P1000 NOT HAPPY!

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Purchased a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Le. I've had 3 rhinos,1 razor, 1 pioneer 500, and 1 Teryx 800. Do not like the Pioneer 1000 very much. Had to reroute the gas venting because of gas fumes in the cab. The reverse gear is absolutely terrible in the mountains. First gear low is not very good either. It overheated climbing a hill the other day. There's some thumping in the suspension which I can't figure out where it's coming from. The machine only had 680 Miles when we bought it and it looked like it was in good shape and not abused. Hopefully the extended warranty I purchased will come in handy Overall score for the Honda Pioneer 1000 (5). The only reason I got rid of the Teryx was because of the CVT. Teryx scored a 8. The Pioneer 500 I had started to use oil and I had to have the top end rebuilt overall score for this machine was a (6). 2008 Yamaha Rhino over all score was a (8)! The moral of the story is after spending over $24,000 I'm not happy! And I don't try any real difficult Trails anymore getting too old.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Purchased a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Le. I've had 3 rhinos,1 razor, 1 pioneer 500, and 1 Teryx 800. Do not like the Pioneer 1000 very much. Had to reroute the gas venting because of gas fumes in the cab. The reverse gear is absolutely terrible in the mountains. First gear low is not very good either. It overheated climbing a hill the other day. There's some thumping in the suspension which I can't figure out where it's coming from. The machine only had 680 Miles when we bought it and it looked like it was in good shape and not abused. Hopefully the extended warranty I purchased will come in handy Overall score for the Honda Pioneer 1000 (5). The only reason I got rid of the Teryx was because of the CVT. Teryx scored a 8. The Pioneer 500 I had started to use oil and I had to have the top end rebuilt overall score for this machine was a (6). 2008 Yamaha Rhino over all score was a (8)! The moral of the story is after spending over $24,000 I'm not happy! And I don't try any real difficult Trails anymore getting too old.
We're gonna need to know what scale is being used here? When you say you give it an (8), is that out of (10)?
Also, why did the Teryx get an (8) if the CVT was giving issues?

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
and your RzR i'm sure was a 10, right? maybe coming here with trouble your having and many here to help solve your issues would benefit you instead of whining and hating on the Honda's you've owned!! Sorry, not Sorry

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sell it and buy an RMAX, just like many people here.

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We're gonna need to know what scale is being used here? When you say you give it an (8), is that out of (10)?
Yes a scale of 1 to 10. And the comparison is based on all the machines I've had and the money I've paid for each machine all plays into the score. Power, handling, response, suspension, ergonomics all come into play. I only had the razor for two rides and the transmission went out at 400 miles! That's why I didn't even rate the razor. I'm riding the Pioneer in Colorado not out on a farm in Kansas! I'm going to have to keep it a year or two before I can recoup the value.

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
and your RzR i'm sure was a 10, right? maybe coming here with trouble your having and many here to help solve your issues would benefit you instead of whining and hating on the Honda's you've owned!! Sorry, not Sorry
I've been riding for 20 years and these are my opinions! Especially spending $24,000. Didn't even rate the razor because the transmission went out after the second ride it only had 400 miles on it.
Evidently you don't ride in the mountains!

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I've been riding for 20 years and these are my opinions! Especially spending $24,000. Didn't even rate the razor because the transmission went out after the second ride it only had 400 miles on it.

Nope, NONE of us ride in the mountains! Even though the Pioneer Takeover was in the mountains of TN a couple of weeks ago and me and 300 of my buddies rode our Pioneers and Talons all week long without any problems. Several here have rode several mountain ranges and have rode Moab, Utah and the Paiute Trail without problems including me! Sorry to hear your unhappy with your purchase and all but we are here to help others.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do not like the Pioneer 1000 very much. Had to reroute the gas venting because of gas fumes in the cab.
Id take the fumes in the cab than that Fire Trap you had 🤣
Evidently you haven't read much on here that one of the first things you do is snorkel a P1 and yes that includes the gas tank, your sitting right under it 🤨🥳

Yes, many of us ride in the mountains, in fact we had a large group ride in 19’ in Lake City and Taylor Park Colorado. Were very familiar with the high elivations and how it can change the operations of a machine, any machine to be exact. I would suggest to do some research and use the search up top for both of those fixes with your altitude. Theres quite a few threads on it. Many of us are living proof that they work. Thats what were hear for is to help with those issues. Not one machine is perfect.

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Id take the fumes in the cab than that Fire Trap you had 🤣
Evidently you haven't read much on here that one of the first things you do is snorkel a P1 and yes that includes the gas tank, your sitting right under it 🤨🥳

Yes, many of us ride in the mountains, in fact we had a large group ride in 19’ in Lake City and Taylor Park Colorado. Were very familiar with the high elivations and how it can change the operations of a machine, any machine to be exact. I would suggest to do some research and use the search up top for both of those fixes with your altitude. Theres quite a few threads on it. Many of us are living proof that they work. Thats what were hear for is to help with those issues. Not one machine is perfect.
That's the problem for $24,000 I shouldn't have to. And the reverse gear is absolutely horrible. And I did reroute the gas line. And that's the problem these manufacturers build these things and we're the guinea pig. I guess you have a bunch of money to throw away I don't. And what machine is a fire trap the Teryx didn't get as hot as the pioneer! I owned Ranchers rubicon's foremans also in the ATVs. I'm not bashing Honda but they didn't get this one right

advertisement
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What came on your 2018 pioneer to cost 24,000 dollars the new 2022 model pioneer’s don’t cost that much I am thinking somebody may have got ripped off with 600 something miles on it did it have a lot of accessories on it to cost that much

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the JAH world.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's the problem for $24,000 I shouldn't have to. And the reverse gear is absolutely horrible. And I did reroute the gas line. And that's the problem these manufacturers build these things and we're the guinea pig. I guess you have a bunch of money to throw away I don't. And what machine is a fire trap the Teryx didn't get as hot as the pioneer! I owned Ranchers rubicon's foremans also in the ATVs. I'm not bashing Honda but they didn't get this one right
24k for a 4 year old machine?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
guess you have a bunch of money to throw away
Neagtive aka Nope!
about $200 or leas and u can snorkel add a Triggersheild and a bilge fan under the seat and those are fixed. thays not having money to throw away. Sounds like u need a Jeep but you wont be happy with the electrical in that and the accessories to add to make u happy. You dont have money to throw away so…. 🤷‍♂️

For what its worth, I have one of those SBH 16’ P1K5’s since it was new, little bit of elbow grease and ingenuity and she still runs great. No heat, no smells but the eternal combustion engine.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
And what machine is a fire trap
The RZR aka Poo Poo
9DEE259F ACAE 44FD B3B0 61D09C3403EE

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I purchased my BRAND NEW 22 deluxe for 21 grand. after coming from a RMAX....its darn near perfect. The pioneer is lacking compared but not as bad as several others I've owned. I think you paid about 6 grand to much

G

Gooseit69

May 12, 2022
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What came on your 2018 pioneer to cost 24,000 dollars the new 2022 model pioneer’s don’t cost that much I am thinking somebody may have got ripped off with 600 something miles on it did it have a lot of accessories on it to cost that much
Yes about $3,000 in accessories. And I couldn't have even gotten a new one till September here in Colorado. Plus adding all the surcharges and taxes it would have been way over what we wanted to pay

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!