P700 No Start , No Display

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oddly seems like I'm posting more than ever-- and hope someone has some ideas-- heck you all fixed my leaky radiator hose.

Ok so it's cold out maybe 20 and the 700 is outside turn key on I noticed the display didn't illuminate and it won't start. If I leave the key on it seems to warm up the display then illuminates and then I hear the buss (assume its fuel injected) any ideas?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check the battery connections. Don't recall what power relays it has, but try swapping them.

DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok I added a battery booster and it started- lots of cranks.

Oddly before I did any of that - I was going on and off with key and it kept all the dummy lights on even with key off and out the cylinder. I disconnected the NEG side and it seems to have reset. working normal again.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok I added a battery booster and it started- lots of cranks.

Oddly before I did any of that - I was going on and off with key and it kept all the dummy lights on even with key off and out the cylinder. I disconnected the NEG side and it seems to have reset. working normal again.
Hmmm...search this on the 500. Seems to happen a lot on them. Can't remember if its a relay thing or ignition switch. Sounds like a relay hanging...
Cold does weird things to electrics.

Unfortunately, The 700 is a notoriously finicky starter in cold weather. Stock battery isn't very strong. Seems like starting it for a few cranks, then turning the switch off an starting over again works best (AKA loading the engine with fuel a bit).

Reactions: Mudwing
DAIII

DAIII

Jun 24, 2018
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 700-2
ok that make sense. are the relays under the seat? for next time maybe I can warm them up?I let it run and now its in sun- Added Stabil with gas line anti freeze just in case it was hung up. I'll have parking for it next winter for sure.

Reactions: DG Rider
H

HondaTech

All the lights being stuck on with the key removed is the main relay sticking. For whatever reason, turning the key on and off repetitively will make it stick.

This could also explain your dead battery, it drained all the power out of it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
ok that make sense. are the relays under the seat? for next time maybe I can warm them up?I let it run and now its in sun- Added Stabil with gas line anti freeze just in case it was hung up. I'll have parking for it next winter for sure.
They're up under the hood...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!