Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It sucked I didn't even get to say goodbye to everyone! I was pissed we took off and the roads were so crappy I couldn't be on the phone then we were out of service. We tried riding to service so I could wish everyone merry Xmas yesterday but couldn't pick anything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
8313ae4cd99f1a475cff07b87c8980f7
Btw this was the first pic out of the house.
And I did wash it after this because I think Chadbo would've gotten ugly had I not. By the time we hit the woods it was frozen all up it took 20 min to thaw out lol. It was worth it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just went through this thread CP. Outstanding job, such attention to detail, a nice talent you have!!
Thank you sir I appreciate it. I tried to put all I can to help someone build something similar. I try to do everything methodical but don't mind making a few mistakes and figuring them out so hopefully others don't.

Last edited:
whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Well..... Damn.....that is all. Damn.

Sir that is a amazing job you did. That has just become a awesome machine. Hope you and your family realize how talented you are. Anyone can spend money and buy something. But to make something out of nothing. Damn.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thank you whayden I appreciate that especially coming from someone in our field.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When I get brother in laws satellite out my shop I'm going to steal all these ideas.

82742ab9fdd31c1b90cf5cc528aa1f19Cba69770bb3aa899b0149f3b7f1ab83dAc9dd6efc66343d93c841e09ce7f89c5

I'm an old school Mopar guy at heart. This was my last one for myself before dedicated everything for camping. It wasn't numbers or anything cool but it was the straightest Cuda around. Gaps were all paintstick not like what's usually acceptable. I miss a couple of those but now the family is involved and having fun so it's all worth it
Don't get to work on cool stuff or classics anymore I do miss that

Last edited:
whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
Sweet car. Got the 81 Elcamino for my oldest son we working on now. His mom drove it to school, it will be cool he will to. It will be way nicer when he drives it. 59 ford for my youngest son. He loves it. Got a 69 roadrunner,383,factory 883 four speed car,with the fresh air hood I'm trying to rescue for my self. Same guy owns it that my brother in law got his satellite from. I have never looked at the mopars before but I can tell you I have caught the fever.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sweet car. Got the 81 Elcamino for my oldest son we working on now. His mom drove it to school, it will be cool he will to. It will be way nicer when he drives it. 59 ford for my youngest son. He loves it. Got a 69 roadrunner,383,factory 883 four speed car,with the fresh air hood I'm trying to rescue for my self. Same guy owns it that my brother in law got his satellite from. I have never looked at the mopars before but I can tell you I have caught the fever.
You don't see them everywhere is why I liked them. Well that and monster power lol.

Reactions: sharp
K

KerXR75

May 21, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Big Red
You could bodywork the joints and paint it. Skip the fiberglass all together. I super hate fiberglass. Lol.
Pound for pound fiberglass has a tinsel strength than sheetmetals.Much more Dent and ding resistant, more easily repaired. I say this with having over 20 years in fiberglass fab and as well the RV Collison business. I tell my customers to bring me the pieces and I'll put your RV back stronger than it was from the factory. Unlike metal when you grind and glass it your adding strength and it is infused into and becomes part of the original part. With metal repair your adding something to it That wasn't there before....body putty!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I just spent the last hour going through this entire thread and it was time very well spent.

I NEED some doors for my rig. Just about froze plowing snow this morning with @ 15* and a 28MPH wind blowing half of what I was plowing back inside the cab. You are one talented man CP. Now, (besides needing a lot of skill,) I need to find the time to do this.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well I just spent the last hour going through this entire thread and it was time very well spent.

I NEED some doors for my rig. Just about froze plowing snow this morning with @ 15* and a 28MPH wind blowing half of what I was plowing back inside the cab. You are one talented man CP. Now, (besides needing a lot of skill,) I need to find the time to do this.
It's really not too tough except fit and finishing which I did spend time on getting that right. If someone was going to save a bunch of time they could hinge off of the ROPS on the front doors and have separate parts.
All done it was worth it for sure, all five of us had our coats off with no heater in the teens at night and the doors never got screwed up even splitting trees.
Not much money but need a little time. I had about 50 hours in but a lot was design and redo and only a couple days were full days the rest was a couple hours here or there

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wonder how much strength the pvc will have on a non- drop topped rig?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wonder how much strength the pvc will have on a non- drop topped rig?
It would need a small aluminum or steel frame. Cool stuff though and easy to work with.

L

Lloyd_Christmas

Dec 30, 2017
Connecticut
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How has this awesome cab held up the past year? I might have missed it, what windshield are you using?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How has this awesome cab held up the past year? I might have missed it, what windshield are you using?
Using factory Honda glass cut down. We have only had to cab on for 4 weekends of riding by t we do slide down trees and give it hell. Since the enclosure sits there inside the roll cage it'll take massive abuse

Reactions: Plumber32
L

Lloyd_Christmas

Dec 30, 2017
Connecticut
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Using factory Honda glass cut down. We have only had to cab on for 4 weekends of riding by t we do slide down trees and give it hell. Since the enclosure sits there inside the roll cage it'll take massive abuse

From your pictures it looks awesome. I just picked up a 1000 p3 and hope I can find the time to make a cab half as nice as yours.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
From your pictures it looks awesome. I just picked up a 1000 p3 and hope I can find the time to make a cab half as nice as yours.
Congratulations! It's a great machine.
Building wasn't too hard just make sure to start with a traceable, get mistakes out in that and have a little time.

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!