New owner Honda Talon 1000X-4 FLV

Quintin4187

Quintin4187

Apr 9, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
New to the forum just purchased a 2021 Honda Talon 1000x-4 FLV, stumbled across this forum and seems to be a great place with lots of information and modifications. Currently have put 200 miles on unit, out of curiosity, what did it cost you guys for your first service? Dealership is quoting me $450 or $200 depending if they check the valves or not.

Happy to be apart of the community. Added some pictures of the new Honda, really like the red/black FLV.
Talon at creek
Talon at Dealership
Talon
Talon2
Talon 3
Talon on Trailer

Off-Road Outlaw

Off-Road Outlaw

Apr 18, 2021
Randolph, NY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X4
New to the forum just purchased a 2021 Honda Talon 1000x-4 FLV, stumbled across this forum and seems to be a great place with lots of information and modifications. Currently have put 200 miles on unit, out of curiosity, what did it cost you guys for your first service? Dealership is quoting me $450 or $200 depending if they check the valves or not.

Happy to be apart of the community. Added some pictures of the new Honda, really like the red/black FLV.
That is one nice looking ride. Welcome! Tons of helpful members and piles of information and lessons learned here. I think I had about $120 into the first service, doing it myself with genuine Honda parts and oils. I didn’t check the valves. It hasn’t seen much abuse yet. I have the 2020 Fox orange version.

Off-Road Outlaw

Off-Road Outlaw

Apr 18, 2021
Randolph, NY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X4
I forgot to mention 2 things:

1. Prepare to spend too much time looking through the forums here.

2. Prepare to have a bunch of people “encouraging” you to spend $$$ on accessories, even if mostly from looking through their builds and wanting some of the same things. 😆

I just spent around $200 for 2 accessories and have an outrageous list of stuff I’m looking at and figuring out how I want to configure some things before I order. 😆😆

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the once great state of Michigan as well!

Nice Ride! If you know how to change your own oil, id do the service yourself and save yourself some of that money for accessories.

Quintin4187

Quintin4187

Apr 9, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I forgot to mention 2 things:

1. Prepare to spend too much time looking through the forums here.

2. Prepare to have a bunch of people “encouraging” you to spend $$$ on accessories, even if mostly from looking through their builds and wanting some of the same things. 😆

I just spent around $200 for 2 accessories and have an outrageous list of stuff I’m looking at and figuring out how I want to configure some things before I order. 😆😆
Yeah, I can already tell it’s gonna be a rabbit hole diving in all these mods lol.

So far I’m just in $500 with the SuperAtv flip windshield and it’s doing great. Was looking at getting a sound system, possibly the NOAM Nutv5. If the wife approves of course. 😬

As for the first service, I called my local Honda dealer and their about 2 weeks out on services. Looks like I’ll be doing my own, I’ll just purchase OEM fluids/filters from the dealership.

So far no issues with the machine other than some door rattles and a little squeak in my left front CV axle. Gonna let the dealership have a go at it and use every bit of that warranty lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudder
Quintin4187

Quintin4187

Apr 9, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Welcome from AK.

You shouldn’t need the valves checked on the first service.

Maybe at 1000 miles.
Thanks, I actually purchased it at Russelville Honda their in AK, great store. Was about a 7 hour round trip drive, but nobody else could get them sooner than 2 weeks.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Thanks, I actually purchased it at Russelville Honda their in AK, great store. Was about a 7 hour round trip drive, but nobody else could get them sooner than 2 weeks.

Your talking about AR (Arkansas)

I’m talking about AK (Alaska). 😂

Nice machine.

Here’s mine.
2B92D233 99DE 49A1 9CFD 3CEE99ECE265

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Yeah, I can already tell it’s gonna be a rabbit hole diving in all these mods lol.

So far I’m just in $500 with the SuperAtv flip windshield and it’s doing great. Was looking at getting a sound system, possibly the NOAM Nutv5. If the wife approves of course. 😬

As for the first service, I called my local Honda dealer and their about 2 weeks out on services. Looks like I’ll be doing my own, I’ll just purchase OEM fluids/foltersfrom the dealership.

So far no issues with the machine other than some door rattles and a little squeak in my left front CV axle. Gonna let the dealership have a go at it and use every bit of that warranty lol.

Best reduction for door rattling.

Round Rubber Feet for Cutting Board 100 Pieces Non Slip Bumper with Matching Screws (0.315" H x 0.59" W) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DCWSGXY/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Attach to door so it hits the adjustable rubber bumper in the jamb.

Adjust back the bumper and make the door tight when latched.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!