ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As it sits I think I’m gonna try to get there @3:30, looks like I’m gonna be able to make it.

Put my windshield and soft cab on today so I can wear a t-shirt and no rain gear.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
As it sits I think I’m gonna try to get there @3:30, looks like I’m gonna be able to make it.

Put my windshield and soft cab on today so I can wear a t-shirt and no rain gear.
My wife was talking about a soft cab for days like this. Another item for the list. Lol.
We will probably get there about 2.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife was talking about a soft cab for days like this. Another item for the list. Lol.
We will probably get there about 2.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

68f00656c7551c26ba292143770b78aa

6ad365b8c614a65a8cc367147b634620

Doors are def a luxury, but it’s nice on a soggy cold day, not to be soggy and cold and have the trails almost to yourself.

Had a heater on 700 because wife wanted it, but didn’t NEED it. It was nice on really cold days though.

Gonna pick up the rear portion for the kiddos soon.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
I do like the doors. especially for keeping the rain out. Looks like the rain will be gone by the time I get there, that's assuming the weather people get it right. ha

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spann is a better guesser than most, seeing as he has @40year of experience with the weather here in the state

I’m hoping for enough rain to knock the dust down and keep some people away. Inch worm groups of 30 on a trail suck.

I’m gonna bring my buddy and his twin sons, he just confirmed so I may stay away from some of the steeper slick portions of trail 30 and I’m gonna install the rear nets for them as well.

Reactions: dereklm
dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
yeah me too. I got the goggles ready just in case.

There will be buddy and his wife on a 4 wheeler with us, and another guy from the pioneer 700 group on facebook might ride with us.

I like to ride easy and watch others get theirs stuck in mud... sometimes the entertainment is priceless.
There is supposed to be a band at 7. We are gonna grill up some dogs and have a fire pit to warm up.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yeah me too. I got the goggles ready just in case.

There will be buddy and his wife on a 4 wheeler with us, and another guy from the pioneer 700 group on facebook might ride with us.

I like to ride easy and watch others get theirs stuck in mud... sometimes the entertainment is priceless.
There is supposed to be a band at 7. We are gonna grill up some dogs and have a fire pit to warm up.

Cool, theres some mud there, I tended to stay on the rocks toward the back and avoid the mud, I would run the creek to clean out the mud before I left.

I saw a rzr on portals and 36's way above the door in a non assuming mud hole out there on the side of one of the main roads once. Took a winch on front of 3500 dually to get him out, and he broke stuff doing so.

Not sure about when we will leave kinda depends on my buddy's kids, they are younguns.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had to leave early tonight wish I could’ve stayed it was just getting fun but I made a prior commitment and had to keep my word.

Who’s up for Stoney Lonesome Nov 18 or Dec 9?

They are having night rides both times.

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Cool, theres some mud there, I tended to stay on the rocks toward the back and avoid the mud, I would run the creek to clean out the mud before I left.

I saw a rzr on portals and 36's way above the door in a non assuming mud hole out there on the side of one of the main roads once. Took a winch on front of 3500 dually to get him out, and he broke stuff doing so.

Not sure about when we will leave kinda depends on my buddy's kids, they are younguns.

This hole? Its on the way to the creek trail on the left. My buddy in his Viking thought he would just go around it and slid off in it. Clutch filled with mud and that was all she wrote of the day.

R4ZsjGA

We rode The Ridge sat after lunch on a last sec decision. Not the best choice but its less than 10min from my house. First ride in the Honda and I'm impressed. Its a night & day improvement from my Polaris.

Reactions: joeymt33 and sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ridge is a little tight for SxS but it used to be a MX Park until recently.

Reactions: sharp
zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ridge is a little tight for SxS but it used to be a MX Park until recently.
Yep I used to ride all the tracks when still riding motocross back in the day. It wasnt that bad, all the blue trails are plenty wide and the black trails had a couple tight spots but I never rubbed anywhere. They closed a few weeks ago for a couple months and did trail maintenance is what the girl at the desk told me. It was nice climbing hills that rzr's haven't destroyed yet.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep I used to ride all the tracks when still riding motocross back in the day. It wasnt that bad, all the blue trails are plenty wide and the black trails had a couple tight spots but I never rubbed anywhere. They closed a few weeks ago for a couple months and did trail maintenance is what the girl at the desk told me. It was nice climbing hills that rzr's haven't destroyed yet.

The creek trail was still really narrow and winding in March.

They had a tornado hit 4-5 years ago and to get a dozer in to clear that portion they ended up widening a lot of the front trails too.

TopTrails has stoped anything over 34” tires, that is one of many things that park has done to get better I’m glad to see.

I wish one would open 10mins from me I’d ride the roads to it.

zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The creek trail was still really narrow and winding in March.

They had a tornado hit 4-5 years ago and to get a dozer in to clear that portion they ended up widening a lot of the front trails too.

TopTrails has stoped anything over 34” tires, that is one of many things that park has done to get better I’m glad to see.

I wish one would open 10mins from me I’d ride the roads to it.

Yep. We are used to narrow and winding. We like riding the flat bottoms at Top Trails and 90% of that is tight/winding. The 34" rule just started in September right? Even then theres not a ton of rides you see up there over 30's. Im sure alot of it is erosion to. Some of those black trails have insane ruts.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. We are used to narrow and winding. We like riding the flat bottoms at Top Trails and 90% of that is tight/winding. The 34" rule just started in September right? Even then theres not a ton of rides you see up there over 30's. Im sure alot of it is erosion to. Some of those black trails have insane ruts.

Yup it keeps the Samurais off the trails, they were tearing stuff up.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Checking the stoney lonsome site and looks like the 18th is open for 24 hour night ride. Most of their night rides end at 11pm

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm going to see about renting one of their trailers or cabins for the night.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m down for the 18th, Prob just be driving back, don’t think I’ll be staying the night.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!