SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
No

No reply as of now.
I'll have to agree with the above statement. They're just cold. An unfortunate side effect of winter. 🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, I think you may have received nuts with a different chamfer from a different kit. That's what I'm looking into now. I'm getting the machine and order info so I can check out a box.

Idahotruckman

Idahotruckman

Feb 15, 2021
Boise, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
What was SuperATV's response?
Thx...
I believe we can wrap this thread up soon.
Superatv has been good about communication and have provided good service. In a nut-shell, The lug nuts from Superatv that came with the wheel spacers were a little longer than the factory ones. The band of metal that circles the nut separating the head from the thread on the Satv is a smidgen wider. The taper angle appears to be the same, but the taper length is shorter on the factory nut. In the attached picture, the left nut is factory, and the longer one on the right is from Superatv.
I heard from Superatv today and they instructed me to install the shorter factory wheel nuts on to the spacers to secure the spacer on to the hub, and to then use their provided longer wheel lug nuts to secure the factory wheel on to the spacers.
I am still a little uncomfortable with threads still showing on the nuts holding on the spacers, but will re-install blue loctite on the wheel studs and hope for the best. The instructions do not indicate any suggestions as to wheel torque specs - waiting to hear from them on that. The manual indicates the wheel lug nuts should be torqued to 98 ft lbs.
Thank you to all of you that offered suggestions and help. You guys are top notch in my book, and I am happy I joined this forum. Thank you also to Superatv's response.
I did tell Superatv that if my wheels fall off I will let them know. In that event I will be more than a little grumpy. :mad:
🤠

210309 Left nut from Pioneer 500 right from superatv with spacers

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I believe we can wrap this thread up soon.
Superatv has been good about communication and have provided good service. In a nut-shell, The lug nuts from Superatv that came with the wheel spacers were a little longer than the factory ones. The band of metal that circles the nut separating the head from the thread on the Satv is a smidgen wider. The taper angle appears to be the same, but the taper length is shorter on the factory nut. In the attached picture, the left nut is factory, and the longer one on the right is from Superatv.
I heard from Superatv today and they instructed me to install the shorter factory wheel nuts on to the spacers to secure the spacer on to the hub, and to then use their provided longer wheel lug nuts to secure the factory wheel on to the spacers.
I am still a little uncomfortable with threads still showing on the nuts holding on the spacers, but will re-install blue loctite on the wheel studs and hope for the best. The instructions do not indicate any suggestions as to wheel torque specs - waiting to hear from them on that. The manual indicates the wheel lug nuts should be torqued to 98 ft lbs.
Thank you to all of you that offered suggestions and help. You guys are top notch in my book, and I am happy I joined this forum. Thank you also to Superatv's response.
I did tell Superatv that if my wheels fall off I will let them know. In that event I will be more than a little grumpy. :mad:
🤠

View attachment 259929

Good deal, SuperATV has a reputation for excellent customer service so glad to hear that. Spacers are normally torqued the same as the wheel lugs.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I wouldn’t worry about the nut being a little longer than the stud as long as you have plenty of thread engagement. Think about it like an acorn nut or a lug nut that’s closed on the end, these nuts always have more thread than needed you just can’t see them.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Yep, we just have long different shaped nuts.
Ok, no more nut jokes... 🤣
I guess we made them all pretty universal for all the different wheel spacer/adapter fitments from machine to machine. Makes it easier. They're all a little longer to work with all the studs, and threaded all the way through. I had to go check to see if for my self. Lol!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!