junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Glad your here, and found the Club... Welcome from Central Arkansas
Welcome from Nh. The 700's real good buggies. Any plans on enclosing it for the winter, or a plow perhaps? My dogs hate riding in the winter because we have it all enclosed and they can't bail out on us. I had my 3 year old springer dive out the passengers side on day while driving down a rutted out logging road. Luckily I was wasn't going fast and she didn't get hurt (she's a beast anyway). Now she will only jump out when we come to a stop (and you better hope theres no water around). Oh and pictures are always good.

You know, I haven't given much thought about enclosing it and will probably live with it for awhile to see if there's a need. Unfortunately, Illinois doesn't allow ATV/UTV usage on public roads. If they did, I'd get a heater and enclose the cab in a heartbeat. It will probably be used more like a snowmobile in the winter. My driveway is about 30'X50', so a plow would be overkill. I have a Honda single stage blower that works great. We don't get much snow in Central Illinois, more ice.

Yes, a dog, at least a smart dog, usually only jumps out of a moving vehicle once and I'm hoping Augie learned his lesson, but he's not neutered so confinement may be prudent. At any rate having both of them in the bed instead of one in the bed and the other up front with my wife and I jockeying for position on the front seat will be worth the price of admission!

This is the first time in my life I've ever bought a vehicle sight unseen, although I saw and drove an identical unit. I also drove the 700-4 base and can tell you that power steering is definitely worth having, especially in 4wd and more even more helpful when the diff. is locked. My wife will appreciate it, although she's in the "meh" stage right now. Maybe that $15K I just dropped on the Pioneer has something to do with her apathy!

I can't wait to see it/use it and will send photos in just over 1 week. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Reactions: Mudwing
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
You know, I haven't given much thought about enclosing it and will probably live with it for awhile to see if there's a need. Unfortunately, Illinois doesn't allow ATV/UTV usage on public roads. If they did, I'd get a heater and enclose the cab in a heartbeat. It will probably be used more like a snowmobile in the winter. My driveway is about 30'X50', so a plow would be overkill. I have a Honda single stage blower that works great. We don't get much snow in Central Illinois, more ice.

Yes, a dog, at least a smart dog, usually only jumps out of a moving vehicle once and I'm hoping Augie learned his lesson, but he's not neutered so confinement may be prudent. At any rate having both of them in the bed instead of one in the bed and the other up front with my wife and I jockeying for position on the front seat will be worth the price of admission!

This is the first time in my life I've ever bought a vehicle sight unseen, although I saw and drove an identical unit. I also drove the 700-4 base and can tell you that power steering is definitely worth having, especially in 4wd and more even more helpful when the diff. is locked. My wife will appreciate it, although she's in the "meh" stage right now. Maybe that $15K I just dropped on the Pioneer has something to do with her apathy!

I can't wait to see it/use it and will send photos in just over 1 week. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas!

I have a 350' drive way ,plus I plow a few neighbors, so I have mine all enclosed with heat, makes riding in the winter real nice. When you said you ice fished I assumed you would at least enclose it to keep the breeze off .

Thats funny, about your wife and dog fighting for shotgun, we have the same issue. my wife uses the pioneer in the yard a lot, and of course she cruises around with the two dogs in front with her, which is fine til we all go for a ride and I drive. One of my girls will stay in the back come hell or high water, while the other one fights continually to get in front. She's 55# and will lean on my wife to "move" her over.

Mines a '15 model, we drove it for a year I think before I put pwr steering in, my wife wasn't real pleased with the cost, but she really likes having it. The only issuse I have with it is it allows her to turn sharper on my lawns and with a locked rear diff and rip saw tires it will till a lawn real fast.

Reactions: junior1954
junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 350' drive way ,plus I plow a few neighbors, so I have mine all enclosed with heat, makes riding in the winter real nice. When you said you ice fished I assumed you would at least enclose it to keep the breeze off .

Thats funny, about your wife and dog fighting for shotgun, we have the same issue. my wife uses the pioneer in the yard a lot, and of course she cruises around with the two dogs in front with her, which is fine til we all go for a ride and I drive. One of my girls will stay in the back come hell or high water, while the other one fights continually to get in front. She's 55# and will lean on my wife to "move" her over.

Mines a '15 model, we drove it for a year I think before I put pwr steering in, my wife wasn't real pleased with the cost, but she really likes having it. The only issuse I have with it is it allows her to turn sharper on my lawns and with a locked rear diff and rip saw tires it will till a lawn real fast.

Yes, our 11yr old lab mix Norton likes the front seat. I think he enjoys the cart but it scares and excites him like a kid on a roller coaster. Hell, most labs would crawl inside you if they could, especially when they're scared. As far as the ice fishing, we would use the Pioneer to tow the ice hut out on the lake and then goof around driving the Pioneer on the lake, ice permitting. A cab enclosure would be nice. Funny how "old" and "cold" don't mix.

junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well my salesman informed me that the windshield is backordered until Dec. 15th. He offered to put an aftermarket windshield on and reduce the price or deliver it without the windshield and I'd pick it up when it came in and install it myself (a 70 mile round trip), also at a reduced price. He originally forgot to include the windshield in the list of options on the original invoice, which I paid. When I later saw the windshield wasn't included on the invoice he apologized and said he'd forgotten and would still include it at the price quoted. Call me cautious but I don't want an aftermarket windshield and I don't want to take delivery until all promises have been kept. It's also getting colder than a well digger's patute around here and I don't have a heated garage. He's attempting to locate a windshield at another dealer but I'm not holding my breath. I told him I'd wait. Damn.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
if your going to use the honda hard roof with a windshield I would get the honda one IMO, just so the two jive together. I agree on the old and cold not mixing, thats why I got rid of the atv, for the enclosed comfort of a heated cab.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum there is a lot of good information and people on here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!