DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
When I saw the X4, i immediately though of this...

Obviously, they have been kicking this ideal around for some time. All those Rhino lawsuits really set Yamaha back.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda needs to pay attention on the cab enclosure and seats especially

I would say accessory fit and finish could definitely be better, but I don't think Honda makes them though. The same engineers that are on the Honda patents aren't not the Accessory patents.
I guess I was assuming yall were talking about the throttle since thats what the Yammy has. I don't know of anybody that has fly by wire steering.

assist is fine, replacement is not. My truck tries to get me to be more economical which means I have to floor it to get it to accelerate quickly. Annoying....

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say accessory fit and finish could definitely be better, but I don't think Honda makes them though. The same engineers that are on the Honda patents aren't not the Accessory patents.

assist is fine, replacement is not. My truck tries to get me to be more economical which means I have to floor it to get it to accelerate quickly. Annoying....
Whoever did design them is an idjit.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The roof is great if you want an ice cold shower when you hit the brakes in the rain. Lol.
I do like the way it fits and has excellent clamps but our Wolverine has no upper pools and has drip rails front and rear so no possibility of the river into the cab. Tend to notice the little things like that.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Looks like a huge wet clutch and I would expect a super low low range. Many dealers will install large tires. My 2016 Wolverine toped out at 53 and I expect the top speed to be 60 to 65 mph. I run 25 inch tires on mine for better take off. The Teryx 4 is about the same from 2012 and the 2014 through 2018 has the belt drive air intake pulling air from the rear cylinder head instead of from under the dash. I think the Teryx 4 will lose sales to the Yamaha and from Honda too due mostly from the small rear seats.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
How long has Yami, Kawi, Polaris, and CanAm been making sxs's? To see the X4 taking shots at the p1k speaks volumes. We need a time machine so we can fast forward 10 years and see the 2026 pioneer.

Yea and you will be saying "maybe Honda will release that sport SxS this October (October of 2026)".

I'm not bitter, just impatient.
Maybe jaded.
Should probably head over the the "pub" and say how I really feel.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea and you will be saying "maybe Honda will release that sport SxS this October (October of 2026)".

I'm not bitter, just impatient.
Maybe jaded.
Should probably head over the the "pub" and say how I really feel.
You will never hear me say that. I've said many times Honda can release the sportiest sport sxs known to man and it won't affect me. Totally happy with what I've got. I can't imagine being any more satisfied than I am now.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will never hear me say that. I've said many times Honda can release the sportiest sport sxs known to man and it won't affect me. Totally happy with what I've got. I can't imagine being any more satisfied than I am now.
Yep don't go looking for fish when your catching fish.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A hahahaha
Happy ending sport model:D
I'm not sure sticking your thingy in the machine while driving would be safe. One thing I know, no one else would drive my machine with that option

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I saw the X4, i immediately though of this...

Obviously, they have been kicking this ideal around for some time. All those Rhino lawsuits really set Yamaha back.
Watched a few of the "Rhino Rollover videos" on youtube gotta say while its very tippy and the seatbelt sucked. The drivers in the videos all seemed to be doing something STUPID, or the owners let their 12yo drive a 1200lb vehicle. My kid ain't driving more than a go-kart until I feel they won't kill themselves. Looking back there were a LOT of times I shouldn't have walked away from some of the crashes I had (without a helmet) growing up. I know I had concussion or two. Probably a contributing factor to whats wrong with me now.

I'd certainly hope this one has been tested a bit more, for Yamaha's sake they couldn't have been cheap and stupid enough not to in light of the Rhino.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Watched a few of the "Rhino Rollover videos" on youtube gotta say while its very tippy and the seatbelt sucked. The drivers in the videos all seemed to be doing something STUPID, or the owners let their 12yo drive a 1200lb vehicle. My kid ain't driving more than a go-kart until I feel they won't kill themselves. Looking back there were a LOT of times I shouldn't have walked away from some of the crashes I had (without a helmet) growing up. I know I had concussion or two. Probably a contributing factor to whats wrong with me now.

I'd certainly hope this one has been tested a bit more, for Yamaha's sake they couldn't have been cheap and stupid enough not to in light of the Rhino.
Hey my 11yo daughter can drive anything safer then most adults I know. Been driving the bus with trailer at 66 ft and 50k pounds since 8yo, it all depends on how they were raised lol. At age 1 she was on gas powered quad, younger the better to teach responsibility and safety. I think most of the people getting hurt are more city people with a new set keys and no experience.

Last edited:
IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Smaller engine, less cargo space, windshield that doesn't tip out, no room in the middle for my dog, no turf mode, and still a cvt. There are some cool features and it looks like fun to drive but I'm not putting the Pioneer up for sale any time soon.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey my 11yo daughter can drive anything safer then most adults I know. Been driving the bus with trailer at 66 ft and 50k pounds since 8yo, it all depends on how they were raised lol. At age 1 she was on gas powered quad, younger the better to teach responsibility and safety. I think most of the people getting hurt are more city people with a new set keys and no experience.

Thats why I left age out and said when I feel like they won't kill themselves. Responsibility and character play into it as well, if they know that if they do something stupid they are going to reap serious consequences they are a lot less likely to do something stupid. Daughter is a little behind on getting that kind of toy but been busy getting mine finished. Looking for a gokart now. I was driving on interstate at 13 because my grandmother had anxiety about it so she gave me the wheel. I was driving a 1-ton full time 4x4, 3on tree at 9. It also depends on the kid, some I wouldn't trust with an anvil and a rubber hammer(goes for adults to)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thats why I left age out and said when I feel like they won't kill themselves. Responsibility and character play into it as well, if they know that if they do something stupid they are going to reap serious consequences they are a lot less likely to do something stupid. Daughter is a little behind on getting that kind of toy but been busy getting mine finished. Looking for a gokart now. I was driving on interstate at 13 because my grandmother had anxiety about it so she gave me the wheel. I was driving a 1-ton full time 4x4, 3on tree at 9. It also depends on the kid, some I wouldn't trust with an anvil and a rubber hammer(goes for adults to)
That last phrase is sooo true!! Times were definitely different when we were growing up safety was never a consern. I remember standing up on the seat of my dads truck while going down the interstate lol.
Kids are all different for sure and the best one can do is try to give them the experience and confidence you can. I've seen people toss the keys to a newbie kid as a babysitter and that usually goes poorly. So I agree and think they need to be taught. We've always tried to have the right vehicle for each kid to learn on and sometimes our own would go without.
Couple years ago we saw a 13 girl take out a new turbo rzr without instruction while parents got drunk she was spinning broadies a mile from camp it flipped and took off most of her leg and arm. That's not being a parent.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!