Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, I’ll be in Joplin MO March 24-29. It’s about 10 hour drive but I’ll be bringing the Pioneer. It’s spring break time for the kids and we are staying with family in Joplin. I’d like to get out and ride at least two days.

What’s some good places I need to go?

I probably can’t ride the 24th as we are getting in late the night before but I’ll try to squeeze in an afternoon ride maybe. Other than that I’ll be riding during the week. Is there any place that does not allow riding during the week that I should avoid?

Anyone feel free to join me if you like and show me around. Probably one day I’ll have a couple family members with me and one day I want to go with out them and hit some more technical stuff.

My best days to go are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday is a decent option but I’ve got to be back in Joplin by 5-6pm. I won’t rule out a Sunday afternoon ride if there’s a place close.

@BWAF
@nbomar
@Ragnar406
@GlockMeister

Please tag anyone else that may be interested

Thank you.

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, I’ll be in Joplin MO March 24-29. It’s about 10 hour drive but I’ll be bringing the Pioneer. It’s spring break time for the kids and we are staying with family in Joplin. I’d like to get out and ride at least two days.

I probably can’t ride the 24th as we are getting in late the night before but I’ll try to squeeze in an afternoon ride maybe. Other than that I’ll be riding during the week. Is there any place that does not allow riding during the week that I should avoid?

Anyone feel free to join me if you like and show me around. Probably one day I’ll have a couple family members with me and one day I want to go with out them and hit some more technical stuff.

My best days to go are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday is a decent option but I’ve got to be back in Joplin by 5-6pm. I won’t rule out a Sunday afternoon ride if there’s a place close.

@BWAF
@nbomar
@Ragnar406
@GlockMeister

Thank you.

I’ll keep following this and see how it looks when we get closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

@BWAF
@nbomar
@Ragnar406
@GlockMeister

Thank you.
Thanks for joining us at Mulberry. o_O

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The day you are just wanting challenges, I’d hit up rush springs ranch in Bella’s vista. Probably the closest place to Joplin also. It’s small and basically you just drive from one obstacle to the next.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The day you are just wanting challenges, I’d hit up rush springs ranch in Bella’s vista. Probably the closest place to Joplin also. It’s small and basically you just drive from one obstacle to the next.

Thanks.

BWAF and I will probably take a ride there one afternoon. At least that’s the place I think he mentioned.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am sure there are other parks or areas to ride close by but here are the ones that I know of. I will be in NYC at the beginning of the week but hopefully can join you if you ride on Thursday. If you decide to go to Buckhorn or Mulberry/Millcreek I have maps of those areas I have created that I can send you. Rush springs you really don't need a map but they have some outdated ones there that are free.(I mention because their map probably have less than a 1/4 of the trails on there that the park has)

Buckhorn

• Little over 2hours from Joplin - by Devils den -
  • Great trail system, generally rocky trails, only trail system growing in area
  • $3 a day to ride
Mulberry/Millcreek
  • about 2.5 hours from Joplin -
  • Trail system
  • $3 a day to ride

Rush Springs Ranch
  • About an hour from Joplin
  • Bunch of short trails that all connect. Ranch is set up that you really don't need a map as they all dump out into a similar area
  • Lots of challenge areas and trails - guaranteed to have something you cant do no matter what you bring
  • Can catch and release in the ponds there - literally gives my kid the wrong impression of fishing because it is so easy
  • $30 a day (rates have been changing so not sure)
Disney OHV park
  • A little over an hour from Joplin
  • Lots of trails and challenge areas - part of park is set up below dam with that area providing a rock garden so to speak area
  • $5 to park at Hogans Off road park
  • Plenty of challenge areas
SMORR
  • About 2 hours from Joplin
  • Never been so can't comment

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am sure there are other parks or areas to ride close by but here are the ones that I know of. I will be in NYC at the beginning of the week but hopefully can join you if you ride on Thursday. If you decide to go to Buckhorn or Mulberry/Millcreek I have maps of those areas I have created that I can send you. Rush springs you really don't need a map but they have some outdated ones there that are free.(I mention because their map probably have less than a 1/4 of the trails on there that the park has)

Buckhorn

• Little over 2hours from Joplin - by Devils den -
  • Great trail system, generally rocky trails, only trail system growing in area
  • $3 a day to ride
Mulberry/Millcreek
  • about 2.5 hours from Joplin -
  • Trail system
  • $3 a day to ride

Rush Springs Ranch
  • About an hour from Joplin
  • Bunch of short trails that all connect. Ranch is set up that you really don't need a map as they all dump out into a similar area
  • Lots of challenge areas and trails - guaranteed to have something you cant do no matter what you bring
  • Can catch and release in the ponds there - literally gives my kid the wrong impression of fishing because it is so easy
  • $30 a day (rates have been changing so not sure)
Disney OHV park
  • A little over an hour from Joplin
  • Lots of trails and challenge areas - part of park is set up below dam with that area providing a rock garden so to speak area
  • $5 to park at Hogans Off road park
  • Plenty of challenge areas
SMORR
  • About 2 hours from Joplin
  • Never been so can't comment

Wow, great info. Thank you.

This info should be saved for future questions about this area.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks.

BWAF and I will probably take a ride there one afternoon. At least that’s the place I think he mentioned.
No it was J and D offroad park right north of Joplin small place .I may have training in Heston KS that week a few day don't know yet :( Half to closer to then

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No it was J and D offroad park right north of Joplin small place .I may have training in Heston KS that week a few day don't know yet :( Half to closer to then

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Hopefully something will work out.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!