Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm getting a good laugh at the Yamaha fan boys on Facebook
It looks like a well built machine, but took ques from other brands and try to take credit for it
You would be amazed at how many Yamaha guys think the rear shocks are a first in the sxs world
Used to be a big Yamaha Slappy. Don't get me wrong I still like their stuff. But what you stated above, doesn't surprise me one bit. The arrogance from my Yamaha brotheren was always epic. LOL

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm getting a good laugh at the Yamaha fan boys on Facebook
It looks like a well built machine, but took ques from other brands and try to take credit for it
You would be amazed at how many Yamaha guys think the rear shocks are a first in the sxs world
Lol. I love the new x4 but it's obvious yami went directly after the Pioneer with many of Honda's ideas scribbled out on the drawing board.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How long has Yami, Kawi, Polaris, and CanAm been making sxs's? To see the X4 taking shots at the p1k speaks volumes. We need a time machine so we can fast forward 10 years and see the 2026 pioneer. I bet it'll be one impressive mf'er.
For multi-person capability, the p1k was the only one I considered. Our tight trails ruled out any limo length sxs. If I was in the market again, I'd definitely check out the X4.

D

dealer6

Feb 1, 2017
Hubbard
Lol. I love the new x4 but it's obvious yami went directly after the Pioneer with many of Honda's ideas scribbled out on the drawing board.

I'm not knocking it
I like it too
I agree they were aiming at the Pioneer
I'd like to drive one, Yamaha has the belt drive down,the best on the market,imo

It still doesn't cover my needs, I use the dump bed a lot

J

JTW

Just curious, what's not to like about fly by wire?
Many would argue it's not great for off road use as you can't feel the trail and the potential for failure vs a mechanical linkage.

Would you want a mechanical or electric e-brake parked in neutral on the side of a mountain?

Reactions: joeymt33
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Factory skids are great if same as what the 700 has can at least be driven immediately but can also add plastic for maximum protection,E brake, no water issue, well placed air box and engine checks,screw on oil filter,good suspension,super cozy seats,less noise 47% increase on power,arched a arms,radiator guard, low reverse,massive storage,engine braking,upgraded tires,cup holders where they should be, working tailgate,massive brakes,real cab enclosure,speed limited key for families. I think they listened to the consumer and have a huge hit on their hands. Sales will take a hit from many brands, IMHO.
I agree. I think it's a great machine. I'd love to see it in person

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20years ago I co-oped at Yamaha In GA, all the machines we rode around the plant were Hondas even after they beat the crap out of them they were in better shape than the Yamahas. Yamaha was a good machine then, but they weren't as good as the Hondas.

That was 2 DECADES ago a lot can change in that amount of time.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Many would argue it's not great for off road use as you can't feel the trail and the potential for failure vs a mechanical linkage.

Would you want a mechanical or electric e-brake parked in neutral on the side of a mountain?
Compared to all the electronics on that damn trans on the P1K it's a simple light bulb lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
20years ago I co-oped at Yamaha In GA, all the machines we rode around the plant were Hondas even after they beat the crap out of them they were in better shape than the Yamahas. Yamaha was a good machine then, but they weren't as good as the Hondas.

That was 2 DECADES ago a lot can change in that amount of time.
We'll look at quads and dirt bikes, Honda has always been the best dependably speaking. Sxs I do believe after having both Honda is behind Yamaha in quality but they will get there. They have way less time in the game so mistakes will be made at first and we've all seen a couple both in assembly and testing. Honda wants a big piece of the pie and they'll take it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
True... but I'd hate to be going down a mountain and my electronic steering decide to take a s***. At least you've got even gears in the tranny.
You can still steer if it does just tougher. Think about the le with electronics involved in both brakes and 4wd on top of everything. Polaris with sensitive shocks. IMO some of that stuff needs to find its way back out of off road vehicles because a simple stick taking something out, hopefully both versions will be offered to us old schoolers

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
True... but I'd hate to be going down a mountain and my electronic steering decide to take a s***. At least you've got even gears in the tranny.
We don't have electric steering. We have electric ASSIST steering. So even if you lose your electric assist, it will still steer as you roll down the mountain. The steering is still a mechanical connection.

J

JTW

You can still steer if it does just tougher. Think about the le with electronics involved in both brakes and 4wd on top of everything. Polaris with sensitive shocks. IMO some of that stuff needs to find its way back out of off road vehicles because a simple stick taking something out, hopefully both versions will be offered to us old schoolers
We don't have electric steering. We have electric ASSIST steering. So even if you lose your electric assist, it will still steer as you roll down the mountain. The steering is still a mechanical connection.
Ohhhhhh, well that's not so bad. Here I am thinking they did away with the steering linkage. That makes more sense and is acceptable... carry on.

tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015

I guess I was assuming yall were talking about the throttle since thats what the Yammy has. I don't know of anybody that has fly by wire steering.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I guess I was assuming yall were talking about the throttle since thats what the Yammy has. I don't know of anybody that has fly by wire steering.
That's what we were talking about. Possible failure due to electronic part

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!