P1000 New Recalls Installed

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just had all the Recalls installed on my 2016 P1000-5 including the clutch upgrade. Man what a difference!
No more jerky starts and no more clanking shifting. This has made it a brand new machine. Very happy camper. The heat fix not so much. Guess I'll have to add the bilge blower.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just had all the Recalls installed on my 2016 P1000-5 including the clutch upgrade. Man what a difference!
No more jerky starts and no more clanking shifting. This has made it a brand new machine. Very happy camper. The heat fix not so much. Guess I'll have to add the bilge blower.
Where you been Jbird?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Been fighting off bronchitis and heart rhythm issues. Hope to get this resolved soon and back to riding.
Oh goodness!!! Good luck with that, I’d like to see you on the trail again!!!!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
But ya.
I the clutch update is worth it. If before 2018. GET IT DONE!

heat fix is not worth the trouble.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The fan and switch are more affordable than the gas to and from your home.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
But ya.
I the clutch update is worth it. If before 2018. GET IT DONE!

Agreed. Not sure why some want to hold out. It makes a much nicer machine anyways.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Do you mean the Honda kit isn't worth the trouble, or fixing the hot seat isn't worth the trouble?

I agree Honda's "fix" for the '18's sucks. If that stupid rubber mat helped at all, I can't imagine what the seat was like on a pre '18.

I definitely think fixing the seat heat properly is well worth the effort. My wife has a hot enough azz as it is.. she doesn't need to get it cooked too hahaha!
I'm hoping the fan I installed works well. If not, I'll add some Dynamat or something under the seat, cause that bugger gets toasty!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you mean the Honda kit isn't worth the trouble, or fixing the hot seat isn't worth the trouble?

I agree Honda's "fix" for the '18's sucks. If that stupid rubber mat helped at all, I can't imagine what the seat was like on a pre '18.

I definitely think fixing the seat heat properly is well worth the effort. My wife has a hot enough azz as it is.. she doesn't need to get it cooked too hahaha!
I'm hoping the fan I installed works well. If not, I'll add some Dynamat or something under the seat, cause that bugger gets toasty!
The fan with a switch really works and you still have heat for the winter, we love it! Think I'm going to take the heat shield out of ours?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The fan with a switch really works and you still have heat for the winter, we love it! Think I'm going to take the heat shield out of ours?

I'm really hoping so Smitty.. I haven't found the right vents to place in the kick panel yet, so for now, it's just to blow the hot air out of the back.
I want to find a couple vents that fit in the grooves of the kick panel.. trying to make everything I do look like it's supposed to be there...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm really hoping so Smitty.. I haven't found the right vents to place in the kick panel yet, so for now, it's just to blow the hot air out of the back.
I want to find a couple vents that fit in the grooves of the kick panel.. trying to make everything I do look like it's supposed to be there...
Even with no vents it works great, probably less noise also? If I was going to heat the cab, think I would look into one of those heaters you tie into the engine cooling system?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Even with no vents it works great, probably less noise also? If I was going to heat the cab, think I would look into one of those heaters you tie into the engine cooling system?
Meh... too dam much cabbage for a couple months a year. She doesn’t ride with me in the winter anyway, & I can dress warm.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!