P1000m5 Not what I expected from Honda

M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well everybody complains about the heat issue and I also have a problem with that, (in the process of add a 4" fan), but at 82 miles my transmission locked up with a code "E". After being towed back to my garage and calling Honda shop to schedule them to fix my transmission and do my first service I am not to happy with THIS Honda. I own 7 seven Honda's and love their products, not including Honda motors on my mower, tiller and power washer. I hope this is a fluke and they get it fixed right and quickly so I can see what else goes wrong next!!!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First welcome to the club and sorry to hear about your troubles. It kind of sounds like it is stuck in between gears. There is a manual over ride to remedy that. And some have rocked it hard and it has come out of it. I'll see if I can dig something up for ya.

M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First welcome to the club and sorry to hear about your troubles. It kind of sounds like it is stuck in between gears. There is a manual over ride to remedy that. And some have rocked it hard and it has come out of it. I'll see if I can dig something up for ya.
Thank you Sir, but I will try that next time but Honda Service department is getting it this time.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well everybody complains about the heat issue and I also have a problem with that, (in the process of add a 4" fan), but at 82 miles my transmission locked up with a code "E". After being towed back to my garage and calling Honda shop to schedule them to fix my transmission and do my first service I am not to happy with THIS Honda. I own 7 seven Honda's and love their products, not including Honda motors on my mower, tiller and power washer. I hope this is a fluke and they get it fixed right and quickly so I can see what else goes wrong next!!!

Sorry for your troubles. Were you just road riding or trail riding?

My wife has a friend from college from Chillocothe that she has visited several times and says the area there is quite beautiful.

You probably should change your location to just that though and leave out the actual address, never know who trolls these sites. ;)

Best of luck getting it fixed.

M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for your troubles. Were you just road riding or trail riding?

My wife has a friend from college from Chillocothe that she has visited several times and says the area there is quite beautiful.

You probably should change your location to just that though and leave out the actual address, never know who trolls these sites. ;)

Best of luck getting it fixed.
Thank you friend, will change the location but I ride in southern Ohio, Adams County....Gods Country!!!

Reactions: pct and sharp
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This happened to me when I first got mine. Hasn't happened since. Dealer had no clue, couldn't find any code with e. They called the regional guy and he said the same.

You could start it in park and n but as soon as you put it In gear the engine died.

All we did was put it in reverse and push it back about 2 feet and not one problem since with that particular issue.

Then my clutches died, got them fixed, so far so good.

It wasn't my cup of tea but as it's breaking in most of the issues are going away. I don't care for this tranny, it's personal preference, but it's not a deal breaker. If my clutches go out a second time that probably will be. Its more of a problem because after my warranty is over, I don't want to have to keep changing clutches every 200 miles. Say what you want about Cvt, we have beat the snot out of them and never had to change a belt.

Anyways, my point is only that none of this is the end of the world. I think I would be super disappointed if I had a 1000-3 because it's essentially a ranger. The 1000-5 brings something to the table that nobody else does, so for now, I'm content.

Good luck whatever path you take. Just do what makes you happy. Every machine is gonna have a particular set of problems, I think the trick is finding the machine where that set of problems doesnt correlate with your no fly list. That's why Yamaha is in business, some people don't care if they walk

And don't get the fabric upper doors for the front. I'm telling you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

This same sort of thing happened to me last weekend with the 500. Got out of it to check out a rock climb hill and left it running in gear with the wife still in it. Ended up yelling down to just turn it off which she did. Got back in and had to shift to N to start, just got a - on the screen, rolled it forward about a foot and it would then give me N, fired right up.

Reactions: GlockMeister
J

JTW

This happened to me when I first got mine. Hasn't happened since. Dealer had no clue, couldn't find any code with e. They called the regional guy and he said the same.

You could start it in park and n but as soon as you put it In gear the engine died.

All we did was put it in reverse and push it back about 2 feet and not one problem since with that particular issue.

It wasn't my cup of tea but as it's breaking in most of the issues are going away. I don't care for this tranny, it's personal preference, but it's not a deal breaker. If my clutches go out a second time that probably will be. Its more of a problem because after my warranty is over, I don't want to have to keep changing clutches every 200 miles. Say what you want about Cvt, we have beat the snot out of them and never had to change a belt.

Anyways, my point is only that none of this is the end of the world. I think I would be super disappointed if I had a 1000-3 because it's essentially a ranger. The 1000-5 brings something to the table that nobody else does, so for now, I'm content.

Good luck whatever path you take. Just do what makes you happy. Every machine is gonna have a particular set of problems, I think the trick is finding the machine where that set of problems doesnt correlate with your no fly list. That's why Yamaha is in business, some people don't care if they walk

Well said.. and I agree!

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
advertisement
M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks, I will try the reverse thing. Also your owners manual on trouble shooting the transmission talks about error code "E", on pages 298 I think.... I don't have my manual with me. But Thanks for the advice.

M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well finally got a chance to push my machine in reverse, and it did not help, so Saturday dropped it off at the Honda shop, spoke with the technician and said this was the first one to have this problem. (lucky me, naught) Says he fixed a few clutches but nothing like this. He is going to try to tear into it on Tuesday or Wednesday and let me know. Thanks for all the help on this forum, and will let everybody know as soon as they tell me what happened.

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum Hopefully they get you up and going

Reactions: Rayrule

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

And don't get the floor mats either! Paper thin waste of money.

Reactions: JTW
M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well got my machine back from Honda, A bolt came out of the transmission that controlled the shifting. Also said the clutch's where burnt, but said they though the factory did that?
Will take back to Honda for another service just to make sure everything is working as it should.
Thanks to this forum for advise and go big red!

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well got my machine back from Honda, A bolt came out of the transmission that controlled the shifting. Also said the clutch's where burnt, but said they though the factory did that?
Will take back to Honda for another service just to make sure everything is working as it should.
Thanks to this forum for advise and go big red!
At least they got it fixed fast

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!