P500 New to the club..

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Just picked up a new P500 getting ready to take it on it first trip this weekend. So far just putting around the area it seems like an awesome little machine.

I have been working on it since the day I bought it.. Probably always be a work in progress.

Full

J

Jshell3

Oh man, you got it fixed up, right off the bat! Winch, roof, wheels, windshield already!

That a 16? What color is that? Bedliner black?

You're gonna spend many many hours reading the posts on this forum.

These guys rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just picked up a new P500 getting ready to take it on it first trip this weekend. So far just putting around the area it seems like an awesome little machine.

I have been working on it since the day I bought it.. Probably always be a work in progress.

View attachment 21489

Welcome aboard Longbrake! Yes, it's always a work in progress.
It does look dark in that pic. Black P5? Hmmm...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

View attachment 21489
Welcome in Longbrake! I zoomed until it got blurry, it's black, but not gloss, what finish is that. Looks like something the Army Rangers would use for their forward observers. Very nice!!!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Looks great,welcome to our addiction! Always good to see another inmate enter the nuthouse.

Reactions: trigger
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks everyone... Went back and forth a good bit but I picked up a extra set of plastics cheap and local line-x guy said if they were prepped right they would hold up and last so I am going to give it a try. I have heard both ways with line-x on plastic most say it just will peel off but there are several out there that have done it successfully and still looks good after several years.. All the ones that said they took the time to prep it right seem to be happy with it so I guess we will just see how it goes.. Also added power steering under the hood not so much for the trails or myself but the kiddos.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks everyone... Went back and forth a good bit but I picked up a extra set of plastics cheap and local line-x guy said if they were prepped right they would hold up and last so I am going to give it a try. I have heard both ways with line-x on plastic most say it just will peel off but there are several out there that have done it successfully and still looks good after several years.. All the ones that said they took the time to prep it right seem to be happy with it so I guess we will just see how it goes.. Also added power steering under the hood not so much for the trails or myself but the kiddos.
Nice looking ride. I have line-X on mine and I will guarantee you it will not peel off, won't scratch and easy to clean up. I had mine sprayed on both sides, it cost a bid more but worth it.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Love the black... been meaning to do that to mine. Never mentioned it because I didn't want anyone to steal my idea and do it first... Looks like you beat me to it!!! Sweet ride.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

JTW

I like it.. Very similar to how mine will be setup! I'm anxious to see how you like the line-X. I have considered it but was concerned it might make cleanup more difficult.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Dang I'm envious. Thats they way to do it. Buy it and mod it ASAP
Nice looking ride . Love the black

Reactions: JTW
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I like it.. Very similar to how mine will be setup! I'm anxious to see how you like the line-X. I have considered it but was concerned it might make cleanup more difficult.

We just got back from our first weekend trip with it and I had the same concern if it would clean up easily. When we got back it didn't look black any longer it had about a 1/2 inch layer of mud on about the whole thing. I just power washed it and it came right off and looks just like it did when I got it done..

J

JTW

We just got back from our first weekend trip with it and I had the same concern if it would clean up easily. When we got back it didn't look black any longer it had about a 1/2 inch layer of mud on about the whole thing. I just power washed it and it came right off and looks just like it did when I got it done..
Sweet!! I'm getting a green 17 and considering how the new green looks .. I may be following suit!

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Pic out at a park in Hocking Hill, OH. Also went out to Wayne National Forest this weekend. We had a blast with it for the first trip. This was before we found Mud Alley and buried it a few times..

Full

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Anyway to add a third harness in the middle? I'd love to do that for my boy. Both my kids are small and the 3 of us fit inside the cab.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Anyway to add a third harness in the middle? I'd love to do that for my boy. Both my kids are small and the 3 of us fit inside the cab.

If you bought longer bolts and maybe some spacers you may be able to add one in the center. Not sure it would be very comfortable with the hard plastic in the middle seat. About anything can be down with a little modification.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!