Oil change

H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US
Need to do my initial 100 mi service, thought about doing it myself instead of the dealer. Where did you guys buy the oil, o-rings, filters from? I see Amazon has an "oil change kit" that seems to have most everything needed, anyone buy that? Or did you find something better? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used eBay, I've never used Amazon but whichever is cheapest including shipping. I did notice on eBay that a product will be super cheap and then they make up for it with astronomical shipping prices. I use GN4 10w40 because it stays warm here a great deal.

H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US
Thanks, I was wondering about eBay. Yeah, have to watch the shipping, they like jack the price up in shipping costs!

Joshua2639

Joshua2639

Jul 30, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would be cautious buying OEM from Amazon or Ebay - both have issues with the sale of counterfeit items and neither has done much to put controls in place to prevent knock-offs. I am sure there are plenty of good sellers on both sites, but it is hard to tell what you are going to get.

H

HondaSXS1343

Aug 15, 2020
US
I tried eBay but was cautious and bought from a reputable business that has a store front, and is located in the US. I would be extremely cautious buying from a seller not located in the US.

Reactions: Lady01
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I buy from my dealer, yeah it's expensive but I want to keep the money in the local economy and it gets me recognized when I need service. It helps that my dealer is only 4 miles from here. I'd only use genuine Honda parts/oil until the warranty is over.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My kit on Amazon came with a gallon, and three quarts of oil, and both filters plus crush washers. All OEM.

Reactions: CID and Lady01
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!