New springs won’t settle

D

DDCole

Apr 27, 2021
Medford Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. I just replaced my stock springs on my 2020 1000X-4 Live Valve with MTS Dual Rate Springs and can’t get the shocks/springs to settle and they are super stiff. It’s almost like the ECU isn’t communicating correctly but there is no warning lights on. I did the two fronts at the same time and the rears. I called my local Honda shop to see if the could run a diagnostic on it to see if the shocks and ECU are communicating but they told me it’s a 6 week wait just to get them to hook it up.
Thanks in advance.

H

HondaTech

Have you tried the demo mode to see if the stiffness is different between the modes?

Have you driven it? Some codes for the LV system dont trigger unless the unit is driven above 19mph.

D

DDCole

Apr 27, 2021
Medford Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X4
No I haven’t but I will. What kind of code could it be if it was fine before the spring swap?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!