New Pioneer Owner in NorCal

Finkleshtine

Finkleshtine

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2014
Windsor, CA
Hello All,
New to the forum, just wanted to say hi!
I picked up my Pioneer 700-4 about a month ago from Parriott Motors in St. Helena CA (Very nice family). They searched high and low and were able to trade a 700-2 with a dealer that needed one. All other dealers in my area just told me they would call me if they got one in by the end of the year.
l got the Pioneer as a toy and never thought I would get a SxS after getting a Jeep. But I' have to say, they Pioneer is way more fun then the Jeep! And I only paid $500 for the Jeep, so I beat the snot out of that thing!
I'm always looking for people to ride with in NorCal, so if your in need of a trail buddy just hit me up. I mainly ride in the Mendocino forest.
The picture I will attempt to attach is from her maiden voyage.

Attachments

• Day1.jpg
    Day1.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 248
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome to the community. That's great your dealer worked to locate and get in a P4 for you. Many dealers just sell what they have like Oh well, tough luck. Lol
Looking for someone to ride. Post up a week or so before you go in the Regional forum. I'm sure there are some Pioneer owners closer then you think.
Always wanted a beater jeep. But I'm sure I would still take my Pioneer.

Look forward to seeing more of you around. If you ever need any help let me know.
Thanks.

Finkleshtine

Finkleshtine

Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2014
Windsor, CA
Thanks for the welcome Hondasxs. And a BIG THANK YOU for your work setting up and running this forum!
The beater jeep is nice to have around, it's easier to let friends drive and beat on it, than the Pioneer!
I'll post some pictures soon of all the stuff I have done to the P4 so far.

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the welcome Hondasxs. And a BIG THANK YOU for your work setting up and running this forum!
The beater jeep is nice to have around, it's easier to let friends drive and beat on it, than the Pioneer!
I'll post some pictures soon of all the stuff I have done to the P4 so far.

Hey Finkleshtine....just seen this message. I'm from S. San Francisco. Joined at the beginning of this year (2015) when I got my 500. Where do you ride in Mendocino? Would love to try that.

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Finkleshtine....just seen this message. I'm from S. San Francisco. Joined at the beginning of this year (2015) when I got my 500. Where do you ride in Mendocino? Would love to try that.

And I'm in to hook up and ride.

Reactions: Digger
D

Dasmoeturhead

If you want an awesome ride in Mendocino, go to Fort Bragg, Ca, on Hwy 1, and go all the way to the end of Redwood street. That street ends on State land, and there's plenty of places to park. The trail from there will take you all the way to just North of Willits, Ca. On Hwy 101, About 22 miles. In the winter, there's lots of mud.

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
If you want an awesome ride in Mendocino, go to Fort Bragg, Ca, on Hwy 1, and go all the way to the end of Redwood street. That street ends on State land, and there's plenty of places to park. The trail from there will take you all the way to just North of Willits, Ca. On Hwy 101, About 22 miles. In the winter, there's lots of mud.

Awsome. Thanks for the info!. I'll put it on the list of places to ride.

D

Dasmoeturhead

Awsome. Thanks for the info!. I'll put it on the list of places to ride.
Yeah no problem. I discovered it when I was out wood cutting in my 4x pickup. I decided to keep going, and 2 hours latter I was in Willits. Un-real. It's knarly in the winter. I wish I could do it in my P1K, but I'm in Tennessee now.

Frisco

Frisco

Jan 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah no problem. I discovered it when I was out wood cutting in my 4x pickup. I decided to keep going, and 2 hours latter I was in Willits. Un-real. It's knarly in the winter. I wish I could do it in my P1K, but I'm in Tennessee now.

Perfect! I can camp on the coast and drive in. Somewhat know the area. Camped in willits 2 years ago and drove on 20 to Fort Bragg. The normal drive is cool enough. Cant wait to drive offroad. Trees/canopy so tall and thick it's dark during the day in some areas.

advertisement
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the info on that @Dasmoeturhead. My wife and I go to Mendocino every for our anniversary. Looks like the P2 can come too now!

D

Dasmoeturhead

Thanks for the info on that @Dasmoeturhead. My wife and I go to Mendocino every for our anniversary. Looks like the P2 can come too now!
It's been awhile since I've lived there, but I think you go all the way up Redwood Ave, then turn right at the end of the road then turn unto Cedar, and take that all the way to the end. That should be the entrance. I think the official name of the trail is Brook trails rd. It's also a horse trail, and about 1/2 up there's a stable up there.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's been awhile since I've lived there, but I think you go all the way up Redwood Ave, then turn right at the end of the road then turn unto Cedar, and take that all the way to the end. That should be the entrance. I think the official name of the trail is Brook trails rd. It's also a horse trail, and about 1/2 up there's a stable up there.
Nice, thanks. Just have to watch out for "farmers" in tye-dye and dreadlocks around there I've been told.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!