P1000 OE Armstrong Dirt Master?

P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone!

I unfortunately had my first ”incident” with my 1000-5 today. I was scooting at a fair pace with my nephews and I got too close to a large rock that caught my front passenger tire pretty good. It caused a flat immediately. I don’t see any other damage thankfully.

I had it in mind to remove and take the whole wheel to a local discount tire so that they could check it to see if it can be fixed. I’m guessing not, so I would then order a replacement tire of the same kind because the tires only have about 250mi on them. But, I cannot for anything locate these tires online for sale or even on the Armstrong website. Are these available for purchase? Armstrong Dirt Master 27x9.00r14 is the brand /size.

Thx for any info you can provide!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone!

I unfortunately had my first ”incident” with my 1000-5 today. I was scooting at a fair pace with my nephews and I got too close to a large rock that caught my front passenger tire pretty good. It caused a flat immediately. I don’t see any other damage thankfully.

I had it in mind to remove and take the whole wheel to a local discount tire so that they could check it to see if it can be fixed. I’m guessing not, so I would then order a replacement tire of the same kind because the tires only have about 250mi on them. But, I cannot for anything locate these tires online for sale or even on the Armstrong website. Are these available for purchase? Armstrong Dirt Master 27x9.00r14 is the brand /size.

Thx for any info you can provide!
Probably best and cheapest option would be to buy a set of takeoffs from someone near by. Maybe check local dealers too. Most people upgrade at some point to a bigger/better wheel/tire set.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
What part of Michigan are you from?

Reactions: ChadD
P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wondering if I can just pick up something similar to the OE tire and run an odd ball in the front until I get around to replacing all four, maybe with an upgrade to have all one size.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m in Metamora.
🎶North Detroiiit!🎶
Wondering if I can just pick up something similar to the OE tire and run an odd ball in the front until I get around to replacing all four, maybe with an upgrade to have all one size.
Most likely you hit it so hard you blew it off the bead. NoHmo. Do u see any physical tears in the tire? If not, put a ratchet strap around the tire so the bead of the tire is touching the rim all the way around good, then give her some air from a compressor and you will eventually set the bead and the tire will be back on the wheel. Check for leaks with soapy water. Install in sxs and give her hell!

Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Like @Remington said, you may have just popped it off the rim. Do you see any actual damage to the tire? If not, it's an easy fix.

advertisement
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If the ratchet strap trick doesn't work due to low air volume from your compressor ........... you can give your tire about a quarter second burst "at most" of starting fluid ....... it don't take much at all ........ light it with a bbq lighter and it will pop the tire back on the bead ...... be ready to add air once it pops on.
It's a little spooky the first time you have to use this technique but works very well ............. Very little fluid goes a loooong ways .....

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
7sxwbsafes971

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If the ratchet strap trick doesn't work due to low air volume from your compressor ........... you can give your tire about a quarter second burst "at most" of COSBY IN A CAN ....... it don't take much at all ........ light it with a bbq lighter and it will pop the tire back on the bead ...... be ready to add air once it pops on.
It's a little spooky the first time you have to use this technique but works very well ............. Very little fluid goes a loooong ways WITH CONSENT AS BILL COSBY SAYS.....
Fixed it for ya🥳

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If the ratchet strap trick doesn't work due to low air volume from your compressor ........... you can give your tire about a quarter second burst "at most" of starting fluid ....... it don't take much at all ........ light it with a bbq lighter and it will pop the tire back on the bead ...... be ready to add air once it pops on.
It's a little spooky the first time you have to use this technique but works very well ............. Very little fluid goes a loooong ways .....
And if this is the first time he's gonna try this ....

POIDH!​

Video preferred.

P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was able to take a closer look with the wheel off the buggy. I see where the rock punctured the sidewall - about a dime size hole. Also I see where it hit the wheel but I’m hopeful it didn’t bend the rim and a new tire can be mounted. What do y’all think (pics attached).

Im
Thinking I need a new tire at least, so I’m back figuring how best to proceed in the short term. My OCD wants me to get an identical replacement, but my practical side says get something close and upgrade all four when it’s time to replace.

IMG 4101

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I see the damage on the left, but is this a crack or is that just dirt/crap that looks like a crack?

Screenshot 20240617 183203 DuckDuckGo

P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I see the damage on the left, but is this a crack or is that just dirt/crap that looks like a crack?

View attachment 433340
Just took a closer look and confirm that it’s of the dirt/crap variety. Below is a better pic. My finger is pointing to the tire damage and the wheel damage is directly above it.

IMG 4102

P

Punctilious1

Apr 4, 2024
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These sure look like my tires. Does anyone know if Armstrong Dirt Master is the same tire as OTR Dirt Master??

Reactions: Scoop and ChadD
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
These sure look like my tires. Does anyone know if Armstrong Dirt Master is the same tire as OTR Dirt Master??

"All Pioneer 1000 versions come with 14-inch wheels, and on the Forest Edition, they are blacked out. Upgraded OTR Dirt Master 6-ply tires (4-ply in 2021) became standard in 2022."

Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
advertisement