll say early '70s. 72' maybe.
I would have said MG Midget for sure (I had a '71) but the rear fender well looked rounded in the picture and mine was squared off at the top. I also had a Bug eye Sprite and a Triumph TR-250. I found all the jokes about "Lucas (the British lord of darkness) electrics" to be mostly true. :)

Last edited:
sayulero

sayulero

Supporting Member
Oct 30, 2023
Mesilla New Mexico
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would have said MG Midget for sure (I had a '71) but the rear fender well looked rounded in the picture and mine was squared off at the top. I also had a Bug eye Sprite and a Triumph TR-250. I found all the jokes about "Lucas (the British lord of darkness) electrics" to be mostly true. :)
Yeah--the Lucas stuff can be troublesome, but overall the cars are very simple. Fun to have and drive. The round wheel arch (RWA) Midgets were the 72, 73, and 74 models only. After 74 they went back to the squared top wheel arch and put a Spitfire 1500 engine in them. I consider only the pre '75 MG Midgets to be the "real deal"... Here's my MGA that I have owned since '69:

IMG 0920

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!