Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I know a lot about the culture of eastern Oklahoma.

If it's "legal" as you claim please post a link to OK statutes that proves it's legal for an Okie to register his ofr vehicles in ID/SD and drive them on OK public roads.
Again, there is no provision for driving a UTV on public roads in OK, and I never claimed there is. But it has provided me legal access in many western states that allow street legal access.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You don't seem to understand the issue.

Of course the state that is collecting registration fees (taxes) from you considers it legal. They're happy to take your money but you don't live in that state. You are not subject to the laws of ID when you're back at home.

You ARE NOT LEGAL in OK where you live.
I think you’re the one that doesn’t understand Barlow. I’m not trying to legalize my UTV in Oklahoma. I do cross country treks in other western states, and use it there.

Reactions: Remington
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
If you had explained what you do and your reason for doing it a few days ago you could have avoided all the arguments. No one said that was illegal. Most states will not register an out of state vehicle but no one really cares if they do.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you had explained what you do and your reason for doing it a few days ago you could have avoided all the arguments. No one said that was illegal. Most states will not register an out of state vehicle but no one really cares if they do.
I have done so in this thread and others on this forum for years now anytime the subject comes up......👍😎

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Can you post up more details on what you did?
If you’ll go check out the Rimrocker Trail thread we have all the info posted there that will help you get registered in Idaho...👍😊

It’s in the general discussion forums...

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well for example, I went and did a ride from Darby Montana to Elk City Idaho and back and needed to be street legal because some of the route was on state highways. I’m a resident of a state that doesn’t offer street legal registration for OHV/UTV’s. So I picked the easiest state that would allow me to register my UTV which was Idaho. Nice of Idaho to do so and at the righteous price of $30.00 and all by mail....
People don’t seem to understand many states don’t consider Atv’s and Utv’s motor vehicles and therefore they can’t be registered or plated.

Take MO for example, they won’t even issue a title for a UTV But if you put an orange triangle on it you can be street legal. Here in KS again, no street legal registration for a plate option yet you can buy an annual sticker like CO and ride on county roads.

I pay for these right in CO and KS and now want a plate so I can Legally ride in some western states as well.

If all these states want their money offer a street legal plate option.

I find it funny all these people applying street cars and trucks logic to something many states do not even consider a motor vehicle.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
People don’t seem to understand many states don’t consider Atv’s and Utv’s motor vehicles and therefore they can’t be registered or plated.

Take MO for example, they won’t even issue a title for a UTV.
Correct. I bought my 2015 Pioneer 1000-3 in Kansas City and I received a Certificate of Origin. But, South Dakota accepted that when I registered and plated it there....👍

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Your machine will "appear" to be legal in Idaho as long as ID allows non-residents to register in their state. But after your brief ride ID plates will be of no value whatsoever back in your home state.

They are here in Florida. Our sheriff has given his deputies explicit orders not to harass or stop without cause, any side by side that has plates from any state.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did they issue you a title as well?
No, you’re not titling your SXS there, just registering it for public road access on a restricted basis.....

advertisement
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Of course the state that is collecting registration fees (taxes) from you considers it legal. They're happy to take your money but you don't live in that state. You are not subject to the laws of ID when you're back at home.

I see a lot of post #'s appear to be missing from this conversation, at least on my computer. You must be arguing that that idiot "monte-ass" that has me blocked. You are wasting your time ...... lol.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are here in Florida. Our sheriff has given his deputies explicit orders not to harass or stop without cause, any side by side that has plates from any state.
Sorry, but NOT legal in Fla. Apparently the Sheriff has made a choice not to enforce the law for political reasons. That will not stop a Trooper or local LEO from making the charges. Law clearly states ..... "vehicle with out-of-state registrations are required by law to be registered within 10 days ..... ". See ...... Motor Vehicle Registrations - Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles .......

Last edited:
Reactions: HBarlow
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did they issue you a title as well? I know SD does but haven’t verified if ID does.
Yes. The machines are titled as Idaho with our regular address.

Reactions: tdhanses
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Reactions: HBarlow

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!