Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone been in a rainstorm with the stuff that soaks up water? Is it just like getting hosed off or not as bad? Just wondering if that should be something I need to considered.

Thanks
idcwby

These machines stock are essentially waterproof. Most accessories are made waterproof or aid in keeping it out. Adding something that holds water is kind of an oxymoron. The carpet stuff is better than nothing but not the best option, IMO.

D

Deleted member 3748

I ordered the same stuff that you did and after removing the paper backing, cutting the holes for the seat mounts, I then attached a piece of Reflectix to the top to go up behind the roll cage and around the rear window at the bottom. I used the Peel and Seal flashing tape used for roofing to adhere the two materials together and then proceeded to cover the rest of the black foam material with the peel and seal tape. It took a bit of pressing to really get everything to adhere together properly, because it's 100% humidity here. I'm gonna let it sit in there a few days to meld together and then I still need to cut two more slits to allow the rear window Velcro straps to wrap around the lower part of the roll cage bar.
I also found it was much easier to set in the bottom part 1st, then put the Reflectix in through the top between the roll cage and rear panel and lower it down to meet the bottom piece. After removing the paper backing on the bottom piece I then over lapped the two materials by about 4-6. Then covered the seam with peel and seal, of which I had enough to go back over to cover as much of the exposed black foam. Finally I dropped a piece of plywood behind the Reflectix and between the rear window and used a razor knife to slice out an area to still access the window. Everywhere except the upper portion against the window is really thick and should repel water and block the noise and heat well. In theory anyways...actually it does seem to reduce the noise quite a bit.

Dang! I installed mine just about the same way I would install an indian blanket over an old truck seat.

Reactions: 100Acre
D

Deleted member 3748

Has anyone been in a rainstorm with the stuff that soaks up water? Is it just like getting hosed off or not as bad? Just wondering if that should be something I need to considered.

Thanks
idcwby
It gets wet, but it doesn't get heavy like a piece of indoor carpeting would. You should still let it air dry to prevent mildew though.

Reactions: trigger and idcwby
fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
What are you going to stick it to, itself or some other backing?
I am thinking about each panel below the seat, It only gets hot in the center, but there are some open holes in that area and I am not surer this would work.

jphunter55

jphunter55

May 7, 2017
Indian River County, Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 2919
I am thinking about each panel below the seat, It only gets hot in the center, but there are some open holes in that area and I am not surer this would work.
I just use a Mylar windshield shade, it's cheap, lightweight waterproof and easy to install and clean. And it works great no heat comes thru . I had a extra one laying around and tried it. Very happy with the outcome.

Last edited:
fuimus

fuimus

May 30, 2017
WNY
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 49916
I just use a Mylar windshield shade, it's cheap, lightweight waterproof and easy to install and clean. And it works great no heat comes thru . I had a extra one laying around and tried it. Very happy with the outcome.
I think that's going to be my choice too

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!