Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seen some video on fb of a new trail at Royal blue. He called it new river unit trail. Anyone on here heard of it? Wonder if it's on their trail maps yet? I'm wanting to try it out so if anyone knows how to get there, do tell.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
last time we were up there i noticed they had some new trails on their maps that you got from the general store. i didnt even notice till i was comparing my map to someone elses.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
My understanding the New River unit is an entire area somewhere between royal blue and brimstone me and @JACKAL have rode it before. Trails were marks but we had no map they were on our GPS though!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My understanding the New River unit is an entire area somewhere between royal blue and brimstone me and @JACKAL have rode it before. Trails were marks but we had no map they were on our GPS though!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I have the all new updated tracks for New River Unit, winds in and out of Brimstone seamlessly.
I would be free the 17th to run you guys around the trail system.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the all new updated tracks for New River Unit, winds in and out of Brimstone seamlessly.
I would be free the 17th to run you guys around the trail system.
That works for me, thanks! Right now I'm planning on riding there the 17th. Hoping to get there around 9am local time. I'll confirm later on in week. My life plans change with the drop of a hat lol.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Seen some video on fb of a new trail at Royal blue. He called it new river unit trail. Anyone on here heard of it? Wonder if it's on their trail maps yet? I'm wanting to try it out so if anyone knows how to get there, do tell.
Here is some Google Earth screenshots that give you an idea where everything lies.

Below is what you will generally see plus much more using this tablet option:
Multi - Lifetime Maps Tablet option
I highly recommend anyone riding here often to buy the preloaded tablet or send your in and have them load their maps on your setup.

Frist the overview shot. BEST VIEWED ON PC NOT Phone

Starting on center left (West) is Brimstone in brown
Immediately connected to it on the right and down (South) in lime green is New River
Immediately to the right in the center large blue area is Royal Blue actual.
South and East of Royal Blue is Windrock Park also in lime green for reference it is 70,000 acres.
Off to the North East from the Royal Blue in the brownish green is Sundquist Unit where we have the Takeover rides.
Further East without shading is Tackett Creek going all the way to Middlesboro KY with additional outlaw trails continuing in Virginia another 15 miles East.
TN Trail Overview

Closer view of Brimstone, New River, and part of Royal Blue
TN Trails NorthWest BR NR RB

Closer view of Royal Blue & Windrock Park
TN Trails South Cwntral RB WR

Closer view of north tip of Royal Blue, Sundquist, Tackett Creek
TN Trails NorthEast RB SQ TC

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will I need any more license besides what I bring to RRB? I just get resident hunting license. Cheaper that way.

Reactions: pct
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also where would one park to ride this trail?

Reactions: pct
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here is a close up of New River with trail detail. Best seen full screen on PC

TN Trails New River

Reactions: drfubar and pct
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Delton

Probably the best place to meet up is I75 Exit 141 at the Mexican restaurant El Rays. On their South side is, a large parking lot and they do not mind pickup and trailer as it 80% of their weekend business. Regular TWRA permit is all you need, same as takeover for New River, Royal Blue, Sundquist, Tackett Creek, Pickett State Park.
Brimstone is private separate fee (don't worry bout it), Windrock is too.

What time do you want to meet up?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton

Probably the best place to meet up is I75 Exit 141 at the Mexican restaurant El Rays. On their South side is, a large parking lot and they do not mind pickup and trailer as it 80% of their weekend business. Regular TWRA permit is all you need, same as takeover for New River, Royal Blue, Sundquist, Tackett Creek, Pickett State Park.
Brimstone is private separate fee (don't worry bout it), Windrock is too.

What time do you want to meet up?
Will 9 your time work?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Works for me.
Perfect. Factor in a 15-20 minute grace period. It's a little bit of a drive for me. If anything comes up I'll immediately post it. Already cleared it with wife so I should be golden.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody got directions? No gps here. Videos looked awesome. Very challenging rock sections, creeks, and lots of mud. Got my name all over it.

Delton you have left tracks on the New River Unit and didn’t even know it! The creek trail we did last trip takes you straight to the New River Unit. The hog kill was on the new river unit.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Delton you have left tracks on the New River Unit and didn’t even know it! The creek trail we did last trip takes you straight to the New River Unit. The hog kill was on the new river unit.
Oh okay. See thats why I don't have gps. Who needs electronics when ya know people right?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!