P1000 NOT HAPPY!

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Honda has become the Van Halen of the mid 80's. Instead of the gold standard, they have become mediocre.

Where as waiting for the new equipment with baited breath, now you are like "it's okay".

We are in the Sammy Hagar era of Honda.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Honda has become the Van Halen of the mid 80's. Instead of the gold standard, they have become mediocre
Hay hay hay!!! Thats aint cool man!
VH was still BA in the mid 80’s with 84’ and 5150 .All that s*** happend in 97-98 with Gary Sherone.
Mediocre :rolleyes:

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It was cool, it made money, I guess. Just like Honda.
Can u tell there my favorite band? 🤣 Ive seen them 6 Times with all three singers. Definitely better live and 10 times louder. Too bad that’s not gonna be happening ever again
you drive a yami I would expect nothing less 🤣

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Honda has become the Van Halen of the mid 80's. Instead of the gold standard, they have become mediocre.

Where as waiting for the new equipment with baited breath, now you are like "it's okay".

C'mon Jer, you didn't have to go there. Eddie wasn't as raw as the early stuff, expanding on his talent and playing the keyboards more. Dave was a good front man but was never a good singer, ever. 🤷‍♂️

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Can u tell there my favorite band? 🤣 Ive seen them 6 Times with all three singers. Definitely better live and 10 times louder. Too bad that’s not gonna be happening ever again
you drive a yami I would expect nothing less 🤣
My first concert was VH at Madison Square Garden in NYC. It was for the 1984 tour. I had press seats, 20 rows back, three up the side. VH opened with Unchained, it was a mind altering experience. Saw them with Sammy, think it was The Monsters Of Rock Tour, ehh.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My first concert was VH at Madison Square Garden in NYC. It was for the 1984 tour. I had press seats, 20 rows back, three up the side. VH opened with Unchained, it was a mind altering experience. Saw them with Sammy, think it was The Monsters Of Rock Tour, ehh.
Sammy wasnt my Fav live But i seen him 3 times With VH OU812, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and The Reunion Greatist hits vol2 at the palace floor row 10 And loud lol.
also seen VH III with Gary in 97’ and he was actually good played all the old Dave stuff and sang them well. Sammy wouldn't but Panama.
then seen the Last tour with Dave twice, that was very good.
My older brother seen them at Chrysler arena in A2 in 84’ on the floor. Hes 12 yrs older than me lol. Im a musician first and enjoyed listing to Eddie who was and always will be my favorite. The singers ehhh didnt really matter to me all that much.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll give ya $69.69 for it!
#NTC

First off, I want to apologize for the ridiculous low ball offer Jeremie made. That's just plain silly and quite obviously an affront to the senses. Your machine is worth a lot more than that.

I'll give you $79 for it, assuming tires are in good shape and it has a full tank of gas.

advertisement
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sammy wasnt my Fav live But i seen him 3 times With VH OU812, For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and The Reunion Greatist hits vol2 at the palace floor row 10 And loud lol.
also seen VH III with Gary in 97’ and he was actually good played all the old Dave stuff and sang them well. Sammy wouldn't but Panama.
then seen the Last tour with Dave twice, that was very good.
My older brother seen them at Chrysler arena in A2 in 84’ on the floor. Hes 12 yrs older than me lol. Im a musician first and enjoyed listing to Eddie who was and always will be my favorite. The singers ehhh didnt really matter to me all that much.
I thought the GS thing was pretty cool. He got thrown in there at the last minute. Given the circumstances, I thought he did as much as could be asked. I Think their next album would have been much better, where they actually wrote the music together, but that never happened. I know Dave called the shots on everything when he was in the band and Sammy said he did when he was in the band, But with GS, it was all Ed, and it went down in flames pretty quickly.

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off, I want to apologize for the ridiculous low ball offer Jeremie made. That's just plain silly and quite obviously an affront to the senses. Your machine is worth a lot more than that.

I'll give you $79 for it, assuming tires are in good shape and it has a full tank of gas.
A full tank of gas would double the price! You Cad!!!

VaHillbilly

VaHillbilly

NTC immigrant gardner
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
Sw VA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like u need a Jeep …. 🤷‍♂️

For what its worth, I have one of those SBH 16’ P1K5’s since it was new, little bit of elbow grease and ingenuity and she still runs great. No heat, no smells but the eternal combustion engine.
I always figured jeep would buy some pioneer's to di-sect to try and improve there own product. Come to think of it since the pioneer has been out they have released a "new" jeep pickup so maybe there is something to that. 😂😂

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Purchased a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Le. I've had 3 rhinos,1 razor, 1 pioneer 500, and 1 Teryx 800. Do not like the Pioneer 1000 very much. Had to reroute the gas venting because of gas fumes in the cab. The reverse gear is absolutely terrible in the mountains. First gear low is not very good either. It overheated climbing a hill the other day. There's some thumping in the suspension which I can't figure out where it's coming from. The machine only had 680 Miles when we bought it and it looked like it was in good shape and not abused. Hopefully the extended warranty I purchased will come in handy Overall score for the Honda Pioneer 1000 (5). The only reason I got rid of the Teryx was because of the CVT. Teryx scored a 8. The Pioneer 500 I had started to use oil and I had to have the top end rebuilt overall score for this machine was a (6). 2008 Yamaha Rhino over all score was a (8)! The moral of the story is after spending over $24,000 I'm not happy! And I don't try any real difficult Trails anymore getting too old.
I’ve never had any of the issues you’re talking about. The sound in the suspension is probably the bed making noise. Here’s a video to check for that and how to fix it.

Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Bed Noise

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

VanHondaGar?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yes about $3,000 in accessories. And I couldn't have even gotten a new one till September here in Colorado. Plus adding all the surcharges and taxes it would have been way over what we wanted to pay
I have a (basically) brand new '21 1000-5 in Phantom Camo for sale with less than 100 miles on it and ~$5K of documented accessories added for only $25K. You paid $24K for a 4 year old model? Sorry, you should have done a little more research.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
C'mon Jer, you didn't have to go there. Eddie wasn't as raw as the early stuff, expanding on his talent and playing the keyboards more. Dave was a good front man but was never a good singer, ever. 🤷‍♂️
Two best VH albums: Their debut album (Van Halen) and Fair Warning.

advertisement