P1000 New member/New owner

F

Five20too

Nov 14, 2015
Hey all I just wanted to say hi and to say how extremely pleased I am with my new 1000-5! That thing is a beast!!! I bought it last Wednesday (a Veteran's Day gift to me) and I can't stop telling folks about it. I've had a few other side by sides including a Rhino, 2 Polaris 800 crew's (because I didn't learn the 1st time) and a Honda Big Red. None of them compares to this one. This thing has so many more options than all the other ones put together. I'm looking forward to dressing it out a little more with a winch, full skids, lights and a stereo and I have found a bunch of great info on this site already to get me in the right direction.

The only problem I can find with it so far is the lighting. The high beams seem like they are only good for coon hunting as they shine way up in the trees. Is there any way to adjust them? Thanks for any assistance.

Reactions: DTAGG and bobbyhill
DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all I just wanted to say hi and to say how extremely pleased I am with my new 1000-5! That thing is a beast!!! I bought it last Wednesday (a Veteran's Day gift to me) and I can't stop telling folks about it. I've had a few other side by sides including a Rhino, 2 Polaris 800 crew's (because I didn't learn the 1st time) and a Honda Big Red. None of them compares to this one. This thing has so many more options than all the other ones put together. I'm looking forward to dressing it out a little more with a winch, full skids, lights and a stereo and I have found a bunch of great info on this site already to get me in the right direction.

The only problem I can find with it so far is the lighting. The high beams seem like they are only good for coon hunting as they shine way up in the trees. Is there any way to adjust them? Thanks for any assistance.
Welcome , i noticed an adjustment screw through the plastic at each headlamp give it a try. read the manual first just in case. enjoy

E

Everett

Oct 13, 2015

Yes there is a hole below the headlight that you can put a #2 phillips screwdriver in to adjust the lights. I had to turn mine down a lot. just aim at your garage door and adjust.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Five20too !!

F

Five20too

Nov 14, 2015
Yes there is a hole below the headlight that you can put a #2 phillips screwdriver in to adjust the lights. I had to turn mine down a lot. just aim at your garage door and adjust.

Thanks a bunch! Just the kind of info I needed. I should have checked the owner's manual first but didn't think about it. Saw a couple other posts on here mention the same problem with no response on how to adjust it so I thought I would ask. Thanks bobbyhill!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!