P1000m3 offical clutch improvement letter

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
just got an official letter today from Honda stating that my 2017 pioneer 1000 was eligible for the product improvement. it states that the clutch improvement kit is suppose to let the NO.1 clutch run at lower temperatures. the letter also states how you should drive the pioneer to prevent these problems. the letter says the dealer will inspect your vehicle for NO. 1 clutch slippage and install the clutch improvement kit if necessary. it says the campaign ends September 30, 2020 or at the end of the factory limited warranty period or whichever comes first.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just got an official letter today from Honda stating that my 2017 pioneer 1000 was eligible for the product improvement. it states that the clutch improvement kit is suppose to let the NO.1 clutch run at lower temperatures. the letter also states how you should drive the pioneer to prevent these problems. the letter says the dealer will inspect your vehicle for NO. 1 clutch slippage and install the clutch improvement kit if necessary. it says the campaign ends September 30, 2020 or at the end of the factory limited warranty period or whichever comes first.

Indeed it fixes the clutch issue, you pretty much can’t hurt the clutch after the update if you use it within design parameters. 2000lb towing/1000lb load.

No fifth wheels.

More detail here

P1000 - VERIFIED - Official Pioneer 1000 Clutch Update!

Reactions: lee and Hondasxs
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Let us know how it works for you

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
just talked to the Honda dealer where I bought my pioneer 1000 from and told them that I got the letter from Honda on the clutch improvement. the service department said no problem just bring it in they had the parts in stock and I told them I just had 30 miles on the pioneer and that I wanted to get the improvement done before I had any problems he said no problem. I bought it at southern Honda power sports in Chattanooga Tennessee. I am going to try and take it up there the next few weeks will let everyone know how it turns out.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just talked to the Honda dealer where I bought my pioneer 1000 from and told them that I got the letter from Honda on the clutch improvement. the service department said no problem just bring it in they had the parts in stock and I told them I just had 30 miles on the pioneer and that I wanted to get the improvement done before I had any problems he said no problem. I bought it at southern Honda power sports in Chattanooga Tennessee. I am going to try and take it up there the next few weeks will let everyone know how it turns out.

Good luck. Bought mine there to save a few bucks. Worst experience ever.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good luck. Bought mine there to save a few bucks. Worst experience ever.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was supposed to take mine to Chattanooga Honda today but the Interstate and roads between here and there had ice on them so I decided to delay AGAIN due to icy weather. Snow and COLD ice I can handle but sheets of warmer wet ice is different.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have a 2016 P1K and have not received a clutch letter...Are all owners of the early machines suppose to get notice, hopefully...or did we have to register an earlier clutch complaint with Honda America??

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got my clutch letter today.It is a 2016 and never been to the shop.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just got my letter to fix the heat issue. No word about a clutch repair.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2017 pk-5. Received my clutch letter today.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my heat issue letter a couple of months ago
Just received the clutch letter today. Im now rethinking having it done sooner than later. Going to call my dealer and fill things out (Make sure they have a few under their belt).

Reactions: 0860silverado
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's says good until sep 30, 2020, or the end of sxs/mud limited warranty period. I purchased mine in may 2016, I am past the 1 year warrenty, so does that mean they won't do update. Can someone explain this.thx

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Someguy if you hadn't got a letter yet I would call my dealer and talk to them I can't see them not fixing one since they know there is a problem with the clutch.

Reactions: 0860silverado
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@Plongson it seams some guys are calling there dealer with out a letter and have no issues getting the update.
Some seam to be calling the American Honda number and creating a case file before going in.
Main point is dose your dealer know what is going on and do they care.
It seams dealers that carry only Honda, and the higher volume only Honda dealers have the best response.
Personally, if I did't get a good vibe when talking to the dealer I would try another dealer.

@Someguy its my understanding they will honer the update.
But my opinion is worth what it cost.
Give your local dealer (Honda only and high volume) a call and see what they say.
Or call the American Honda number, I'm sure they have feilded this question a few times.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Plongson it seams some guys are calling there dealer with out a letter and have no issues getting the update.
Some seam to be calling the American Honda number and creating a case file before going in.
It seams dealers that carry only Honda, and the higher volume only Honda dealers have the best response.
Personally, if I did't get a good vibe when talking to the dealer I would try another dealer.

Give your local dealer (Honda only and high volume) a call and see what they say.
Or call the American Honda number, I'm sure they have feilded this question a few times.
I got my letter about a month ago, I haven't talked to the dealer yet, I was not in a hurrry because i use it to plow snow, and thinking about waiting because it seems to works fine yet, and don't want to be without a plow. I have to go to a different dealer, the one i bought it from closed up last fall, they were in busness for at least 20yrs, and excelant service dept. There 3 dealers with in 50 mi. two of them service dept. is questionable. Another reason I was waiting was hoping they do a few and dont screw mine up. I guess I'll make some phone calls. I'll call Honda first and see what they say. thx guys

Reactions: CumminsPusher
S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I Called Honda, they will do update until sep 30, 2019, not 2020 like the letter says. As far as the warranty statement on the letter, it means they will cover replacement parts under a warranty period to insure it works properly.

Reactions: huxley2 and lee
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I got my letter long time ago told the shop that I bought it from lemonds in Fairfield Illinois. And they said I'd have to bring it in for them to disassemble determine what it needs and then order the parts and then replace them. They said Honda told them the procedure on how to fix it. So I told them when the clutch burns up they can just fix it for free.

Reactions: elkguide
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Get-the-gaff what was your experience with southern Honda in Chattanooga if you don't mind sharing. I talked to them and they said just bring my pioneer up there and they have the parts in stock and that I would need to leave it for a couple of days. I just talked to a smaller dealer and he said just bring in the clutch improvement letter and they would order the parts. I want it done right so I don't know which dealer to use. the small dealer may take more time on the clutch and pay more attention than a big dealer. what's your thoughts and neither dealer said anything about having to take it apart to see what they need besides I just have 30 miles on mine just want to get it done before there is any problems. also the guy at the small dealer said they have done quite a few already.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
HOLY COW!!!!!!

After all this time,my letter came today. I quickly called my dealer and he said that they would get the parts ordered and as soon as they came in they would call me and I could get it done!

Reactions: Mopower58

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!