BOX1

P700 Noob - Help!

K

KCMOHondaFan

Sep 14, 2021
Kansas City, Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I’m new to the forum… bought a Pionner 700-4 brand new in 2019 as a utility vehicle, etc. Have really babied it, almost no off-road use, will drive through a meadow every now and then…. kindve just cruise around the subdivision periodically, etc.

Anyway, I’ve always noticed since I got it when it was parked in the garage, and I looked at it from behind, it leaned fairly heavily downward toward the passenger side. I always assumed our garage floor just sloped that way because the UTV was brand new….

I have a neighbor who is an engineer and he was over the other day and commented on it leaning — I said I always just assumed it was the garage floor, and he was like “No way, that’s leaning way to much to be the garage floor”.

Trying to keep this short, I put a digital level on what I believe are the front axels and they were definitely not equal. I looked over all the tires and put some pressure on them on they all seem good. Outside of checking the PSI to make sure they’re all exact, what else could be wrong? Pictures attached! Thank you.

821088CA 22FD 4FF6 9962 CA370939339C 4E1A7BBC 1C40 4F59 A33C 1965CF4F4495 9B1CB58E BB5A 4465 A7CF 74B9503386A3 5EDB45FC 460E 47D8 B376 AAD2BC6C2F75 DD41AF56 A190 4966 8C83 6A4810221FA7 535E4E99 C91F 45B3 A980 4B9D6281255D

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
i was gonna say check your rear shocks but they are set the same. the front axles are different lengths they will always be at different angles. was the gas tank full when you noticed the lean? mine used to lean the passenger side when new and full a gas. take something about 40 lbs and put in the driver side floorboard or seat and see if ut levels up. if so then its just the tank being full.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

K

KCMOHondaFan

Sep 14, 2021
Kansas City, Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok, good to know on the axles…. The gas tank is usually always pretty much full, I keep Sta-Bil in it, and if I run it very much I usually refill it.

It may have just been in my head since the guy said something about it, but it was pulling pretty hard to the right when I drove it yesterday. It may have always been doing that though and I just wasn’t paying attention.

Reactions: Smitty335
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok, good to know on the axles…. The gas tank is usually always pretty much full, I keep Sta-Bil in it, and if I run it very much I usually refill it.

It may have just been in my head since the guy said something about it, but it was pulling pretty hard to the right when I drove it yesterday. It may have always been doing that though and I just wasn’t paying attention.
if its pulling to the right with you in it. the toe is off on the alignment. can use a tape measure and 2 2x4 on the front tires and do thatfailry easy . just be sure to move it back and then forward after each adjustment and always measure and adjust when after you stop going forward.

K

KCMOHondaFan

Sep 14, 2021
Kansas City, Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
So if I’m understanding correctly, the assumption would be the right front tire is toe’d out if it’s pulling to the right?

And if that proves to be the case, I would adjust the bolt to push the tire ‘outward’ on the front right tire since the adjustment bar is on the back of the tire?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
So if I’m understanding correctly, the assumption would be the right front tire is toe’d out if it’s pulling to the right?

And if that proves to be the case, I would adjust the bolt to push the tire ‘outward’ on the front right tire since the adjustment bar is on the back of the tire?
i cant remeber if its negative pulls rightor positive toe pulls right but yes if you need your front of the tire in you adjust the tire tod out. i usually do both sides about a 1/4 turn each at a time. this will keep your steering wheel in the same position

Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

It could be either.

K

KCMOHondaFan

Sep 14, 2021
Kansas City, Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
It could be either.
So, again, apologies, I’m far from mechanically inclined.
Are you basically saying if it’s pulling to the right, it could be that the front right tire is toe’d out…. ‘Or’ the front left tire is toe’d in?

and if so, how do you determine which one is off as opposed to just picking one and adjusting until they’re even? Meaning both would be toe’d in or out? Lol.

Reactions: Mudwing
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
So, again, apologies, I’m far from mechanically inclined.
Are you basically saying if it’s pulling to the right, it could be that the front right tire is toe’d out…. ‘Or’ the front left tire is toe’d in?

and if so, how do you determine which one is off as opposed to just picking one and adjusting until they’re even? Meaning both would be toe’d in or out? Lol.
hes talking about it could be either tire. because it works on symetry. if you adjust 1 tire you can actually make it where your turning could be less 1 way or the other. thats why you adjust both tire rods

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!