P1000 Old vs New

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a '17 Pioneer 1000-3 and installed the original upper fabric doors from Honda right after I bought it. As everybody knows, these lack a lot in quality fitment. So, my drivers side door has finally ran its life, zipper wouldn't work any longer and it eventually pulled the seams apart and had to be discarded. Now, Honda has the newer fabric doors which look to be better fitting and better made. My question is, will the newly redesigned upper fabric doors work/fit with my already existing holes and mounting plates on my lower doors, or will I have to drill new holes for different mounting plates?

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a '17 Pioneer 1000-3 and installed the original upper fabric doors from Honda right after I bought it. As everybody knows, these lack a lot in quality fitment. So, my drivers side door has finally ran its life, zipper wouldn't work any longer and it eventually pulled the seams apart and had to be discarded. Now, Honda has the newer fabric doors which look to be better fitting and better made. My question is, will the newly redesigned upper fabric doors work/fit with my already existing holes and mounting plates on my lower doors, or will I have to drill new holes for different mounting plates?
Cant answer that didn't have 1st gen but do have 2nd gen here is pics of door hardware

20201011 105922 20201011 105938

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Cant answer that didn't have 1st gen but do have 2nd gen here is pics of door hardware

View attachment 229430 View attachment 229432
Well, the mounting plates on the door is definitely different the 1st doors offered. Great, I'll be having more holes in my doors it looks like. Assuming after you mount the plate to the door, the upper door just slides down in the front and rear slots...🤔

Reactions: wrhii and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!