New to SxS - and new to P-500!

Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
New "old guy" here, transplanted Texan living in mid-Georgia. I've been in the Golf Cart world for about 5 years. Tore up two of them just hauling logs, etc. on our 13 acre place, and decided to go the SxS route.

After months of reading specs, looking at SxS's, considering the bridges and trails that I have, I landed on the Honda Pioneer 500 buyer list. Picked up my new P-500 two weeks ago. Hardly had much time to drive it due to building out a tool rack for the back, but I'm near the end of that task. Only thing left is the final 'box' to go on it.

I, like others, simply rebel in paying $400-$500 for a plastic box from the OEM. They're good, but not THAT good.

Granted, I spent more time on here reading about what others had done on building out their rear rack and have been remissive in my into; sorry guys... But there are so many on here with a great deal of experience in what I'm trying to do, that it would be simply wrong to skip one single thread.

On the down side of this site, it makes me want to get out and get dirty :) The heck with the work chores of clearing land - my P-500 is meant for play! And play I will, as soon as it warms up a little. Besides, I now need to take it in for my first 100 mile maintenance. That first 100 miles clicked off in the first week, or rather the first few days.

I'm already in love with my P-500; ideal size, ideal power, top of the line technology compared to all of the other SxS's that I checked out. And as a bonus, this site has already proven valuable.

Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge and experience that has already proven valuable.

Jim

IMG 4992 IMG 4989

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cool ride, and welcome to the club. I like that full front bumper.

This thing will outlast a dozen of those golf carts and its a lot more capable. I'm sure you've figured that out by now though.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Welcome to a wonderful place..Actually I used mine last summer to golf lol...I highly doubt they'd let me now..

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Gem99Ultra Welcome to the club and congrats on your P500. Nice box and platform you se up there. Should suit your utility purposes just fine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!