Official 2020 Silverton Colorado Planner

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I wish that I could go when you guys do but I’ll have to settle on next week. Nothing less than 60% rain all week. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Child size T shirts are added to the store...👍

Reactions: Biteme
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just to get an idea of what this trip will be for everyone attending, who all has been to Silverton and moreover, who has rode the San Juan trail system and to what extent? Will we have mostly first timers or any with much prior working knowledge of the trails?
I'd post this question back on the first page if possible so it doesn't get lost in the pages if it were/is possible.
We have never been to Silverton. or even seen any of these trails

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Smitty335 should be (Lost sheep) lol.
Reminds me of a funny story, coming back from Ft Smith to NW Arkansas on the old business 71 over the mountain, had a bad truck wreck several miles up a head, traffic was at a stand still, I sat there for 30 minutes and realized I was just a couple hundred feet of the Chester turn off, I turned around and turned on the exit, a car waved me down said they were from Texas and needed to get to Fayetteville, asked me if I knew where I was going on these dirt roads, I replied yep, North, North West. They asked if they could follow me, I replied, if you want. So off we went on dirt roads, the roads just kept getting narrower and narrower and finally down to single lane with grass growing in the road, they waved me down and asked me if I was crazy, I replied yes. And took off, started recognizing the same rock formation at Devils Den, so kept going, came out at Prairie Grove, they waved me down again and asked where is Fayetteville, I replied turn East and you will there in 15 minutes, they drove off shaking there heads. I had a good chuckle out of that! True Story!

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If Arkansas 'mountain' trails are all you've ever been on, you're in for a treat! Being alpine, there aren't trees to block one's views. You can literally see for MILES! If you remember tower hill or high point at Wolfpen, they are only a weak taste of what you'll see there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You still planning on arriving at my place in New Mexico on Friday? I think Tram will be there Thursday, you have 8 in your gang right? We will leave sometime Sunday morning and caravan to Silverton. Probably going to be a long train lol....

advertisement
K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
E712dd2e8b863163706db71ddbde2c96
Rolling out tomorrow. Gonna be a wet week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Montecresto , My crew will be skipping through the Northeast corner of NM (Texline, Clayton, Raton) in the dark. Will there be any worries of being captured and quarantined:D :rolleyes: ?

• Haha
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Montecresto , My crew will be skipping through the Northeast corner of NM (Texline, Clayton, Raton) in the dark. Will there be any worries of being captured and quarantined:D :rolleyes: ?
Lol, being that stealthy, not likely.

Herbie

Herbie

Jul 26, 2019
Richmond, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have any spare wheels for a 2016 P1K5 Deluxe. Front preferably 9” front. I dont have a spare, and would like to get one for the trip. I am using stock 14” Deluxe wheels and 28”x10” tires. Been looking around, but cant find any.

Reactions: TimG
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
An important note - when you're coming from lower altitudes, altitude sickness can become a problem and usually presents itself above 10k feet. It starts as a headache, everyone should be asking themselves, their significant others and their kids "Do you feel ok, are you getting a headache?" The only 'cure' is to get back down below 10k feet as soon as possible. It can be limited by restricting yourselves to low exertion movements, get out, pee, get back in. :) No long hikes unless yer young and tough. Don't let your kids run themselves to exhaustion up there and it will take half as long. There are things you can do before the trip to help limit the effects but since I live here, I've forgotten them. One important point is to keep yourself hydrated, the humidity 'up there' is like 1% and just breathing (usually heavily) will dehydrate a human quickly.

My apologies if this video seems egotistical (not my intent and I'm not selling anything :)) and this isn't even the Silverton area but it is the Colorado high country and similar to what you'll see.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Anyone have any spare wheels for a 2016 P1K5 Deluxe. Front preferably 9” front. I dont have a spare, and would like to get one for the trip. I am using stock 14” Deluxe wheels and 28”x10” tires. Been looking around, but cant find any.
If you mean just to borrow for the ride, sure, I’ll loan you one......👍

Magleto

Magleto

and two stealthed rogues
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2017
Twin Lakes (Crescent), OK
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
An important note - when you're coming from lower altitudes, altitude sickness can become a problem and usually presents itself above 10k feet. It starts as a headache, everyone should be asking themselves, their significant others and their kids "Do you feel ok, are you getting a headache?" The only 'cure' is to get back down below 10k feet as soon as possible. It can be limited by restricting yourselves to low exertion movements, get out, pee, get back in. :) No long hikes unless yer young and tough. Don't let your kids run themselves to exhaustion up there and it will take half as long. There are things you can do before the trip to help limit the effects but since I live here, I've forgotten them. One important point is to keep yourself hydrated, the humidity 'up there' is like 1% and just breathing (usually heavily) will dehydrate a human quickly.

My apologies if this video seems egotistical (not my intent and I'm not selling anything :)) and this isn't even the Silverton area but it is the Colorado high country and similar to what you'll see.

Thank you, CID.... I had not given this enough thought. Will do our best to prepare.

Silverton is at about 9300ft. Does the group riding plan work our way to 12k+ ft gradually during the week or are we topping out on Monday?

Reactions: TimG and CID
D

DDDonkey

I have a stock rear I can bring along if you want, it is on a deluxe rim.

Reactions: Herbie and TimG
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Envious. Gonna try and do Crystal Mill later this year
1387A5B5 3668 4F13 AC79 E73727A0AECC
2C2F90A4 2895 4F7B AAF0 68E54DDE6C31

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!