rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
From the manual:

Do not tow your Honda SXSbehind a car or other vehicle except on a trailer.

When you transport your Honda SXS,we recommend that you carry the vehicle in its normal operating position (on all four wheels).

Follow these procedures:
1. Set the parking brake, and the drive select lever in 4WD.
2. Secure the vehicle with tie-down straps in the areas shown.
  • Suitable tie-down straps are available from your dealer.
  • Ordinary rope is not recommended because it can stretch
    under load. Using tie-down straps in any other areas can damage yourHonda SXS.
3. Rock the vehicle back and forth to make sure the tie-down straps are tight and the vehicle is secure.
I read that...once...haha

Reactions: R-Lamm
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
From the manual:

Do not tow your Honda SXSbehind a car or other vehicle except on a trailer.

When you transport your Honda SXS,we recommend that you carry the vehicle in its normal operating position (on all four wheels).

Follow these procedures:
1. Set the parking brake, and the drive select lever in 4WD.
2. Secure the vehicle with tie-down straps in the areas shown.
  • Suitable tie-down straps are available from your dealer.
  • Ordinary rope is not recommended because it can stretch
    under load. Using tie-down straps in any other areas can damage yourHonda SXS.
3. Rock the vehicle back and forth to make sure the tie-down straps are tight and the vehicle is secure.
Gotta love instructions "(on all four wheels)" - you know they had to put that in because some idiot tried to transport on its side or upside down.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
While towing leave it in neutral with parking brake. Otherwise every road impact and being transferred into your transmission. It doesn't need that. And use lots of straps... Like 4. Redundancy, its never good when your like sh**! that last strap was holding it on!
Good advice. I never thought about it like that.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
If you are in gear, have the brake on and are properly cinched down I wouldn't worry too much about the road impacts. If the gears are that poor I would have seen issues by now my 10,000 or so miles of trailering.

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
If you are in gear, have the brake on and are properly cinched down I wouldn't worry too much about the road impacts. If the gears are that poor I would have seen issues by now my 10,000 or so miles of trailering.

Yea they are probably fine. Just remember the gear will only hold it one direction... I have not really wrapped my head around the transmission and how it works but push it around you’ll see. Forward gear will only stop it from rolling forward and reverse will only stop it from rollin back. I have to do this on my Yamaha Wolverine 350 as well cause the parking brake on that is a joke.

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
the straps may also loosen over bumps if there was tire friction holding it in place when cinching it down. I like neutral as it rolls into the cinched down position. then apply the brake or put it in gear. If that makes any sense..

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I actually almost always leave my p5 in gear though just because the damn parking brake never works. It gets jammed with mud and the little 'clickers' that you hear when you pull on the handle dont 'click'. Lol I either need to somehow install an inline hydraulic lock or maybe somehow figure how to put it up to the left of the steering wheel on the dash like the P7.

RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Maxresdefault

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!