P500 New Member from WNY

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
New to Honda and SXS. Bought ours on Saturday, took it on the reservation along the escarpment Sunday. We had Yamaha Grizzlys for the last 10 years and considered ourselves experienced riders. Well that's all gone out the window. There is a bit of a learning curve with this little green bugger. But the wife and I are very excited to get started. Accessories to start with are the Warn winch, Rear view mirror, Bimini top and Half windshield. I tow it in a 7X12 tandum enclosed trailer and it fits perfect. I am concerned about bottoming out, (did a few hard hits on Sunday) and about stability. Tires and wheels are in the future and a hard top. But height will be an issue. I have 6'-2" height at my trailer door. Looking forward to learning from the experience of all the members on this site.

FB IMG 1495995588071

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad that you've joined us. Great site with lots of good info.
ENJOY!!!!!

Reactions: fuimus
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Greetings fuimus and welcome to the forum. I have an enclosed trailer with a 72-1/2" vertical door opening and I have an EMP aluminum roof that goes in with no problem, it raises profile of P5 less than 1/2".
EMP 02 2 EMP roof bolts in 6 places to ROPS cage
RearLED03 I mounted rear light on a bracket so it's below roofline
Winch1 View from front

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Greetings fuimus and welcome to the forum. I have an enclosed trailer with a 72-1/2" vertical door opening and I have an EMP aluminum roof that goes in with no problem, it raises profile of P5 less than 1/2".
View attachment 45294 EMP roof bolts in 6 places to ROPS cage
View attachment 45297 I mounted rear light on a bracket so it's below roofline
View attachment 45296 View from front

Very nice rig DaddyDubbs. I like the EMP roof and I really like your accessory picks. That bumper and winch setup is the way to go from what I have been reading and seeing

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma Fuimus, and welcome. You have chosen well. A lot of us like to name our rides here, and I am pretty sure "Little Green Booger" is not taken ;). I am sure @trigger will be jealous that he did not think of it first.
Thanks Silver_Alert, It is either little Green Bugger or The Frog LOL

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Very nice rig DaddyDubbs. I like the EMP roof and I really like your accessory picks. That bumper and winch setup is the way to go from what I have been reading and seeing
Thanks fuimus. One thing you will notice here (if you haven't already). Some owners keep it all Honda and only add OEM equipment, others use a combination of OEM and Aftermarket, some use only aftermarket and some owners fabricate any to all of their accessories. No matter which route you take it's all good, the P5 is a great machine, and this forum has a lot of experienced people that will gladly help you.

jrplaza2008

jrplaza2008

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2014
Richmond, TX
WELCOME Fuimus!! You will enjoy this club I assure you! Great people here!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Howdy from Oklahoma Fuimus, and welcome. You have chosen well. A lot of us like to name our rides here, and I am pretty sure "Little Green Booger" is not taken ;). I am sure @trigger will be jealous that he did not think of it first.

Lol, I read it as Booger too, not Bugger! o_O
Welcome to the best forum on the web @fuimus . Look at that thing, brand spanky, clean and shiny, nice ride!
Takes a little getting used to but you'll end up loving the little dude. Fits just about anywhere and will surprise you at how capable it is. Wheels and bigger better tires make a huge difference in the ride and stability. Let the Amazon orders begin...

fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, I read it as Booger too, not Bugger! o_O
Welcome to the best forum on the web @fuimus . Look at that thing, brand spanky, clean and shiny, nice ride!
Takes a little getting used to but you'll end up loving the little dude. Fits just about anywhere and will surprise you at how capable it is. Wheels and bigger better tires make a huge difference in the ride and stability. Let the Amazon orders begin...
Lol strong made front bumper ordered just a few minutes ago

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome to the forum from Texas

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Mississippi Fuimus and the upgrades are almost endless and u got a good start on it.
These are some of mine.
Honda roof - 4000lb winch - 14in weels -26in zilas - homedipo toolbox - Strongmade cargo basket - 3 way tow hitch and 1 1/2 in spacers on the rear weel - windshield and snorkel. Ploss a few others yet to come.
20170513 190320
20170513 190334
20170513 190354

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!