Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We are down to the final countdown! 26 days as of 8-3.

Group dinner plans have been formalized. We are going to have hamburgers and hot dogs on likely Wednesday night. Us and Monte will be bringing the patties and dogs. We request everyone else bring buns, condiments, cheese, disposable plates and the like, drinks (likely of your own desire but maybe some for sharing), maybe a dessert if it can be whipped up there or safely stored and transported from home. We might want to have a contribution list so nothing is left out. We can determine the event location after scoping out the best place. May be at our cabin (it has a grill), the city park, or another suitable location. We are coming off season so we shouldn't be crowded.

One morning, my wife and Cyndi are planning on fixing a finger food breakfast (ham and cheese spinners, muffins, ham cheese and egg cups etc.). Bring your favorite morning liquid wake up!

The club founder, Richard, is planning on sending a package of shirts and a winch for a raffle that I will likely have Tramgauge officiate if he'll do the honors. I also have 50 ride logo stickers to share.

I'd like to have a group meet at the city park on Sunday evening with all who can attend to get radios tuned, ride questions answered, and the Monday blastoff planned.

As most of us are driving halfway of more across the US to get there, I would like to try for a fairly hard agreed upon takeoff time so as not to lose any more of a day's ride than absolutely necessary. We have had something ruin Monday for us the last 2 trips and the lost trail time is a real bummer after driving 950 miles!

Be sure and have liability insurance on your buggy and if you didn't prepurchase a trail sticker ($25.25), stop at the gas station at town entrance or Triangle Motel and get one.

I will bring a good camera and tripod for group photos.

Add you thoughts and ideas that can help make this as great a ride as possible!

Hondas in the San Juans 2020!!!
@wrwtexan we in for whatever help you need from the boss and I.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Health conditions is not going to allow me to make this trip! I'm out.......
Well damn. Sorry to hear. All the best to you Jimmy....🙏🏻

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks! This is a continuation of our annual ride and this has really taken off! If you have any suggestions, or have any points I've missed, post away! As far as help, I have no idea what else is needed...🤔
Last years ride turned out awesome. I do know the scheduled group dinners went over great with the ladies and families. Also gives everyone a couple chances to meet the other members.
The propane fire rings were a great big hit during the evenings. No smoke and you can get people 360° around them. I will have mine with me.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Last years ride turned out awesome. I do know the scheduled group dinners went over great with the ladies and families. Also gives everyone a couple chances to meet the other members.
The propane fire rings were a great big hit during the evenings. No smoke and you can get people 360° around them. I will have mine with me.
Do you have a link by chance for those. Or remember where you bought that?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you have a link by chance for those. Or remember where you bought that?
Here is one choice, there are many different ones to pick from. Not sure where ours came from, i have replaced the lava rocks twice. I know we have burned through at least 25 bottles #25 lb bottles.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here is one choice, there are many different ones to pick from. Not sure where ours came from, i have replaced the lava rocks twice. I know we have burned through at least 25 bottles #25 lb bottles.
Cool. Looks like it can be purchased with an 18’ hose to keep the tank far away...😎

Reactions: Tramguage1
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I will bring whatever is needed for a pitch in dinner

Group dinner plans have been formalized. We are going to have hamburgers and hot dogs on likely Wednesday night. Us and Monte will be bringing the patties and dogs. We request everyone else bring buns, condiments, cheese, disposable plates and the like, drinks (likely of your own desire but maybe some for sharing), maybe a dessert if it can be whipped up there or safely stored and transported from home. We might want to have a contribution list so nothing is left out. We can determine the event location after scoping out the best place. May be at our cabin (it has a grill), the city park, or another suitable location. We are coming off season so we shouldn't be crowded.

One morning, my wife and Cyndi are planning on fixing a finger food breakfast (ham and cheese spinners, muffins, ham cheese and egg cups etc.). Bring your favorite morning liquid wake up!

The club founder, Richard, is planning on sending a package of shirts and a winch for a raffle that I will likely have Tramgauge officiate if he'll do the honors. I also have 50 ride logo stickers to share.

I'd like to have a group meet at the city park on Sunday evening with all who can attend to get radios tuned, ride questions answered, and the Monday blastoff planned.

As most of us are driving halfway of more across the US to get there, I would like to try for a fairly hard agreed upon takeoff time so as not to lose any more of a day's ride than absolutely necessary. We have had something ruin Monday for us the last 2 trips and the lost trail time is a real bummer after driving 950 miles!

Be sure and have liability insurance on your buggy and if you didn't prepurchase a trail sticker ($25.25), stop at the gas station at town entrance or Triangle Motel and get one.

I'd be more than happy to bring whatever is needed for a pitch in dinner, just let me know.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4

Hondas in the San

If someone puts together a list of needed food or other supplies for the group dinners I will be glad to bring stuff or beer

Reactions: Pilgrim and TimG
D

DDDonkey

Maybe I missed it but will there be an itinerary posted of rides, starting points, get togethers, etc? I am happy to help if needed, just let me know.

Reactions: TimG
wrwtexan

wrwtexan

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I missed it but will there be an itinerary posted of rides, starting points, get togethers, etc? I am happy to help if needed, just let me know.
Dinner plans are on post 414. As far as ride plans, I have a route laid out for Monday (post 320) to get everyone up to speed if there are any that get a little weak kneed😄, after that, we can plan each day out together as far as ride together, split up, etc. I'd like to at least lead one more trip around the Alpine Loop and up to Golconda mine for those who'd like to go. There are a few hidden gems I have in mind also (hanging lake above the Mayflower Mill, Eureka Gulch above Sunnyside Mill).

Spektrum84

Spektrum84

Aug 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
There room for 1-2 more? Late to the party - I just brought home a Talon last weekend. Thought I'd get to CO before the end of summer do to what I've been wanting to do via dual sport bike but haven't done yet. My dad has expressed interest in coming with me for the trip.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There room for 1-2 more? Late to the party - I just brought home a Talon last weekend. Thought I'd get to CO before the end of summer do to what I've been wanting to do via dual sport bike but haven't done yet. My dad has expressed interest in coming with me for the trip.
Of course you’re welcome, bring pops too. You probably need to get right on accommodations though. I don’t know how full things are...👍

Post a picture of your Talon....

Reactions: TimG
Spektrum84

Spektrum84

Aug 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Of course you’re welcome, bring pops too. You probably need to get right on accommodations though. I don’t know how full things are...

Post a picture of your Talon....

Read through all 22 pages of this thread last night and remembered I had been wanting to get my amateur radio license. Local club was having a meeting last night so I went over and passed the tech level exam. I should be in the database before the trip. Already have an old mobile Kenwood I can mount so I may be working on that this week. This weekend I’ll see about getting some break-in miles done and find some cargo solutions.

Cda373b2d6322338a45b2af65f4165cb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've been fighting a rather debilitating sciatic nerve issue that is really wreaking havoc with my lower right back, right hip, thigh and knee. MRI indicates an extruded disc between my L4 and L5 lumbar vertebra- it's extruded 19mm - almost 3/4" - and is impinging on two root nerves, which is what's causing my anguish. The Silverton trip is touch and go for the wife and I at this point, although it seems to be subsiding to some degree. I'm awaiting counseling with my neurosurgeon before making any decisions.

To add insult to injury, I've got a condo lined up in Silverton through VRBO to the tune of about $1200 for five days. I doubt that we'll be able to get much if any refund other than the $400 security deposit at this late stage. It's been a really crap year so far. Hope things smooth out and we're able to make the trip.

BTW - I did take the Talon into the dealership this morning to have them check my tranny for the recall they've issued. She got a clean bill of health and a free oil change. 😁

Steve

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Pilgrim and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!