P1000 New or used

Jaredgriffin29

Jaredgriffin29

Dec 27, 2017
Sandrock, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey. Gotta question. Looking to get a pioneer 1000-5 soon. Went yesterday to purchase a new 2017 base model. I saw a 2016 white deluxe model sitting out by the maintance area. They said they are gonna replace the engine for sure and not sure of any other problems need fixing. Said it had been abused was the reason. ( dont have the whole story yet), It has a winch and full skid plates. The first quote price was 3k cheaper than the base model i was looking at. But the price might go up if they find more problems..So it could turn out to be close to the same price as a 2017 base model. Here is my question. Do i buy base model or take my chance on the white one ? The base model is my max price range. I was hoping (if i decide to), to get the white one for 1k less than the base model and buy the extended warranty for 3yrs. That would put me where i need to be financially. But dont wanna get problem machine for sure. What u think?

J

JTW

Crazy to even consider it!! Nothing wrong with a used machine if it’s been taken care of but not that one!!

Reactions: ohanacreek
Jaredgriffin29

Jaredgriffin29

Dec 27, 2017
Sandrock, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok . Im gonna go get the new one. Never owned any atv or utv before . Thanks for the advice guys

Reactions: chadbo
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the forum
Keep us posted and put up some pics.
Anything you need just ask or post the question.
1000 knowledge on this forum is second to none.If you lived by me I would go with you to check it out.I like to quiz sales people.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WV good choice on the new one

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If it has been pounded enough to blow a Honda engine..........

is there a question here?

NEW is the ONLY answer!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey. Gotta question. Looking to get a pioneer 1000-5 soon. Went yesterday to purchase a new 2017 base model. I saw a 2016 white deluxe model sitting out by the maintance area. They said they are gonna replace the engine for sure and not sure of any other problems need fixing. Said it had been abused was the reason. ( dont have the whole story yet), It has a winch and full skid plates. The first quote price was 3k cheaper than the base model i was looking at. But the price might go up if they find more problems..So it could turn out to be close to the same price as a 2017 base model. Here is my question. Do i buy base model or take my chance on the white one ? The base model is my max price range. I was hoping (if i decide to), to get the white one for 1k less than the base model and buy the extended warranty for 3yrs. That would put me where i need to be financially. But dont wanna get problem machine for sure. What u think?

Get the new one, avoid the other one like the plague!

I used to ride in Sand Rock a decade ago. Are there still trail systems around there?

Reactions: Jaredgriffin29
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was more than likely caused by a stopped up oil pump screen

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would have to see the machine, I know what abuse looks like, HA!

Reactions: Mudwing and chadbo
Jaredgriffin29

Jaredgriffin29

Dec 27, 2017
Sandrock, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im really not sure. I know that Little Rock City still has trails. I plan on talking to some guys that trail ride and get some info..

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check all the hose clamps on the air intake from the box to the motor..
What he said^^^....and then check everything else. Cant trust most of these yahoo dealerships.

Reactions: JTW
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went and picked up my 2017 Pioneer today. Anything I need to do, or check Before I hammer down tomorrow ? Lol

Congrats on the new purchase, I would have avoided the white one like it's my ex wife, at all costs lol!!!!!!!!!! Read the owners manual, check all fluids. Don't hesitate to search the forum or just ask in a new thread on here. This has probably been the best forum I have been on.

J

JTW

Congrats on the new purchase, I would have avoided the white one like it's my ex wife, at all costs lol!!!!!!!!!! Read the owners manual, check all fluids. Don't hesitate to search the forum or just ask in a new thread on here. This has probably been the best forum I have been on.
Try searching first.. It’s likely already been addressed!!

Reactions: Jaredgriffin29

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!