P1000m5 New Owner - What recalls/campaigns need done?

B

Battman

Dec 20, 2018
Mill Hall, PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got a used 2016 1000-5 EPS this week. Scheduled it for a full service at a local Honda dealer next week. What recalls or campaigns should I have them complete while they have the machine in for the service and plow setup?

I don't have records of what service has been done on the unit. The guy was already the second owner. Still covered on an extended warranty for another year+, so I wasn't overly worried about getting service records.

Thanks for the assistance. I am loving this already!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Just got a used 2016 1000-5 EPS this week. Scheduled it for a full service at a local Honda dealer next week.
Congratulations on the unit and feel free to post a picture or two....

What does the dealership bundle into a full service? Reason for asking, I would make sure they inspect or change if suggested within the owners manual the following, e.g., front and rear differential as well as spark plugs, because I "assume" the oil and air filter will be changed.

Hopefully, the dealership spread some holiday cheer on the price as well, because getting a UTV serviced can be a sticker shock.....

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like said above. Request that all recalls and campaigns be done while there.
Recalls will be done regardless, once they have an open repair order on your machine. The VIN will be run and recalls done whether you like it or not.

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I only have one dealer in my immediate area. Other dealers are 2 hrs away. My local dealer is refusing to do the clutch update because he says that it doesn't fix anything and they have noticed it makes shifting worse.

Even though 2018+ come with this update from factory?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I only have one dealer in my immediate area. Other dealers are 2 hrs away. My local dealer is refusing to do the clutch update because he says that it doesn't fix anything and they have noticed it makes shifting worse.

Even though 2018+ come with this update from factory?
If they are finding there results to be worse. Then I'd bet it's because they didnt do it correctly.

Most everyone here will tell you what a improvement it's made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigOL3
2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If they are finding there results to be worse. Then I'd bet it's because they didnt do it correctly.

Most everyone here will tell you what a improvement it's made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have the cabin comfort update scheduled with this dealer. Guess I will look elsewhere for a dealer that will do clutch cover update. Hell, I could probably do it myself if I could get the parts.

Hopefully local dealer can do cabin comfort update successfully.

Currently no problems with the clutch and it only has 450 miles on it.

Cabin Comfort Product Improvement Campaign ends September 30, 2019

Clutch Product Improvement Campaign ends September 30, 2020

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!