Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
It was an eye opening ride, no pun intended as I had an eye that was damn near swelled shut. I have put my machine to the test several times over the last couple of years, guess that made this the exam! As soon as we rolled into the trail system me and the wife looked at one another and said "OH SH**"! It was intimidating to see that in front of us, more mud, rocks and deep ruts than we've ever seen before. Didn't think we'd make it through half the stuff we were facing but the little P5 kicked butt. You would just put it through pure hell and then see the group stop in front of you only to see a bigger obstacle to overcome than the one you just tackled.
Rode the first day with four P1's and a P7, never thought we could hang with these guys but, believe it or not, some things were easier to get through with the narrow track width, some! Having them there to spot and push us upright when needed gave me more confidence in what we were doing. Big thanks to @Remington @tr005 @hank @bryanusmc and Justin, wouldn't have made it without these guys. Three MI and three AL boys, didn't know some of these guys from Adam a few days ago and now consider them brothers. Just good God fearing people that refuse to leave a man behind.
Too many stories to put in one post, pics and words don't do it justice anyway. Was treated like family everywhere we went, southern hospitality abound. By Sunday the wife was saying y'all, lol. Met a lot of members and their families and had a great time. Epic ride and memories that will last a lifetime.
More to come but now have to go survey the damage.
Day 1

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh man...seeing the P5 in the middle of the big boys is one hilarious photo. Puts our 50" width in clear perspective. Sounds like you had a blast. I can't wait to make it to a Takeover.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@trigger. Very nice riding with you on Saturday. It was a awesome ride and the P5 really shined no matter what we encountered. I hope you had a safe trip home and hope we can ride again soon.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As soon as we rolled into the trail system me and the wife looked at one another and said "OH SH**"! It was intimidating to see that in front of us, more mud, rocks and deep ruts than we've ever seen before. Didn't think we'd make it through half the stuff we were facing but the little P5 kicked butt. You would just put it through pure hell and then see the group stop in front of you only to see a bigger obstacle to overcome than the one you just tackled.
Well Said!!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Looking to add front to back center skid plate to existing ricochet rock sliders. Anyone know if other brand/types will fit as add ons? Bang, bang, welcome to RRB! PS, with all the side rut rubs, those mudbuster fender flares stayed the course, surprising!

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It was an eye opening ride, no pun intended as I had an eye that was damn near swelled shut. I have put my machine to the test several times over the last couple of years, guess that made this the exam! As soon as we rolled into the trail system me and the wife looked at one another and said "OH SH**"! It was intimidating to see that in front of us, more mud, rocks and deep ruts than we've ever seen before. Didn't think we'd make it through half the stuff we were facing but the little P5 kicked butt. You would just put it through pure hell and then see the group stop in front of you only to see a bigger obstacle to overcome than the one you just tackled.
Rode the first day with four P1's and a P7, never thought we could hang with these guys but, believe it or not, some things were easier to get through with the narrow track width, some! Having them there to spot and push us upright when needed gave me more confidence in what we were doing. Big thanks to @Remington @tr005 @hank @bryanusmc and Justin, wouldn't have made it without these guys. Three MI and three AL boys, didn't know some of these guys from Adam a few days ago and now consider them brothers. Just good God fearing people that refuse to leave a man behind.
Too many stories to put in one post, pics and words don't do it justice anyway. Was treated like family everywhere we went, southern hospitality abound. By Sunday the wife was saying y'all, lol. Met a lot of members and their families and had a great time. Epic ride and memories that will last a lifetime.
More to come but now have to go survey the damage.
View attachment 73198

Waiting on damage.....report

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well got the machine mostly cleaned up and the damage wasn't bad at all. Pushed in the passenger side diamond plate panel which tore the strap bracket through it. Peeled off the A on the Honda graphic. Scraped up the rear fender flare pretty good, lost a hitch plug and two frame plugs and peeled back one corner of the factory skid. Oh and a gouge in the brush guard. Most of that was caused by the mud wall that I drove through on the P5 ride. Mudder had the idea of throwing logs in the rut after I went through so only me and Jackal got the worst of that one. Good idea Mudder. Gouges in the brush guard was Jackal backing up, sorry, should've gave him more room. That's it! Expected to find a lot more, A arm guards and Ricochet rock sliders really did their job. Bumped the side panel out and it's good to go. Whether it was set up right, the line I took, or just dumb luck, we faired pretty well.
Takeover 2

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looking to add front to back center skid plate to existing ricochet rock sliders. Anyone know if other brand/types will fit as add ons? Bang, bang, welcome to RRB! PS, with all the side rut rubs, those mudbuster fender flares stayed the course, surprising!

Yeah, full skids are coming. Rear WE are on the list as well. This machine surprised the hell out of me again. Always said it was a goat, now calling it a mud pig too. The BH 2.0's didn't disappoint, was real thankful to have the power steering too. Was asked several times why I didn't have a full windshield, I have one and took it off to run the half and glad I did. Between the mud and the dust I don't know how any of you could see and seeing the line to take was crucial. Just had to keep my shades clean. Never planned on riding trails that tough with the wife along but ended up having a great time. A certain comaraderie occurs after a ride like this. Everyone helps one another out to get through it and you trust those that you ride with. Appreciated everyone I rode with and was happy to ride through hell with them.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
FYI...After seeing @trigger fuel pack, found this special on RotoFuel pax. Free mounts on any size. Also thinking of using trash can under seat for water container storage/emergency bucket.
FuelpaX
Fuelpax huh? Bet Koplin is a little irked with that name...

Reactions: sharp and JACKAL
GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@Bad_bowtie got the pic! This was nuts and can't believe I got through it.

View attachment 73273

I was the lucky first one to roll through that rut with logs pretty easy. @JACKAL @trigger got the worst of this and the other 12 of us got through pretty easy...Until the next hole when @JACKAL slid into another bad one. But we all pulled together to help the convoy keep rolling.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I was the lucky first one to roll through that rut with logs pretty easy. @JACKAL @trigger got the worst of this and the other 12 of us got through pretty easy...Until the next hole when @JACKAL slid into another bad one. But we all pulled together to help the convoy keep rolling.

Really enjoyed riding with you @jspeedracer88 . Saw you going down the highway on Sunday heading home. Hope we can do it again next year.

Last edited:
GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Really enjoyed riding with you @jspeedracer88 . Saw you going down the highway on Sunday heading home. Home we can do it again next year.

Was that you in the big toyhauler with the black new Ford crew long bed?

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Well got the machine mostly cleaned up and the damage wasn't bad at all. Pushed in the passenger side diamond plate panel which tore the strap bracket through it. Peeled off the A on the Honda graphic. Scraped up the rear fender flare pretty good, lost a hitch plug and two frame plugs and peeled back one corner of the factory skid. Oh and a gouge in the brush guard. Most of that was caused by the mud wall that I drove through on the P5 ride. Mudder had the idea of throwing logs in the rut after I went through so only me and Jackal got the worst of that one. Good idea Mudder. Gouges in the brush guard was Jackal backing up, sorry, should've gave him more room. That's it! Expected to find a lot more, A arm guards and Ricochet rock sliders really did their job. Bumped the side panel out and it's good to go. Whether it was set up right, the line I took, or just dumb luck, we faired pretty well.
View attachment 73271
ive seen pictures of all kinds of machines stuck in this rut from this past weekend. trust me you werent alone.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!