GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I guess the question is because that looks like it's gonna be hard for a normal person to get that's not a dealer. Does anyone know a competent dealer within say 8 hours from North east Arkansas or a dealer that would just be able to order those kits if I payed for them so I can install them
Ive been doing some buisness with leadbelt power sports with good luck so far. They are a mom and pop shop that sell only Honda and yamaha

Reactions: sharp
T

trailrider1205

Aug 30, 2017
Edgerton, ks
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Now that there is a clutch fix would one buy a New 2016 save a bunch of money or 2017 save some money or 2018 not have to deal with getting the updates done?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Now that there is a clutch fix would one buy a New 2016 save a bunch of money or 2017 save some money or 2018 not have to deal with getting the updates done?
I would get the 2018, then you have the following already installed not on any of the 2016 / 2017 typical models:

1. Water Ingestions fix - probably the most important, not having can cost you a denied warranty on hydro-locked engine, and a $9K repair bill.
2. Shielding shroud above radiator - stop hot air coming in through shifter holes, was introduced silently inline on 2017 models.
3. Hondas official seat heat fix - solves issue 75% of the way if running windshield and mid panel & roof together, either a tilt open windshield or bilge blower ($20) under seat on headers will correct the remaining 25% of the issue. / No windshield, likely won't notice heat at all.
4. Clutch Updates, would rather have the machine factory assembled with correct parts than risk QC issues from local dealer on a brand new machine.

That's just my 2 cents worth on paying $600 more for a new 2018 over the discounted 2016/2017 models on hand.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you were to purchase any year 1000 brand new today, you would have the option of have these campaigns completed before delivery to you.
If a sales guy is waiting on his commission, don't you think he will push a little harder to get you in and out first?

D

Doogy

Sep 10, 2017
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would get the 2018, then you have the following already installed not on any of the 2016 / 2017 typical models:

1. Water Ingestions fix - probably the most important, not having can cost you a denied warranty on hydro-locked engine, and a $9K repair bill.
2. Shielding shroud above radiator - stop hot air coming in through shifter holes, was introduced silently inline on 2017 models.
3. Hondas official seat heat fix - solves issue 75% of the way if running windshield and mid panel & roof together, either a tilt open windshield or bilge blower ($20) under seat on headers will correct the remaining 25% of the issue. / No windshield, likely won't notice heat at all.
4. Clutch Updates, would rather have the machine factory assembled with correct parts than risk QC issues from local dealer on a brand new machine.

That's just my 2 cents worth on paying $600 more for a new 2018 over the discounted 2016/2017 models on hand.
Excellent points. Thanks for weighing in!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well I guess the question is because that looks like it's gonna be hard for a normal person to get that's not a dealer. Does anyone know a competent dealer within say 8 hours from North east Arkansas or a dealer that would just be able to order those kits if I payed for them so I can install them
Ill make a call

Reactions: sharp and Kilo427

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just wish that one day all these iPhone packin, generation of instant gratification millennials wake up to the fact these are non climate controlled offroad machines, designed to be ridden in appropriate protective clothing & gear rather than leggings, shorts. If your wearing pants and a full shirt not exposing your tramp stamp the steam won't reach bare skin. If you want all the starbucks laden anemities pony up $34K and buy a Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition, AC, tunes, even a hotline for puds who don't know how to change a tire.

Otherwise......
View attachment 53878

Dust, mud, atmospheric elements, it's all part of the ride. So man up get in and ride, or sit there sipping your latte pissin and moaning on your iPhone.
Duuuude...you need a Xanax.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just wish that one day all these iPhone packin, generation of instant gratification millennials wake up to the fact these are non climate controlled offroad machines, designed to be ridden in appropriate protective clothing & gear rather than leggings, shorts. If your wearing pants and a full shirt not exposing your tramp stamp the steam won't reach bare skin. If you want all the starbucks laden anemities pony up $34K and buy a Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition, AC, tunes, even a hotline for puds who don't know how to change a tire.

Otherwise......
View attachment 53878

Dust, mud, atmospheric elements, it's all part of the ride. So man up get in and ride, or sit there sipping your latte pissin and moaning on your iPhone.

Come on Jackal. We're all friends here.

Go ahead and tell us how you really feel!

advertisement
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

Otherwise......
View attachment 53878

Hold on now I like them there latteas and i got an iPhone! What you trying to say there partner! Yah I wanna hustle!? If so, well I'll just crawl into a fetal ball and call my senator ;) lol

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Where are you finding a 2016 priced $600 below an 2018? Theres a dealer in Baltimore selling a 2016 deluxe for $11,800. That's like $3500 under the 2017 model

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where are you finding a 2016 priced $600 below an 2018? Theres a dealer in Baltimore selling a 2016 deluxe for $11,800. That's like $3500 under the 2017 model
Crap that's way less than I paid last year. To me it would be worth getting the upgrades after the fact to save 3500. That's allot of money left for accessories.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and nbomar
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I would guess that item #4 is the only one that matters to you - Items 1-3 are just for the millennials, right?

Waylan

Reactions: sharp
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Hold on now I like them there latteas and i got an iPhone! What you trying to say there partner! Yah I wanna hustle!? If so, well I'll just crawl into a fetal ball and call my senator ;) lol

I'm starting to feel threatened, where is my safe place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Of course you must leave your i-Phone in the house.

Reactions: my99svt
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm starting to feel threatened, where is my safe place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4a475dbc4d94482ff3199a2653159f11

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!