P1000 Dip stick issues

S

Sadielynn

May 18, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did the 100 mile oil service and noticed some oily residue around dip stick the noticed that it wasn’t screwed in all the way and it wouldn’t. Threads are not damaged but will not go that last thread and a half. Oil fill plug srews in all the way in the dip stick hole but dipstick doesn’t. Any ideas?

Reactions: Isaiah
S

Sadielynn

May 18, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There was no o ring on it because I had to clean the threads off.

Reactions: Isaiah
S

Sadielynn

May 18, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just went and pulled the dipstick to double check for the o ring, didn’t notice before but the oring is still on it but it doesn’t screw down far enough for it to hit.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
If the threads are cross threaded on the dipstick, you should be able to see it. If you can see 'some' thread damage, I'd pull it into place (crescent wrench) to seat it, the plastic threads are a lot softer than the alum. Pay close attention to keeping it straight as you're turning it in. When doing something like this, pay close attention, if it starts to bind more than the plastic should allow, QUIT. :oops:

Note that the Talon has an obstacle for the dipstick to get past, it's possible for it to be cocked - I think the P1000 has the same obstruction.

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the threads are cross threaded on the dipstick, you should be able to see it. If you can see 'some' thread damage, I'd pull it into place (crescent wrench) to seat it, the plastic threads are a lot softer than the alum. Pay close attention to keeping it straight as you're turning it in. When doing something like this, pay close attention, if it starts to bind more than the plastic should allow, QUIT. :oops:

Note that the Talon has an obstacle for the dipstick to get past, it's possible for it to be cocked - I think the P1000 has the same obstruction.
CID said: Note that the Talon has an obstacle for the dipstick to get past, it's possible for it to be cocked - I think the P1000 has the same obstruction.

Yep . What ever it is, its close to the bottom and when the end of the stick touches, tip can sit on top, or go to either side. but can only be screwed in if the tip is on the correct side of the obstruction. Its a little awkward with the positioning and all. I think I confused myself 🤷‍♂️

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!