To me...the heat.../ sound...
Are equally a problem...
gonna.give Glock/Jackal
....ideas & product a try...
mine..seems to be perfect
bedding...material for the mice...
which could be. ..another problem..
....CHEWED WIRES.....
One chewed my tps wires... was bedding in the heat material...

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
One chewed my tps wires... was bedding in the heat material...
I hear ya...
I decon...them little
F--kers...I'm gonna try
the newer stuff...wat it
cost...ain't sh.t ...compared
to searching for chewed...
wires

Last edited:
Reactions: William and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It's in the Cart......
now..gotta find some more
stuff....can't check out..with
just one...item.
Yep..YOUR ALL TO
BLAME...for this Addiction...
...haha
I'm sure you all share..
...the blame Proudly

Reactions: trigger
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just gonna do the bubble wrap heat material from lowes.. way easier than header wrap. On my back at least...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My roofer stopped by the site today and brought me a piece of TPO rubber. About 4.5' x 6.5'. A lot heavier than the carpet matting material, should cut the noise down more. Plan to drape this one over all sides a little more too. I'll post pics and let you guys know how it works after install. Hope to have it in for this weekends group ride with @PistonHonda and @Remington and put it to the test. ;)

D

Deleted member 3748

My roofer stopped by the site today and brought me a piece of TPO rubber. About 4.5' x 6.5'. A lot heavier than the carpet matting material, should cut the noise down more. Plan to drape this one over all sides a little more too. I'll post pics and let you guys know how it works after install. Hope to have it in for this weekends group ride with @PistonHonda and @Remington and put it to the test. ;)

Trying to get the weight to an even 3000 lbs? :D

Reactions: 100Acre and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW...Discovered during the group ride that I felt zero heat coming from the engine area and it got pretty damn hot today. Still feel a little burp come through the 2/4 wd lever every now and then. I think the rubber is working better than the carpet mat stuff. I cut it in better too, making sure to cover more of front, back and sides, which probably helped as well. Also saw a stamp right on the rubber that says EPDM, not TPO like I was told. I sprayed the machine down real good when I got home and didn't give a thought about it getting wet. Haven't taken any pics yet as I was scrambling to get ready for the ride but I'll try to post some tomorrow.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW...Discovered during the group ride that I felt zero heat coming from the engine area and it got pretty damn hot today. Still feel a little burp come through the 2/4 wd lever every now and then. I think the rubber is working better than the carpet mat stuff. I cut it in better too, making sure to cover more of front, back and sides, which probably helped as well. Also saw a stamp right on the rubber that says EPDM, not TPO like I was told. I sprayed the machine down real good when I got home and didn't give a thought about it getting wet. Haven't taken any pics yet as I was scrambling to get ready for the ride but I'll try to post some tomorrow.
Got my ez cool..mat today..
will install tomorrow..post some
pics...my weather station. .said it
was...102...here today

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the Reflectix bubble wrap heat shield from Home Depot today and it works great! 10 bucks and it's a 10 ft roll that will do two p500s. No heat on our butts at all. My p500 was even overheating from mud clogging my radiator.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ez col...sound/heat/barrier. ...
$38......removed my stuff...which
created a nesting spot for mice....
started bottom of seat...put material
down cut places needed...put bottom
seat on..reason being..easier on my knees
to finish the back...cut wat needed...then thought
....keep going up...to back of roof..between rollcage
& rear panel..up under roof..for a clean custom look
....took for ride 2hrs...oh....buddy. ..I have side mirrors
I'm sticking with this...big noise killer..no heat......will cover silver..with camo cloth..BADASS
20170611 104939
20170611 104952
20170611 105017
20170611 105311

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Here is my heat solution, I posted some time back but here it is again.View attachment 43344
Used that..good..but held water..
which..I just removed it. ...biggest concern
..that's nesting material for mice
...posted pic of mouse nest...
so keep an eye out

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
HaHa....
$12 FABRIC
$3 glue sticks..
walla.....
20170611 124550

Matches my PJ's

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Washed the machine when I got home last night, not worrying about the water. Pulled the seats today and had three areas with little puddles, under the passenger seat and on either side of the air filter box. I cut little holes in those areas to let the water out, shouldn't hold water anymore. I wrapped over the first bar of the rear rack and under the tool box. Way tighter tolerances and better coverage than I did with the carpet material. This stuff isn't real thick but it's still pretty heavy and knocks the noise down a lot better than before. I could hear @PistonHonda shifting through the gears in front of me when I had the stereo turned down.
Rubber2 Rubber4 Rubber3
Rubber

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a roll of this on Amazon. Its just big enough for the P500 and cheap too. Not rode much since it got warm but will put it to the test in a couple weeks at Windrock.

Amazon.com: uxcell 60cmx100cm 394mil/10mm 6.46sqft Car Heat Block Sound Deadener Deadening Underlay Insulation Mat - Intensive Aluminum Foil Face: Automotive

View attachment 45482 View attachment 45483
I ordered the same stuff that you did and after removing the paper backing, cutting the holes for the seat mounts, I then attached a piece of Reflectix to the top to go up behind the roll cage and around the rear window at the bottom. I used the Peel and Seal flashing tape used for roofing to adhere the two materials together and then proceeded to cover the rest of the black foam material with the peel and seal tape. It took a bit of pressing to really get everything to adhere together properly, because it's 100% humidity here. I'm gonna let it sit in there a few days to meld together and then I still need to cut two more slits to allow the rear window Velcro straps to wrap around the lower part of the roll cage bar.
I also found it was much easier to set in the bottom part 1st, then put the Reflectix in through the top between the roll cage and rear panel and lower it down to meet the bottom piece. After removing the paper backing on the bottom piece I then over lapped the two materials by about 4-6. Then covered the seam with peel and seal, of which I had enough to go back over to cover as much of the exposed black foam. Finally I dropped a piece of plywood behind the Reflectix and between the rear window and used a razor knife to slice out an area to still access the window. Everywhere except the upper portion against the window is really thick and should repel water and block the noise and heat well. In theory anyways...actually it does seem to reduce the noise quite a bit.
IMG 0012
IMG 0423
IMG 0422
IMG 0424
IMG 0425
IMG 0429
IMG 0430
IMG 0432
IMG 0433

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I ordered the same stuff that you did and after removing the paper backing, cutting the holes for the seat mounts, I then attached a piece of Reflectix to the top to go up behind the roll cage and around the rear window at the bottom. I used the Peel and Seal flashing tape used for roofing to adhere the two materials together and then proceeded to cover the rest of the black foam material with the peel and seal tape. It took a bit of pressing to really get everything to adhere together properly, because it's 100% humidity here. I'm gonna let it sit in there a few days to meld together and then I still need to cut two more slits to allow the rear window Velcro straps to wrap around the lower part of the roll cage bar.
I also found it was much easier to set in the bottom part 1st, then put the Reflectix in through the top between the roll cage and rear panel and lower it down to meet the bottom piece. After removing the paper backing on the bottom piece I then over lapped the two materials by about 4-6. Then covered the seam with peel and seal, of which I had enough to go back over to cover as much of the exposed black foam. Finally I dropped a piece of plywood behind the Reflectix and between the rear window and used a razor knife to slice out an area to still access the window. Everywhere except the upper portion against the window is really thick and should repel water and block the noise and heat well. In theory anyways...actually it does seem to reduce the noise quite a bit.
View attachment 46665 View attachment 46666 View attachment 46667 View attachment 46668 View attachment 46669 View attachment 46672 View attachment 46674 View attachment 46675 View attachment 46676

Nice job Gnome! That looks like a pretty clean install.

idcwby

idcwby

Oct 16, 2015
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone been in a rainstorm with the stuff that soaks up water? Is it just like getting hosed off or not as bad? Just wondering if that should be something I need to considered.

Thanks
idcwby

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!