P1000 Oil dip stick

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The dickstip is hard to read (you heard me) and the procedure for measuring the oil level is assanine.

This is my biggest complaint about Honda engines. I just don't understand why they do it this way. Why can't they calculate the min/max oil volume and mark the dipstick for a cold engine?

I was taught from a very young age to always check a small engine oil level before cranking and it has always bothered me that I had to crank my Rincon before I could check it.

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
the only thing that i did not put on the post is that the oil looked like it had a lot of metal in it hope thats is OK. looked good a little dark but was first oil change will keep and eye on it.

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the only thing that i did not put on the post is that the oil looked like it had a lot of metal in it hope thats is OK. looked good a little dark but was first oil change will keep and eye on it.
Perfectly normal, that is the reason for the short first interval.

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I feel stupid! This morning I checked the oil, but this time I wore my glasses. Oil was fine, I just couldn't see the fresh oil on the dipstick well enough without my glasses. Don't get old boys cause it's hell... LOL! I actually feel a lot better now. DJR
It is hard to see fresh oil. What I do is wipe the stick clean and then measure. I take a piece of tissue and slowly slid it down the stick until it hits the oil, then you can see where it is on the stick.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!