P1000 not so cheap fix for heat issue

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
Just wanted to note that i do not experience the seat heat issues that others do. I installed the power commander for our unit. This seemed to have richened it up some and cooled things down. Apparently honda likes to lean things out some from the factory. this makes sense as that would allow for a functional range of altitudes that it would ride at. if you pick up a power commander and the autotune, you can really nail proper AFR #s and get it running perfect for your altitude.

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you notice anything else as far as performance gains from the power commander?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is that a listed item for sale? Or did you have to ask for it specifically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
nope and i wouldn't expect to. unlike passenger vehicles that have emissions standards to meet, OHV's don't. So with a performance chip on a standard car or truck in a non-emissions regulated state, they can adjust a good bit to really get some power out of them. Now on one of our OHV's they are actually tuned pretty well. Some manufactures do silly things like kawie pulling some timing out on the low end to reduce power on takeoff. the real power change will happen when a new high flow exhaust is added and or the intake design is changed. the engine now has more potential for a larger air volume to flow through. So with a power commander you can adjust the fuel curve to dump more fuel to compensate for more air.... more power.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
yea man, its right on their site.

Thank you, I'm going to look into this. I remember following this a while back when you started it but I had forgot about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
nope and i wouldn't expect to. unlike passenger vehicles that have emissions standards to meet, OHV's don't. So with a performance chip on a standard car or truck in a non-emissions regulated state, they can adjust a good bit to really get some power out of them. Now on one of our OHV's they are actually tuned pretty well. Some manufactures do silly things like kawie pulling some timing out on the low end to reduce power on takeoff. the real power change will happen when a new high flow exhaust is added and or the intake design is changed. the engine now has more potential for a larger air volume to flow through. So with a power commander you can adjust the fuel curve to dump more fuel to compensate for more air.... more power.
Didn't they just add catalystic converters to the 700 a while back? Seems like they have to meet some kind of requirement otherwise they'd leave that off?

Reactions: JACKAL and Hondasxs
S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
maybe so they can sell in california... but the rules for passenger cars vs OHV are very different. i mean some manufacturers have made it to where the computer adjust drastically at a certain RPM and gear that the emission board tests at just to pass.

D

dillonhart

Jun 10, 2016
shreveport, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
is the auto tune part of the 260 dollar purchase or in addition as an "option"? thanks

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
nope to different boxes. the autotune runs a datacable to the power commander.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!