Ohio riders? Post up

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Seen a recent post with several ohio members. Can we get any active members from Ohio post up with your location and machine?

I'm from West Central Ohio, not far off 75, Sidney area between Lima and Dayton. Riding a P500 waiting, waiting, waiting on a Honda sport model!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seen a recent post with several ohio members. Can we get any active members from Ohio post up with your location and machine?

I'm from West Central Ohio, not far off 75, Sidney area between Lima and Dayton. Riding a P500 waiting, waiting, waiting on a Honda sport model!
NEOhio, as the screenname implies. Just east of Cleveland.
I will be in your area this weekend. I am heading to Eldora tomorrow afternoon.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
NEOhio, as the screenname implies. Just east of Cleveland.
I will be in your area this weekend. I am heading to Eldora tomorrow afternoon.

Yep, I'm not far from Eldora. Less than 20 mins from work, and not much farther from home. Been there a few times for small races.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I'm not far from Eldora. Less than 20 mins from work, and not much farther from home. Been there a few times for small races.
My father comes down from Hamilton Ont every spring for this event. This is the 5th year we have went. We have a bunch of friends that make the trek from London Ont as well.

Reactions: Vondy and Chooglin
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Canton, OH with a P500

Along with
2 - 400EX's
A CRF110F (my son's)
Honda Mower
Honda Snowblower
Honda powered pressure washer
So one day, if a Honda ever makes a sport SxS it will definitely be added to our ever growing collection.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Springfield (or just south of it).
We should do a day ride.
Or if anyone goes for a ride post up.

My wife and daughter are just finishing the semester.
We will probably go to Pike or Perry SF for a day ride.
Once we get on top of the yard and pick a date i will throw out a general invite.
(Note: this is not an official sanctioned HondaSxS.com ride, no event stickers or swag will be provided. @JTW will not be in attendance to demonstrate how to roll a SxS or bust an axle)

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
West Jefferson, just southwest of Columbus. I was at Perry last weekend with the rancher. I have concerns about my P1k5 fitting in places there. They claim the opening is 62" but it's a long way to trailer and not fit.

J

JTW

Springfield (or just south of it).
We should do a day ride.
Or if anyone goes for a ride post up.

My wife and daughter are just finishing the semester.
We will probably go to Pike or Perry SF for a day ride.
Once we get on top of the yard and pick a date i will throw out a general invite.
(Note: this is not an official sanctioned HondaSxS.com ride, no event stickers or swag will be provided. @JTW will not be in attendance to demonstrate how to roll a SxS or bust an axle)
I feel like this was a nice was of saying “f*** you jtw.. you’re not invited”!!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I feel like this was a nice was of saying “f*** you jtw.. you’re not invited”!!
@JTW your always invited.
Its just a little 'poke the bear' activity on my part. :rolleyes:

But i have to warn you, Ohio is a 50" state.
We can forgive @Neohio for not knowing any better.
But had a p500 and decided you needed to compensate a little more...

Reactions: Vondy and JTW
J

JTW

@JTW your always invited.
Its just a little 'poke the bear' activity on my part. :rolleyes:

But i have to warn you, Ohio is a 50" state.
We can forgive @Neohio for not knowing any better.
But had a p500 and decided you needed to compensate a little more...
Lol... Seems the PK5 still wasn't enough compensation.. I’m actually looking at this now.

07DDCE9C 33EE 44BB 9EF2 DB5C89E0C672

ALM76

ALM76

L-I-V-I-N
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2017
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
West Jefferson, just southwest of Columbus. I was at Perry last weekend with the rancher. I have concerns about my P1k5 fitting in places there. They claim the opening is 62" but it's a long way to trailer and not fit.
We saw a Maverick X3 (62") at a poker run last season. He managed pretty good but never saw him attempt the gate. There are trails that bypass the gates he may have used. You could bring the rancher back down and get a better idea/feel for the place. I'll have to measure the gate next time we are down there.

Reactions: Vondy
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been riding the dirt bikes there for 30 years. I never paid attention to the gate until 3 weeks ago. I know the ways around the gates, but not sure if the rangers would check width if they are there. I would hate to plan a ride for everyone and then not be able to participate.

I will take the P1k5 along the next time I take the dirtbike and test it. Unless someone else can verify a stock one will or won't fit.

Reactions: Vondy and ALM76
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm heading to Perry APV tomorrow morning. I will update with the results of a stock tire/ wheel and suspension on a P1K5 and the 62" gates. I'm also going to see if it can make it through the waterfall section. The bike is my insurance policy.

20180521 193756

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It fits through the gates at both ends. The state is generous with their 62" rule. I had almost 2" each side.
I also made it through one of the go around trails, it's not really wide enough for a 1000. I also got to do some winching because the cheater lines around some of the puddles aren't wide enough.

It will be a fun get together if we choose Perry.

20180522 095152 20180522 100031 20180522 103100

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It fits through the gates at both ends. The state is generous with their 62" rule. I had almost 2" each side.
I also made it through one of the go around trails, it's not really wide enough for a 1000. I also got to do some winching because the cheater lines around some of the puddles aren't wide enough.

It will be a fun get together if we choose Perry.

View attachment 76471 View attachment 76472 View attachment 76473

Nice! Looks like you had a good time.

Reactions: Vondy
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Johnstown, Ohio
P500.
@ALM76 and I have explored the bottom of that hole once or twice. I think his wife got her boot wet there.
Did you fit down the water fall?

They have a poker run in the fall. @ALM76 may have the 2018 date.

Reactions: Vondy and ALM76

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!