Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have not had the updates/ product improvement installs yet. I have aftermarket skid plates and heat shield. Has anyone had any grief from dealers with these types of mods installed when getting the improvements made? I don't want to take everything off to get the work done.

I had my DIY heat shield on when I took mine in for the clutch/heat improvement and they called saying they would just take mine off and if I thought it still needed it, I could put it back on later.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Question get the clutch improvement done on a 2017 pioneer with 35 miles on it or trade for a 2018 model they probably want give me nothing for mine and will just make me mad

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Question get the clutch improvement done on a 2017 pioneer with 35 miles on it or trade for a 2018 model they probably want give me nothing for mine and will just make me mad

If you're happy with your '17, why trade? I'm still loving my '16 with no plans to trade. As soon as my dealer gets in the "upgrades" I'm getting them done but other than that, I'm just going to keep on driving my "OLD" '16!

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just like to make my wife mad when I trade a lot especially trucks it ticks her off and yes I do like my 2017 pioneer I have almost everything on it that I want just got to find more time to ride I have had it almost a year

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Funny.

My wife just said, "you've had this truck for almost a year and a half. Isn't it time for a new one?"

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My wife would never say that to me because she knows that I would be sitting in the dealer parking lot before they opened the last time she told me to stop looking at auto trader and go buy one I did the next morning she has never said that to me again

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just dropped mine off at southern Honda powersports in Chattanooga Tennessee for the clutch update want be able to pick it up till the end of next week because of work will let y'all know how it is after the update. They said if they found any problems they would give me a call hopefully with just 35 miles on it there shouldn't be any problems.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Funny.

My wife just said, "you've had this truck for almost a year and a half. Isn't it time for a new one?"

Ha!...Been married 43 years, and between my trucks and my wife's cars...we keep everything for pretty much 10 +/- years, and run'm into the ground...got new cars/trucks in '77, '88, '99, and in 2014, sometimes buying older bikes/RV's, boats and such....and we now have $2m available just starting into retirement (1.5 yrs into it...). We also invested like maniacs. We never missed much, but buying new vehicles every-time you turn around is just fattn' up the pockets of the cigar chomp'n bankers. Don't go out on a limb for new $hit.

Do what you want, but here is some advise from an old fart...take that new truck/RV/boat/ cash and INVEST instead!! I'm off the soap box now, but...60+ will be here before you know it...and you don't want to work until you die...Ya want to party hard!

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey how bout starting an investment thread and give us some tips I never know what to look for when investing would like to start and get my son started

Reactions: elkguide
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Never knew what to invest in. Put $10K into a fund once and it went belly up so after that I just kept my bills all paid.

And yes, I'll be working into my 70's!

advertisement
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ha!...Been married 43 years, and between my trucks and my wife's cars...we keep everything for pretty much 10 +/- years, and run'm into the ground...got new cars/trucks in '77, '88, '99, and in 2014, sometimes buying older bikes/RV's, boats and such....and we now have $2m available just starting into retirement (1.5 yrs into it...). We also invested like maniacs. We never missed much, but buying new vehicles every-time you turn around is just fattn' up the pockets of the cigar chomp'n bankers. Don't go out on a limb for new $hit.

Do what you want, but here is some advise from an old fart...take that new truck/RV/boat/ cash and INVEST instead!! I'm off the soap box now, but...60+ will be here before you know it...and you don't want to work until you die...Ya want to party hard!
My dad did the same thing and towards the end spent it all on medical bills and then died worked out great for him. Don't overspend and don't over invest have a little fun when you're young and when you're old hopefully. Life itself is like throwing the dice. I had a cousin that died in his twenties and a grandma died in her hundreds no one knows. Take this with a grain of salt and go on.

Reactions: 0860silverado
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, please don't take any of my comments on how you spend your hard earned cash as bashing. To each his own! And your personal finance is nobody's business but your own.

All I'm saying is, in one blink of my eye, it seems like I went from being in my thirty's to being in my sixty's. My kids went from babies to grown with families. I can't even count how many dog's we've had! LOL

Ya don't want any regrets when you're in that rocker but ya sure want to be able to go raise some hell too when the time comes...You can only do what YOU think is right!

Reactions: 0860silverado
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not bashing we want some tips on what to look for when investing always wanted to do it but didn't know what to look for

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Honda dealer just called my clutch update is done going to pick it up tomorrow hopefully can put some miles on it next week to see how it feels

H

huxley2

Jan 13, 2018
Shreveport, La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Talked to my dealer service manager last week. Doesn’t have the parts but will put my name on the list. By the way, I’m #49 on the list, 48 ahead of me.

So, naturally I asked, when? He said they were getting 3 a month, but now expected to get enough soon- say in the next month. So, don’t have a clue.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dropped mine off at 10:30 this morning dealer called me at 3:10 this afternoon telling me it was finished. We drove to Chattanooga for the weekend so we’re gonna pick it up tomorrow and head home.

Mine was not slipping and apparently had no evidence of overheating. So no clutch swap.

I’m not sure what these multi-Brand dealers are telling people but if they aren’t saying “yes sir we will take care of you and get you back on the trail PDQ” I wouldn’t trust them any further than I could throw a burning RZR.

Edit: I went to Chattanooga Honda NOT Sothern PowerSports in Chattanooga, I had originally scheduled it for a few weeks ago but traveling on closed icy interstates was not ideal. Chattanooga Honda has probably 20 Pioneers on display so they sell one or two on occasion. They are NOT a multi-brand dealer.

The dealer 30mins from my house is a P****** dealer that sells other brands and you have to near force them under duress to acknowledge there is an update program they dog Honda and push P******.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Picked mine up yesterday from southern Honda powersports they did the clutch update and also did the seat heat update while it was there and man does this thing shift smooth can't even hardly tell when it shifts took it in last Saturday and it was ready by lunch Tuesday but because of work I couldn't pick it up till yesterday got to get some time to ride but so far it's a different machine so with the clutch update and the seat heat update done that should make my 17 model the same as an 18 model wouldn't you think unless Honda is hiding something we will see

T

Terminator

Feb 24, 2016
manitoba Canada
Anyone in Canada get the clutch improvement letter yet? Cannot get any action out of the dealer I bought from in Athabasca Alberta. Basically saying no letter, not action.
yes got 3 update letters one for clutch which turns out is shot, one for cab comfort, one for some heat shield, has just over 2000km on it, stock tires,no towing , no mudding, just easy trail riding, not impressed. and the dust in the cab sucks, glad I kept one Rincon. Now july 31 and still waiting for a clutch kit even called Honda there response is parts are back ordered ! not impressed.

Last edited:
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
yes got 3 update letters one for clutch which turns out is shot, one for cab comfort, one for some heat shield, has just over 2000km on it, stock tires,no towing , no mudding, just easy trail riding, not impressed. and the dust in the cab sucks, glad I kept one Rincon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!