nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s out... what are your thoughts?

I think it looks pretty good. I like the right size of it like the pioneer but the rear seats are fixed so not much storage room. I REALLY like the cab system they have. Much nicer than what Honda offers. Curious to see how strong that 850 engine is. Overall good machine to market I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It says it has stowaway rear seating. Didn’t see that before. This is direct shot at the pioneer...

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It says it has stowaway rear seating. Didn’t see that before. This is direct shot at the pioneer...

I think it is too the non-flex use 4seat machines are WAY to long to make it around tight woods.
Aimed at same crowd as the Pioneer.

More slide forward, they don't really stow.

I think its more rec than utility, I kinda wish I knew if the Pioneer didn't have a dump bed if you could have more leg room for the rear seats.

Full skids are nice wonder how thick they are?

I'll bet heat is a real issue since everything is enclosed on that thing to give you full footwells?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice looking machine. Definitely a shot at the pioneer. There's always gona be someone trying to do better. It will have its issues and limitations I'm sure like any other. Factory skids can't be very durable, they usually aren't. In my humble opinion, can't stand center speedos. The seats look comfy. Last but not least, not sure about the sliding forward back seats. I can see crap getting stuck in the tracks and few choice words coming out trying to pull them back.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Factory skids are great if same as what the 700 has can at least be driven immediately but can also add plastic for maximum protection,E brake, no water issue, well placed air box and engine checks,screw on oil filter,good suspension,super cozy seats,less noise 47% increase on power,arched a arms,radiator guard, low reverse,massive storage,engine braking,upgraded tires,cup holders where they should be, working tailgate,massive brakes,real cab enclosure,speed limited key for families. I think they listened to the consumer and have a huge hit on their hands. Sales will take a hit from many brands, IMHO.

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sweet looking ride.

Reactions: sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's a winner. Fits right in with pioneer and teryx. I'll bet a 55 top speed. I really liked the cab configuration and seats. Plus it says ultra low gear.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Kinda the best way to put it...a Yamaha Teryx with some updates and added features.

I thought while watching the vids that they had borrowed Popo's profit tubing style on the cabs...but I can't see it looking at the pics.

The interesting thing to me is the repeated emphasis on reduced NVH. An area where Yamaha's SxS's needed some help (at least the ones I've been in). I think it will sell, and sell well.

Was hoping for a slightly bigger dumping box on the 2 seater, but oh well...

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good looking machine. Not a fan of fly by wire already, certainly not for off-road.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like it is lacking in wheel travel
I hang tires all day out on the trail now, I can't imagine less articulating.
Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks like it is lacking in wheel travel

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
8.7" front, 8.9" rear
...so yeah, a little short by new "sport/rec" standards. A touch more than a Teryx. Somebody remind me what the P1k has again?

Attachments

• 2018_yamaha_Wolverine_X4.pdf
    951 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: sharp
D

dealer6

Feb 1, 2017
Hubbard
I'm getting a good laugh at the Yamaha fan boys on Facebook
It looks like a well built machine, but took ques from other brands and try to take credit for it
You would be amazed at how many Yamaha guys think the rear shocks are a first in the sxs world

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!