seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m 2 hours south west of Lexington.. Rough River Lake
Oh hell's bells, that'd be quite a drive for you then! lol Don't know why, could have sworn i read somewhere that you were east of Lexington. Have to be a nice park to make it worth that drive then. lol

J

JTW

Oh hell's bells, that'd be quite a drive for you then! lol Don't know why, could have sworn i read somewhere that you were east of Lexington. Have to be a nice park to make it worth that drive then. lol
Mehh, no big deal. I’d be game. Everything is an hour from here anyway. What’s another hour?

Reactions: seig
seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mehh, no big deal. I’d be game. Everything is an hour from here anyway. What’s another hour?
Yeah, guess you're right, used to drag the rzr down to Hatfield McCoy all the time, was about 4.5 to 5hrs depending on traffic. REALLY sucks finding a descent place to ride from where i'm at. Hell, the Tecumseh trails will be over 2hr drive and that's about the closest one to me. Haven't checked out Rush yet either, but heard good things about it.

Reactions: dnjones161 and JTW
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, guess you're right, used to drag the rzr down to Hatfield McCoy all the time, was about 4.5 to 5hrs depending on traffic. REALLY sucks finding a descent place to ride from where i'm at. Hell, the Tecumseh trails will be over 2hr drive and that's about the closest one to me. Haven't checked out Rush yet either, but heard good things about it.

You want to talk about a place that's rutted out from Jeeps and sandrails: Rush takes the cake. We went last fall and literally walked a four wheeler down several hills they were so bad. Trails terribly marked to.. just ended a hundred yards in. We are spoiled with HM maybe, but I wouldn't waste a trip back to Rush.

Wildcat OffRoad was just a little further, and it's not HM but it's worth the extra hour of you are looking for something different imo.

Reactions: Vondy and seig
seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You want to talk about a place that's rutted out from Jeeps and sandrails: Rush takes the cake. We went last fall and literally walked a four wheeler down several hills they were so bad. Trails terribly marked to.. just ended a hundred yards in. We are spoiled with HM maybe, but I wouldn't waste a trip back to Rush.

Wildcat OffRoad was just a little further, and it's not HM but it's worth the extra hour of you are looking for something different imo.
WOW! No kidding? Man that's sad to hear, was looking forward to heading down there some time...I love the HM trails tho.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WOW! No kidding? Man that's sad to hear, was looking forward to heading down there some time...I love the HM trails tho.
That was our experience. I know a lot of guys on the forum go, maybe someone else has had better luck, but I wouldn't go back.

It was late season so maybe they were just slacking on their up-keep, but I know that stuff can be groomed out. We've ridden Bearwallow at Hatfield McCoy several times: they allow full sized trucks and it's never like that.

seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That was our experience. I know a lot of guys on the forum go, maybe someone else has had better luck, but I wouldn't go back.

It was late season so maybe they were just slacking on their up-keep, but I know that stuff can be groomed out. We've ridden Bearwallow at Hatfield McCoy several times: they allow full sized trucks and it's never like that.
Dang it!! There goes the second closest one to me!!! LOL I agree about the HM trails, been a couple years now, but when i was going down regularly, they were doing a great job keeping up the trails.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang it!! There goes the second closest one to me!!! LOL I agree about the HM trails, been a couple years now, but when i was going down regularly, they were doing a great job keeping up the trails.

Yeah it's a bummer. There's Haspen Acres in Indiana (hour and a half maybe?), but even my rowdier friends have told me to stear clear of that place. Said to be very rutted and full of booze/wrecks.

There's a guy on here from PA that gave a pretty good review of a place called "Mines and Meadows"...looks like it's just across the line, maybe 3.5ish hours from you? They had a few iffy reviews online, but I'm thinking about checking that out next summer after the thumbs up from a local. I wanna say that was on the p1k picture thread.

I have heard great things about northern Michigan too, but that's a haul. It would be nice to have a couple places with an hour or so that you could go for the day, or a quick overnight. Maybe a business opportunity!

J

JTW

Yeah it's a bummer. There's Haspen Acres in Indiana (hour and a half maybe?), but even my rowdier friends have told me to stear clear of that place. Said to be very rutted and full of booze/wrecks.

There's a guy on here from PA that gave a pretty good review of a place called "Mines and Meadows"...looks like it's just across the line, maybe 3.5ish hours from you? They had a few iffy reviews online, but I'm thinking about checking that out next summer after the thumbs up from a local. I wanna say that was on the p1k picture thread.

I have heard great things about northern Michigan too, but that's a haul. It would be nice to have a couple places with an hour or so that you could go for the day, or a quick overnight. Maybe a business opportunity!
Mines and meadows looks cool... I forget who it was that went there this summer. Maybe @Neohio or @lee

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mines and meadows looks cool... I forget who it was that went there this summer. Maybe @Neohio or @lee
We went to Mines and Meadows over the summer with @Asarkozi
You have to wear helmets. No extreme trails that we came across.
I'd go back, but only once a year. The family we camp next to has the seasonal family pass. He goes quite a bit with his kids in the summer. But he has weird work hours, so he typically has weekdays off when they are less busy.

J

JTW

We went to Mines and Meadows over the summer with @Asarkozi
You have to wear helmets. No extreme trails that we came across.
I'd go back, but only once a year. The family we camp next to has the seasonal family pass. He goes quite a bit with his kids in the summer. But he has weird work hours, so he typically has weekdays off when they are less busy.
It has the mine you drive through, right?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It has the mine you drive through, right?
They do have a mine tour. I believe it is $5 per machine for a guided tour. We did not partake.
I don't remember if we bought a trail map. But I doubt the mine tour would be on it.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
For us Dirty Turtle is about the closest decent place. Next would be Wildcat. Buds in Eaton is ok for a quick one day trip. Best in my opinion is TN, 5-6 hrs for us, Brimstone, TWRA, Windrock. We haven't been to Hatfield McCoy, hopefully this coming year. I would also like to try Tecumseh Trails.

I've been to Haspin a couple times with Jeep. It's basically a big playground, trails everywhere thats drivable. No intentions of going back.

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So you don’t like heights or holes?
There was 5 machines. None of us wanted to spend the extra coin to go on a tour. If we would have come across it ourselves is one thing. But a low speed, no obstacle ride wasn't what we wanted.
Mines and meadows has a fair amount of dirt bikes and quads. They are definitely the majority on the weekends.

Edit, The hours suck! 9am until sunset.

C

Chooglin

I've been to Mines and Meadows 3-4 times and I enjoy it there. We usually camp at the camp grounds across the street from the trail system. They do have a few extreme trails and hill climbs there , but nothing like what you would see at HM Or RRB.

Few pics of the power line and mine entrance.

FB IMG 1467734779233 FB IMG 1473172396861 Screenshot 2016 10 02 08 49 22 FB IMG 1467734760745 FB IMG 1467734672781

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
For us Dirty Turtle is about the closest decent place. Next would be Wildcat. Buds in Eaton is ok for a quick one day trip. Best in my opinion is TN, 5-6 hrs for us, Brimstone, TWRA, Windrock. We haven't been to Hatfield McCoy, hopefully this coming year. I would also like to try Tecumseh Trails.

I've been to Haspin a couple times with Jeep. It's basically a big playground, trails everywhere thats drivable. No intentions of going back.

I live 20 min from Haspin Acres in Laurel. The locals refuse to ride there for the simple reason of to many jeeps and to many idiots. Its terribly rutted out anymore and aircare is flown in almost weekly!!

Reactions: seig and Vondy
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Utica ohio here I've ridden Tecumseh. I've not ridden other parks but the group I was with had been to Perry and Wayne several times. They said that Tecumseh was the roughest place they had been. I struggled in a 1000 3 seat. This pic was from an attempt to get past some ruts. Enough trottle to slide through the ruts was enough to fly out out them and land on the edge of the path with the driver side in the pass side rut. There were several machines with 30+ inch tires running around and most of the park was very rutted and impassable for a stock pioneer without a winch. I'll try again this year with some mods to my 1000.

IMG953186

Reactions: Vondy
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Utica ohio here I've ridden Tecumseh. I've not ridden other parks but the group I was with had been to Perry and Wayne several times. They said that Tecumseh was the roughest place they had been. I struggled in a 1000 3 seat. This pic was from an attempt to get past some ruts. Enough trottle to slide through the ruts was enough to fly out out them and land on the edge of the path with the driver side in the pass side rut. There were several machines with 30+ inch tires running around and most of the park was very rutted and impassable for a stock pioneer without a winch. I'll try again this year with some mods to my 1000.

View attachment 120790

Uh oh might have to wait until it dries up a bit before we check that out

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!