BOX1

Ohio riders? Post up

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Always south to KY or TN. Brimstone, Royal Blue, Rush, Wildcat, DTOR.

You should try to make it to Pioneer Takeover next year.

We started at HM a couple of years ago and have ventured off the beaten path a few times but always seem to wander back. Just soo well taken care of and well marked trails. Not to mention being able to eat right on the trails . I took my mom to Wildcat in August when I first got the p1000 as a break in trip, thats a pretty nice place. Easy drive down. Dad and I went to Rush last fall after season. We weren't all that crazy about it. Short drive but he has a Foreman and wasn't thrilled about some of the rutted out downhills from all the Jeeps and sandrails. He actually walked his four wheeler down several hills. I imagine it's better groomed in season? I have buddies that sing Windrock's praises but some RZR guys at Wildcat tild me I'd hate it in a Pioneer. Still too new for me to be crazy about taking it over large rock walls/drop offs.

I never did see dates for the take over for 2019, was it decided? It's at RRB every year right? Sounds like a cool event I've def been keeping an eye on it.

Reactions: Vondy
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I would listen muchbto those RZR guys. Some RZR guys told me I couldn’t handle Brimstone with my machine. I had no issues and rode with RZR 900 and CanAm 1000. I think I winched once that they didn’t have to and I run a little P500.
We ran Windrock many years ago in Jeeps but not with Sxs yet. I think there would be plenty of trails to do without getting crazy. We will likely next year. They are well marked. RRB is also well marked.
HM is also on our list to hit.

Takeover dates have been announced to lifetime and supporting members. Should be release soon to general public. We have our camping spots booked!!!!

We started at HM a couple of years ago and have ventured off the beaten path a few times but always seem to wander back. Just soo well taken care of and well marked trails. Not to mention being able to eat right on the trails . I took my mom to Wildcat in August when I first got the p1000 as a break in trip, thats a pretty nice place. Easy drive down. Dad and I went to Rush last fall after season. We weren't all that crazy about it. Short drive but he has a Foreman and wasn't thrilled about some of the rutted out downhills from all the Jeeps and sandrails. He actually walked his four wheeler down several hills. I imagine it's better groomed in season? I have buddies that sing Windrock's praises but some RZR guys at Wildcat tild me I'd hate it in a Pioneer. Still too new for me to be crazy about taking it over large rock walls/drop offs.

I never did see dates for the take over for 2019, was it decided? It's at RRB every year right? Sounds like a cool event I've def been keeping an eye on it.

Reactions: dnjones161
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I am on the Ohio/Indiana state line. Close to Hamilton, Ohio. P500. I’ve rode at Pike state forest and Franklin Furnace a long time ago! Would like to go on rides with others

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would listen muchbto those RZR guys. Some RZR guys told me I couldn’t handle Brimstone with my machine. I had no issues and rode with RZR 900 and CanAm 1000. I think I winched once that they didn’t have to and I run a little P500.
We ran Windrock many years ago in Jeeps but not with Sxs yet. I think there would be plenty of trails to do without getting crazy. We will likely next year. They are well marked. RRB is also well marked.
HM is also on our list to hit.

Takeover dates have been announced to lifetime and supporting members. Should be release soon to general public. We have our camping spots booked!!!!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for when dates are released to us common folk, sounds like a blast. We've been wanting to check out RRB for a while anyhow.

Reactions: Chooglin and Vondy
D

dealer6

Feb 1, 2017
Hubbard
Hubbard Ohio
P1K5
Working her today
Db1ce15248b98275c83c8529f032ec8a8f35895512a557a554bb9c34dae56d4b

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am over all happy with the shocks. I would like to compare them to the fox shocks. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to test drive an LE and mine over the same terrain soon. I love the increased clearance, lack of body roll and flex they give. I still have some bottoming issues in certain circumstances and I am trying to tune that out without making the ride harsh. Higher shock speeds are one place a nitrogen charged shock might be better than these. Slower trail riding<20mph I think these are hard to beat.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am on their Facebook group and want to go. We've made 4 trips to Perry APV park real close to there. The state parks are closed until April 15th so we would be up for meeting people at Tecumseh.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
West central Ohio here, east of Indian Lake. Has anyone checked out Tecumseh Trails yet? Tecumseh Trails

I have not but it's been on our radar. My buddy bought a Rancher down that way last year from a guy that knows the people that own it- he said it was a cool property and worth checking out. Seemed to think pretty highly of the owners.

You'll have to keep us posted if you go down to check it out. If the weather breaks this winter I wouldn't be opposed to giving it a shot.

seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, I've been wanting to check them out too. A friend at work has a brother that's been down a few times, says he really likes it. He said it's so new that the trails aren't fully developed, but also not all rutted out and torn up from the full size vehicles YET. Says it's well worth the time to check it out. I have my new P1K-3 front end torn down right now installing forward arched a-arms and winch, but should have it back together by end of week (waiting on new ball joints). Then need to get a few dozen miles on it in the fields around the house to make sure i'm not gonna have any of the overheating problems I've been reading about on here. Took the day off work today to go get her registered and everything, so i should be ready to go by the end of next week. Let me know if you guys are planning on heading down any time after that and i'll do the same. That's not too far from JTW's neck of the woods if i'm not mistaken, we should hit him up too!

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tecumseh is over by New Lexington between Perry APV and Wayne national.

@JTW is in Kentucky. Wildcat is in Kentucky about an hour north of Royal Blue. I'm not positive what part of Kentucky he's in, but I'm sure you just follow the banjo music.

seig

seig

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

@JTW is in Kentucky. Wildcat is in Kentucky about an hour north of Royal Blue. I'm not positive what part of Kentucky he's in, but I'm sure you just follow the banjo music.
LOL!
Yeah, I've been wanting to check them out too. A friend at work has a brother that's been down a few times, says he really likes it. He said it's so new that the trails aren't fully developed, but also not all rutted out and torn up from the full size vehicles YET. Says it's well worth the time to check it out. I have my new P1K-3 front end torn down right now installing forward arched a-arms and winch, but should have it back together by end of week (waiting on new ball joints). Then need to get a few dozen miles on it in the fields around the house to make sure i'm not gonna have any of the overheating problems I've been reading about on here. Took the day off work today to go get her registered and everything, so i should be ready to go by the end of next week. Let me know if you guys are planning on heading down any time after that and i'll do the same. That's not too far from JTW's neck of the woods if i'm not mistaken, we should hit him up too!
EDIT:
I was just reading thru their rules, and it says no Jeeps, Railbuggies etc. etc. Sooo, not sure if that's a new rule, or friends brother had the wrong info about the full sizers tearing the place up??? IDK, be more fun to just go check it out in person anyway!!

J

JTW

I’m 2 hours south west of Lexington.. Rough River Lake

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m 2 hours south west of Lexington.. Rough River Lake
I did a stent down in Owensboro a couple years ago. Thats a beautiful area. Couple good motocross tracks in that area I rode quite a bit when I was down there.

Reactions: seig
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!